Larian Studios
Posted By: guy Move name plate at character creation - 06/12/20 02:48 PM
I am used to it now, but when I was a new player, I made three TAVs before I realized how to change the name.

It doens't have to be moved, it just needs a hair more attention
Agree, it should be at the end.
Posted By: Maximuuus Re: Move name plate at character creation - 06/12/20 06:35 PM
Totally agree.
Same here, I had multiple TAV... Which is dissapointing and unfun. I couldn't play an entire playthrough with a TAV... That leads to many unexpected restart, which is boring.
Posted By: Black_Elk Re: Move name plate at character creation - 06/12/20 07:08 PM
Total agreement

Also the main reason people scramble past the Name/Origin menu is because the game asks "Who are you?" but then immediately throws a stock appearance at the player.

Who am I? Apparently a bleach blonde High Elf babe with a perfect tan and steely blue eyes, named "Tav" who grew up nice and religious, as a default Cleric/Acolyte lol.

"Even yer cages is boring!"

And since that's not "who you are" more than likely you skip tabs to the right immediately and start changing appearance/race/class or whatever without remember that you're still a Tav.

The creator just feels like it builds in a weirdly backwards sort of way from how it worked in BG1/2, where the first step there was choosing a Portrait and the last was Naming Charname.

Voice selection is also a bit annoying with the exciting choice between "Scottish or Not-ish?"

At the very least it could randomize everything to perhaps encourage trying out different archetypes, or looks, or a name generator for peeps who struggle with that step.
© Larian Studios forums