Larian Studios
To Larian: Thank you for creating such a wonderful game. I am very happy you decided to take on the challenge of a 5e D&D conversion and utilize the lore and the universe. You are doing a great job so far. I think my suggestions could help polish and improve your game if you are able to implement them.

Inventory Management Suggestions:

1. Please allow a select all, or highlight option for items in inventory for easy movement for bulk amounts to party members during campsite rests.

2. An Inventory Autosort oneclick button that is bindable, and autosorts based on your highlighted sort choice. (Type, Weight etc.)

3. A Hotbar Autosort oneclick button that is bindable and autosorts based on type.

4. Please add more backpack designs or allow for a "write your name/name tag" option for backpacks. And if you could implement a way that all of a certain item go directly to the backpack to its respective pile automatically when a new one enters your inventory. This helps 1000% in inventory management and reducing clutter so players can spend more time playing and less time organizing.

5. When autosorting, Please auto combine gold piles and other same items into their respective piles. This would be very helpful in reducing clutter and allowing for less inventory organization and more focus on gameplay.

Gameplay Suggestions:

1. Option to remove the subtitles of the person who is talking to me.
Why: Some players want to appreciate the cutscenes and your hard work on animated dialogue but its hard to enjoy and appreciate when the subtitles are there. You end up reading it all first. Its hard not to scan all of the words and after reading, it spoils the moment and encourages you to skip the cutscene to the next.

2. I would be nice if party members could participate in dialogue.
Why: Its awkward when they are all standing behind you while looking around while you are conversing. Also, its odd that you would be the only one able to speak when your teammate is nearby and may be able to help.

3. Can you please reduce the rate and amount at which people repeat dialogues while exploring? People will randomly say the same thing over and over, on a repeat loop without any breaks in between and its pretty odd and feels bad.

4. Campsite visits are too accessible and also do not make much sense lore/immersion wise. In addition they are not congruent with D&D game mechanics.

5. Party members repeat dialogues throughout the journey and it is immersion breaking and provides no benefit.

6. Please re work the crit animations when landing a crit attack. I do like the idea of dice rolls on screen but this is very poorly implemented. You cannot see your damage and the camera gets really buggy and slows combat.

7. Please consider smoother dice rolls for conversations that don't completely close out dialogue to another screen and grey it out. It slows down the flow of the game. It would be nice if dice rolling for dialogue was a bit more seamless.

8. You cannot gather party members at camp currently. If you fast travel to camp you cannot fast travel out of camp with your party. I'm not sure if this is intended or not.

9. Critical hits, with camera movement and a 2d dice icon covering the battle and the damage counter is immersion breaking and interrupts combat. Please re work your crit animation into something more complimentary to the flow of combat.

10. Sleep spells cannot be used on NPCs as they wakeup immediately after after being affected.

11. Please allow for enter turn based mode and exit turn based mode to both be the same button.

12. Please include all info for dice rolls in the information box, including dialogue rolls, and saving throws and passive checks.

13. Need a more pronounced sneaking signifier. The characters do not look much different in sneak mode than they do in regular stance. An icon or coloring, or more pronounced crawl stance would be the perfect polish.

14. Please add more main character voices. The current voice selection all sound similar, the posh, intellectual trope. There are no overly heroic sounding, or brash sounding characters that would be better suited to a fighter, barbarian or paladin for both male and female.

15. Its highly suggested to show dice rolls quickly above character in combat or above the center of the hot bar to keep you in the action and feel like your dice rolls matter. I think dice rolls should be an important part of this game and play a bigger roll.

16. The ability to prep spells at any moment feels a bit unbalanced. Please make prepping spells feel more valuable and satisfying by reducing the access or amount of times you can prep them. Decision making from the player should feel like it affects the game in powerful way. Making proper preparations feel more important when you are limited in when you can do them.

17. Campsite fast travel visits should not be accessible from indoors.

18. Adding a Panther summon/companion would add great flavor and brand to the game which is iconic companion in D&D.

19. Choosing "Attack" in dialogue always puts you at a disadvantage in terms of your other choices such as, leaving dialogue and attacking. Choosing, "attack in dialogue" provides no real benefit. Perhaps adding some function or effect to gameplay to this choice? Suggestions could be, maybe certain conversations could grant your team "surprise" or some kind of benefit to initiative rolls or at the very least, some damage. As you would always get damage first by attacking a character if you first exited dialogue and attacked them manually.

20. While in camp, please allow the ability to access other characters inventory that are not currently in your party. So switching certain things or wanting to see their inventory doesn't require talking to one, making them leave, talking to the other to have them join, and so on.

21. Please allow the ability to send items to members who are not in your party, since you can send items to camp already.

22. Please warn the player or do not allow them to buy the same spell twice during their level up. Currently you can, and will miss out on choices. This also affects character creation where you can pick the same proficiencies twice which only count as one and you end up losing out.

23. A suggestion for campsite/sleeping: Characters may leave your party for a while and youll have to wait to recruit them again passing a social skill check or maybe they leave you for good if you go to camp too much since they are all on an important mission and time is of the essence to remove the parasite.

24. Bind the Jump Key.

25. Characters locked in dialogue should be allowed to cast certain spells that fit with that situation such as Thaumaturgy, and Friends, and Charmed. Your party members should be allowed to cast this on you and affect your rolls when you are in dialogue as well.

26. Fire effects do not seem to produce any light. An enemy obscured by shadows that is set burning or in a puddle of fire would most certainly be lit up, or the shadows surrounding them be lit ablaze with light. Fire effects should affect lighting of the surrounding environment just as a torch does.

27. Decay of things / Cycle of time would be important for an RPG of this magnitude. Decaying of dead bodies/blood is important to the immersion and environment.

28. Saving Rolls never show unless you fail them. This may be intentional as not to notify the player that their passive stats protected them from a danger if they passed?. However this isn't consistent with failing/passing passive checks for investigation/perception of traps. In that, you see both failed and successful rolls. However for status effects you do not see successful rolls. This is confusing. I suggest to show successful rolls for all effects and statuses or to at least include those happenings in the dice roll information box.

30. There are mechanics in D&D such as "Smite" Which allow you to make a choice of whether to add a dice roll for radiant damage after you succeed in a hit. The way it works now is, you make your choice before choosing to attack. It would be great if you could find a way to implement this feature properly as it is a pretty important feature in D&D and for said skills/spells.

29. A simple select all party button would work wonders.
I noticed that you did not include or mention that the starting characters should be level 3/4.....
Originally Posted by bullse
I noticed that you did not include or mention that the starting characters should be level 3/4.....

Im so proud of you. How about you make your own post about that. Thanks.
Thanks for adding your voice and thoughts, gametester. Most of what you've put forward here are things that have been put forward by many people already, but every independent voice that has reached the same conclusion on their own does indeed matter. If you can spare the time and effort, it's also worthwhile putting these thoughts into Larian's oficial feedback form ( use https://larian.com/support/baldur-s-gate-3?ver=4.1.90.6165#feedback for feedback, and use https://larian.com/support/baldur-s-gate-3?ver=4.1.90.6165#modal for bugs and bug reports) - making sure they get eyes on as many data points that are saying these things as we can is important.
All of them are sensible suggestions.
About dice rolls, I agree there is a need of information and clearness. Even if I sometimes played D&D before, I found it really hard to get to know how dices worked in Baldurs Gate 3.
After 50 hours of gameplay, I guess I understood that your skill bonus is not added to your dice roll in skill checks, but subtracted from the objective.
Originally Posted by gametester1
To Larian: Thank you for creating such a wonderful game. I am very happy you decided to take on the challenge of a 5e D&D conversion and utilize the lore and the universe. You are doing a great job so far. I think my suggestions could help polish and improve your game if you are able to implement them.

Inventory Management Suggestions:

1. Please allow a select all, or highlight option for items in inventory for easy movement for bulk amounts to party members during campsite rests.

2. An Inventory Autosort oneclick button that is bindable, and autosorts based on your highlighted sort choice. (Type, Weight etc.)

3. A Hotbar Autosort oneclick button that is bindable and autosorts based on type.

4. Please add more backpack designs or allow for a "write your name/name tag" option for backpacks. And if you could implement a way that all of a certain item go directly to the backpack to its respective pile automatically when a new one enters your inventory. This helps 1000% in inventory management and reducing clutter so players can spend more time playing and less time organizing.

5. When autosorting, Please auto combine gold piles and other same items into their respective piles. This would be very helpful in reducing clutter and allowing for less inventory organization and more focus on gameplay.

Gameplay Suggestions:

1. Option to remove the subtitles of the person who is talking to me.
Why: Some players want to appreciate the cutscenes and your hard work on animated dialogue but its hard to enjoy and appreciate when the subtitles are there. You end up reading it all first. Its hard not to scan all of the words and after reading, it spoils the moment and encourages you to skip the cutscene to the next.

2. I would be nice if party members could participate in dialogue.
Why: Its awkward when they are all standing behind you while looking around while you are conversing. Also, its odd that you would be the only one able to speak when your teammate is nearby and may be able to help.

3. Can you please reduce the rate and amount at which people repeat dialogues while exploring? People will randomly say the same thing over and over, on a repeat loop without any breaks in between and its pretty odd and feels bad.

4. Campsite visits are too accessible and also do not make much sense lore/immersion wise. In addition they are not congruent with D&D game mechanics.

5. Party members repeat dialogues throughout the journey and it is immersion breaking and provides no benefit.

6. Please re work the crit animations when landing a crit attack. I do like the idea of dice rolls on screen but this is very poorly implemented. You cannot see your damage and the camera gets really buggy and slows combat.

7. Please consider smoother dice rolls for conversations that don't completely close out dialogue to another screen and grey it out. It slows down the flow of the game. It would be nice if dice rolling for dialogue was a bit more seamless.

8. You cannot gather party members at camp currently. If you fast travel to camp you cannot fast travel out of camp with your party. I'm not sure if this is intended or not.

9. Critical hits, with camera movement and a 2d dice icon covering the battle and the damage counter is immersion breaking and interrupts combat. Please re work your crit animation into something more complimentary to the flow of combat.

10. Sleep spells cannot be used on NPCs as they wakeup immediately after after being affected.

11. Please allow for enter turn based mode and exit turn based mode to both be the same button.

12. Please include all info for dice rolls in the information box, including dialogue rolls, and saving throws and passive checks.

13. Need a more pronounced sneaking signifier. The characters do not look much different in sneak mode than they do in regular stance. An icon or coloring, or more pronounced crawl stance would be the perfect polish.

14. Please add more main character voices. The current voice selection all sound similar, the posh, intellectual trope. There are no overly heroic sounding, or brash sounding characters that would be better suited to a fighter, barbarian or paladin for both male and female.

15. Its highly suggested to show dice rolls quickly above character in combat or above the center of the hot bar to keep you in the action and feel like your dice rolls matter. I think dice rolls should be an important part of this game and play a bigger roll.

16. The ability to prep spells at any moment feels a bit unbalanced. Please make prepping spells feel more valuable and satisfying by reducing the access or amount of times you can prep them. Decision making from the player should feel like it affects the game in powerful way. Making proper preparations feel more important when you are limited in when you can do them.

18. Adding a Panther summon/companion would add great flavor and brand to the game which is iconic companion in D&D.

19. Choosing "Attack" in dialogue always puts you at a disadvantage in terms of your other choices such as, leaving dialogue and attacking. Choosing, "attack in dialogue" provides no real benefit. Perhaps adding some function or effect to gameplay to this choice? Suggestions could be, maybe certain conversations could grant your team "surprise" or some kind of benefit to initiative rolls or at the very least, some damage. As you would always get damage first by attacking a character if you first exited dialogue and attacked them manually.

20. While in camp, please allow the ability to access other characters inventory that are not currently in your party. So switching certain things or wanting to see their inventory doesn't require talking to one, making them leave, talking to the other to have them join, and so on.

21. Please allow the ability to send items to members who are not in your party, since you can send items to camp already.

22. Please warn the player or do not allow them to buy the same spell twice during their level up. Currently you can, and will miss out on choices. This also affects character creation where you can pick the same proficiencies twice which only count as one and you end up losing out.

23. A suggestion for campsite/sleeping: Characters may leave your party for a while and youll have to wait to recruit them again passing a social skill check or maybe they leave you for good if you go to camp too much since they are all on an important mission and time is of the essence to remove the parasite.

24. Bind the Jump Key.

25. Characters locked in dialogue should be allowed to cast certain spells that fit with that situation such as Thaumaturgy, and Friends, and Charmed. Your party members should be allowed to cast this on you and affect your rolls when you are in dialogue as well.

26. Fire effects do not seem to produce any light. An enemy obscured by shadows that is set burning or in a puddle of fire would most certainly be lit up, or the shadows surrounding them be lit ablaze with light. Fire effects should affect lighting of the surrounding environment just as a torch does.

27. Decay of things / Cycle of time would be important for an RPG of this magnitude. Decaying of dead bodies/blood is important to the immersion and environment.

28. Saving Rolls never show unless you fail them. This may be intentional as not to notify the player that their passive stats protected them from a danger if they passed?. However this isn't consistent with failing/passing passive checks for investigation/perception of traps. In that, you see both failed and successful rolls. However for status effects you do not see successful rolls. This is confusing. I suggest to show successful rolls for all effects and statuses or to at least include those happenings in the dice roll information box.

30. There are mechanics in D&D such as "Smite" Which allow you to make a choice of whether to add a dice roll for radiant damage after you succeed in a hit. The way it works now is, you make your choice before choosing to attack. It would be great if you could find a way to implement this feature properly as it is a pretty important feature in D&D and for said skills/spells.

29. A simple select all party button would work wonders.

Good stuff!

Feel free to corect me, but i dont see much difference in theese points ...

But anyway, there was made quite interesting sugestion in one of different topics around here and i wonder what do you think about it:
Allowing this "crittical strike" animation with slicing dice at half to simply show abowe our head, just as dice shows when you roll perception check ... with posibility in setting to set 0-100% (curently at 100%) cases when we get "action camera" instead.

I just tryed, i entered camp with whole party ... and when i teleported out, whole party was with me.
So i presume that was some kind of bug.

Maybe im minority here, but i would like to see canceling fast travel as whole ...
Teleport from one Waystone to another? No problem, but you still need to get there.

Also i would like to see our campsite to be acessible trough Waystone only.
It would at least a little bit help with limiting long rests ... and there is some ruined tower, that would be perfect for that Waystone. :3
(Also it would make sence ... if our characters are suppose to walk on foot to the same camp after each day, how exactly are they suppose to get anywhere far than half-daywalk from that camp? :-/)
© Larian Studios forums