Larian Studios
Posted By: DragonSnooz What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 03/08/21 01:53 AM
Howdy all! Now that we've had time to digest Patch 5, I am curious what everyone wants to see for Patch 6.
So post your hopes and dreams for the next patch (changes, new content, etc.).

Here's my wishlist:
  • I would love to see advantage from high ground be replaced with "Combat Advantage" from 4e (a +2 to hit).
  • I want disadvantage from low ground removed and for a Dodge action and free-action Prone to be added to the game.
  • I would like to see a better GUI for inventory and trading. (I love the changes we got in Patch 5, so I'm sure Larian will have more for Patch 6).
  • True Reactions and better implementation of 5e's ruleset. (Patch 5 and PfH3 have me pumped to see what's coming for reactions in the future).
  • New robes for Tav and friends. (Especially something new for Wizards to wear, give us cool hats).
  • Sorcerer or Paladin.
  • Playable character Karlach.

(Please respect each others' wishlists smile )
Posted By: Aburaishi Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 03/08/21 02:18 AM
I want a Grab action, and some way to Shove Prone or Trip.
Posted By: sheffie01 Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 03/08/21 03:21 AM
In the same spirit as losing advantage from height (or maybe modifying it somehow?), would be nice for hide to become an action instead of a bonus action (except for rogues with cunning action :)).

One thing that I really don't consider that important but think would make a massive difference on how the game "feels" would be more fluid jump animations - right now characters don't feel all that graceful when they jump ^^'. Maybe something as simple as toning down the "THONK" sound of jumps a smidge and making the animation a tiny bit quicker (like shaving off a quarter of a second when initiating and ending the jump) ?

Apart from that, I say surprise me. I thought every patch so far was great and ripe with new content for playthroughs, so I trust next patch will be great also.

Oh, yeah, I forgot. Maybe a few bug fixes ? (the most annoying right now are broken ladders and path finding for characters who don't follow) ?

EDIT: One more: make pickpocketing an active diceroll like lockpicking.
Posted By: Icelyn Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 03/08/21 03:24 AM
Here’s what I would like to see:
  • Halsin made a companion!
  • PC the default person npcs talk to when dialogue starts automatically (instead of companions)
  • Speak with Animals not cost a spell slot
  • Armor transmog
  • Fast travel to main camp always an option on the fast travel list
  • All players able to participate in conversations in multiplayer
Posted By: fallenj Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 03/08/21 04:50 AM
Getting late so these are the ones I can come up with off the top of my head:

• Cinematics fixed up
  • click to move dialog dialed back (even more than what it is set for second option)
  • remove the send to camp option
  • hide-able minimap
  • more crafting
  • more weapon types
  • more lore books
  • rideable donkeys
  • remove fast travel anywhere and require you to be at a portal to use them
  • a unlockable lore section that gives you info on subjects you run into on your adventure (plants, creatures, religion, enviromental features, ect)
  • reduce strength requirements on throwing halflings

Originally Posted by Icelyn
  • PC the default person npcs talk to when dialogue starts automatically (instead of companions)
  • All players able to participate in conversations in multiplayer
+1 to these, truthfully, I'd like to see more interactions with companions during dialog single or multi.
Posted By: linkezio Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 03/08/21 05:16 AM
- Fidelity FX
- 1 or 2 new class
- a lot of Bug fixs
- remove advantage and disadvantage height system.
- add more spells
- 1 or 2 new subclass
- remove the barrelmancy
- 1 new race
- new talents
- crafting
- remove the fast travel and portals
- increase the weight of environment objects
- mounts
- new companion
- AI improve
- consequences of using the power of mindflayers
Posted By: Araanidim Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 03/08/21 05:19 AM
Act 2.
Posted By: Mercury4711 Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 03/08/21 10:47 AM
-Fix "Vulkan - Device Lost" crash
-one new class (surprise us :))
-one new race (again no specific wishes)
-some new customization options
-remove disadvantage for low ground, let us test it, at least for one patch
-remove "send to camp", give camp a fast travel point, improve camp storage interface
-include camp storage in camp supply for resting
-hide as a full action for everybody, only rogues get is as bonus action as per their class feature
-when playing singleplayer make PC the default char for "forced" dialogue
-more integration of companions in dialogues
-adjust times for saving throws against spells etc., some are rolled at the beginning of the enemy turn when they should be at the end, makes some spells almost useless
-further work on reaction system (more player agency), be it via conditions we can set up or by "slo-mo pop up timed thingy"

-i would encourage larian to allow level 5 at some later point during ea, it is the most noticeable jump in power in 5e (i think) and i would argue that it would be immensly helpful to test this during ea
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 03/08/21 11:16 AM
Gnomes ...
Just gnomes, and litteraly nothing else.
Not even any fix, just Gnomes.

NO particular reason except i would be able to say Blackheifer that its his fault. laugh
Posted By: ArvGuy Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 03/08/21 02:37 PM
- Add some optional direction indicator to the main interface, to make it easier to align camera direction with the map and minimap. Not really any reason not to.
- Make camera height less sticky, particularly during targeting. Imps with flying jump as a free action really illustrate this issue. You can change verticality fine, if you can find some higher point to jump to, but how do you get the camera to show them?
- Do something to make combat faster. A lot of people are suggesting less advantage in combat, meaning a lot more misses. This slows combat down big time. IMO, that is entirely the wrong direction.
- Formation for the party. Ungrouping and manually positioning works, but it is a chore to do this in every combat.
- QoL for inventory management. I cannot be the only a bit frustrated by all the double clicking and dragging stuff one item at a time. Getting stuff into and out of containers is also not super smooth. If I drop an item on top of a container, I probably don't want to swap the item for the container.
- Bug fixes
- Bug fixes
- Bug fixes
- Probably some new content.
Posted By: sinogy Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 03/08/21 02:55 PM
Being more faithful to actual 5e rules
Posted By: Magicalus Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 03/08/21 03:43 PM
  • More subraces for tieflings, this time related to Demon Lords and Abyss (Demogorgon Tiefling, Graz'zt Tiefling, Orcus Tiefling e.t.c).
  • The team increased from four to six members.
  • One or two new classes.
  • A new race (I dream about cambions, it would be great to play a literally half-demon or half-devil).
  • The possibility of choosing a patron for ALL classes and a really abundant choice of deities (Lathander and other Faerûn gods, but also the gods of the Egyptian, Nordic, as well as the Demon Lords and Archdevils.
Posted By: mrfuji3 Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 03/08/21 06:24 PM
- An improved reaction system. Maybe a hybrid system where you toggle which reactions will: automatically occur if conditions are met, appear in pop-up window prompts, or never happen.
- Knocking out enemies should actually be useful. At the very least allow an intimidate/persuasion check to convince knocked out enemies to not resume hostility upon waking up. Bonus points if we can interrogate important NPCs.
- Toggle Sneak Attack so, if we miss on the first attack, we can use it for the second. And on opportunity attacks.
- Less single enemy actions that cause multiple concentration checks
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 03/08/21 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by mrfuji3
- Toggle Sneak Attack so, if we miss on the first attack, we can use it for the second. And on opportunity attacks.
Now when you mentioned it like this ...
How about (and dont stone me please) Rogues get some "sneak attack" resouce, simmilar (actualy, exactly the same ... except it would need to restore every turn) to Supperior dices ... consumed when used, not consumed if you miss ...
And curent Sneak attack will simply consume this resouce to deal additional damage ... and off hand attack will also consume it for additional damage (if possible ofc.) ... and AoO will also consume it, you get the idea.

I mean, it dont exactly needs to be visible ... but i would not mind it at all. O_o
It seems like almost Ctrl+C Ctrl+V thing to implement. O_o
Posted By: Sozz Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 03/08/21 08:09 PM
I've been carrying around a bigger and bigger pile of herbs hoping for an alchemy system to use them with at some point.

I unabashedly love complex alchemy systems in RPGs, but I'll take anything.
Posted By: Zellin Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 03/08/21 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by Sozz
I've been carrying around a bigger and bigger pile of herbs hoping for an alchemy system to use them with at some point.

I unabashedly love complex alchemy systems in RPGs, but I'll take anything.
I'm sure something like that is shaping already. Go to Nettie's room read the book near her cauldron and then try to do the written thing, you'll have a nice surprise.
Posted By: Sozz Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 03/08/21 09:42 PM
Oh, I've figured that out, but I'm afraid that will just be idiot prize for people who can't (or won't) make nice with Nettie and need to cure themselves of...the cure.

I think they must have something in mind, why else give us all these herbs to pick up?
Posted By: Araanidim Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 04/08/21 12:59 AM
Originally Posted by Araanidim
Act 2.

Also removing all tieflings and references to them from the game. wink
Posted By: Aazo Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 04/08/21 02:31 AM
I want to be able to use objects for setting up or implementing traps/ambushes such as:

1. I want to be able to throw torches, you know at spilled flammables on the ground etc..
2. I want to be able to pour acid/poison gas down the goblin holes at goblin camp to damage them if they use them. Or any other creatures hole that they might use (thinking future acts that might use such).
3. I want to be able to set up traps that have a duration on the effects (flames, gas, etc.. ). We have tons of traps we as players have to deal with (Hag fight for instance), why can't we create our own if we can pre stage an area for it?

These are all tactical choices I would like to be able to implement in the game. It would allow a player some creative choices rather than direct hack and slash, or snipe from afar, without the overpowered issues "barrelmancy" caused.
Posted By: timebean Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 04/08/21 02:40 AM
My wishlist:

Sorcerer class added.
More races.
Spells allocated to correct classes.
A dice roll that does not take a stupidly long amount of time to show me basic math.
Posted By: Starblaireau Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 05/08/21 03:18 PM
Hum...

- [Inventory] A click & drop system which works without several trials
- [Inventory] No auto-filtering when opening a container like a backpack
- [Inventory] Items multi-selection
- [Inventory] No exchange of items between characters if they are too far or worst, in a different zone
- [Inventory] Send to camp option should send items to chest only when you reach the camp (for more realism)
- [Camp] Undead priest should not be a merchant (because undead like him does not care about buying tomatoes, cooking pot, tools, weapons, etc). It can however continue to sell ressurection scroll through dialog.
- [Crafting] Food and/or potion crafting
- [Crafting] A better usage of current useless objects found in the map
- [Armors] Different design of armors. Especially, specific priest chainmail (one per law or neutral alignment god or goddess)
- [Quests] The two quests I have suggested implemented wink
- [Mechanic] Sneak attack from patch 5 is weird and should be improved. The system in DOS2 was pretty good for this.
- [Character creation] Possibility to create his own party of 4 characters in single player mode without using the multiplayer trick which does not work anymore anyway.
- [Merchant] Speaker should be able to sell items flaggued as To be sold from every characters connected to him/her directly.
- [Merchant] Option to set flag "To be sold" to an item should be available from Transation UI
- [Mechanic] If i choose option Hide for character 1, all connected characters should also hide
- [Bug] Ladders should work

As long terms wishes :

- [Camp] Simple camp on map (or camp 3.0)
- [Inventory] Realistic inventory
Inventory management for BG3 (like Divinity) is for me not realistic at all. An adventurer will not explore a creepy cave with 6 armors, 12 weapons and vegetables for one month into a single backpack...

It should include :
- Limited number of slots (also for containers)
- Items should have a size like in NWN1 (Exemple : a citrus takes one slot, an armor 4x8 slots)
- Carriers like mules or Floating Disk
- taking an object from backpack is costing one action point. Backpack is spawned near the player.
- Objects in quick access bar should be on Easy Access Slots (EAS)
- Dedicated use containers

- [Race] Playing humanoid beastman (like minotaur, lizard, wolf, feline, etc...) even if I am not sure this part of D&D
- [Mode] Survival mode with management of thirst, tiredness,
- [Ambiance] A day simulator to change the luminosity as the day passes. Same for the night.
- [Ambiance] A random weather system
- [Character creation] Possibility to start at the very beginning with up to three characters generated on the fly (including simple villagers like farmer, fishman,etc). These characters should have some objectives based on their story which can be discovered by dialogs.
- [Skill] Medecine should allow to help to gain some PV with a roll dice. One try per day only
Posted By: Schugger Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 05/08/21 03:22 PM
AN UI Rework
I have recently finished a Solastra playthrough and returned to BG 3 after Patch 5. It's just my personal taste, I really don't like the asthetical aspects of Solastra's UI but from the functionally point of view I find it really pleasant to handle when compared to BG 3's UI.
Posted By: Kryldost Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 05/08/21 04:04 PM
Id prefer mostly quality of life updates related to inventory management.
Posted By: KillerRabbit Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 05/08/21 05:13 PM
Signing on to all of these.

Still playing Patch 5. Some improvements! Some signs that Larian is listening!

Party management is still painful. The group / ungroup key is better but this thing still needs an overhaul.

Originally Posted by DragonSnooz
Howdy all! Now that we've had time to digest Patch 5, I am curious what everyone wants to see for Patch 6.
So post your hopes and dreams for the next patch (changes, new content, etc.).

Here's my wishlist:
  • I would love to see advantage from high ground be replaced with "Combat Advantage" from 4e (a +2 to hit).
  • I want disadvantage from low ground removed and for a Dodge action and free-action Prone to be added to the game.
  • I would like to see a better GUI for inventory and trading. (I love the changes we got in Patch 5, so I'm sure Larian will have more for Patch 6).
  • True Reactions and better implementation of 5e's ruleset. (Patch 5 and PfH3 have me pumped to see what's coming for reactions in the future).
  • New robes for Tav and friends. (Especially something new for Wizards to wear, give us cool hats).
  • Sorcerer or Paladin.
  • Playable character Karlach.

(Please respect each others' wishlists smile )
Posted By: Street Hero Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 05/08/21 05:32 PM
More companions especially female ones.
Posted By: Magicalus Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 05/08/21 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by Magicalus
  • More subraces for tieflings, this time related to Demon Lords and Abyss (Demogorgon Tiefling, Graz'zt Tiefling, Orcus Tiefling e.t.c).
  • The team increased from four to six members.
  • One or two new classes.
  • A new race (I dream about cambions, it would be great to play a literally half-demon or half-devil).
  • The possibility of choosing a patron for ALL classes and a really abundant choice of deities (Lathander and other Faerûn gods, but also the gods of the Egyptian, Nordic, as well as the Demon Lords and Archdevils.
  • Oh, and adding a separate last name field to the character creator (which you can leave blank if you want). If you fill them in, most unfamiliar NPC's will refer to us as Mr./Ms. Such-And-Such. Name can be used by party members after joining to us, or by NPCs who have a more "friendly" attitude towards other people.
Posted By: KeinSklave Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 05/08/21 10:15 PM
This one is probably pretty far in the future.

After completion of the entire game you unlock "newgame+".
Whenever you enter that, you get acess to new things for restarting the whole campaign/main story.
Things which might not make sense the first time around.

Goofy stuff - but for fun.
Playing as a monster race for example like a

° Harpy, more Underdark races, a Lich, a Devil or Demon

Stuff like that.
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 06/08/21 09:13 AM
Originally Posted by Magicalus
  • Oh, and adding a separate last name field to the character creator (which you can leave blank if you want). If you fill them in, most unfamiliar NPC's will refer to us as Mr./Ms. Such-And-Such. Name can be used by party members after joining to us, or by NPCs who have a more "friendly" attitude towards other people.
The only way i can imagine this would be list of prepared last names for each race ... and that would mean to record every sentence where is that name used with every last name separately (since when you just cut the sentence, insert the word, and cut it again ... it never feels naturaly. :-/ )
Kinda too much effort (and especialy money) for so little gain. O_o
Posted By: Apollyon Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 06/08/21 02:54 PM
- Identify Spell
- Either a new class (any of the remaining 5) or race (dragonborn, gnome, half-orc, or variant human)
- Inventory Management; send to camp kitchen for food, send to camp library for lore books, a key ring, and everything else goes to your traveler's chest
- Allow an inspiration point to be used to gain advantage (not a re-roll) on an ability check (unlimited), attack roll (once per long rest), or saving throw (once per long rest)
- Gameplay Options: let us turn on/off height advantage and weapon specific actions (cleave, pin down, & topple)
- Remove the wizard class ability to learn every spell to the spellbook
- Point & Click system default is occasional
Posted By: Tuco Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 06/08/21 03:39 PM
No more toilet chain would be great.
Posted By: GM4Him Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 06/08/21 06:33 PM
Paladin class so Karlach can be a playable companion, and them to fix her model so it looks right.

This was a datamined image of her I found:

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/9nBvBm8ETrySZ32i6[/img]
Posted By: Tuco Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 06/08/21 06:36 PM
There are still doubts about Karlach being actually a barbarian and being flagged as a paladin just as placeholder, for the record.
Posted By: GM4Him Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 06/08/21 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by Tuco
There are still doubts about Karlach being actually a barbarian and being flagged as a paladin just as placeholder, for the record.

After digging into her story further, she REALLY seems like a Paladin with the Oath of Vengeance, but I know what you mean. My main point is that I like Karlach and want her to be a party member in EA. Besides, I like the Paladin and Barbarian classes, so I'm good with either.

On top of that, Karlach's story doesn't make a ton of sense currently. I want them to really flesh it out more. Timeline-wise, how does everything fit at the toll house? Goblins came and butchered people days upon days ago. Then what? Crash occurred. Karlach ran for it towards Baldur's Gate? What, did she go into the shadow cursed lands? Was she then jumped by Anders and his crew? Then she fled back to the tollhouse where they cornered her? As they were fighting her, the caravan showed up with Rugan and Olly? Then the Gnolls ambushed them and caved in the pass. Was that what helped Karlach escape? Then who butchered all the people around the toll house? Looked to me more like there was a sick butchery going on there. There were skeletons, not corpses, and many were skinned alive and chopped to pieces. Blood looked pretty fresh for a lot of those body parts. If the Gnolls showed up after Anders and his crew, then it wasn't the Gnolls who killed those other people, but those bodies looked more fresh. But the guy in the cellar died a long time before that, and the guards abandoned him. So if Karlach killed a bunch of Anders' folks, why were they cut to pieces and skinned?

A lot of it just doesn't make sense. Another thing that doesn't is Karlach's comment about returning home to Baldur's Gate, but she'd been in the Hells fighting the Blood War for Zariel for who knows how long. She also had a bone to pick with the rest of the Cultists of Zariel there in Baldur's Gate. Ah! The whole thing just doesn't fully make sense. I want more of her story and a bit of a timeline of sorts... and Karlach to actually look like she's supposed to.

But anyway, this is all aside from the other stuff I'd like to see in Patch 6 including the tweaks we've discussed on other posts: Monsters being more 5e-like with true stats and not weird quasi-5e monsters, etc.
Posted By: Ackadia Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 06/08/21 07:55 PM
In order of preference:

Act 2

Better stacking, especially herbs

Crafting, especially meals, potions etc, but also arrows, missiles, darts, weapons and armour, (enchanted and alchemical added over time)

Fix "Can't reach"

Option to save Gribbo and have her follow Volo to your camp

Option to hire Zhent traders in goblin camp to join your camp

Cooking animation for camp would be cool (e.g. if you add carrots, spuds and pork, with rum it goes "into my pot"
Ditto for crafting
But with option to disable this 'cos not everyone will like it

More voices

More classes

Gnomes and maybe other races such as half-orc.

Did I mention stacking?

Sorting items that are obviously wrong (e.g. gems that can weigh 1 lb and be worth 1g or the can weight 0.01 lb and be worth 200g)

More barrels, definitely more barrels! laugh (Kidding, but maybe make barrels realistic:
e.g.: You can't fit one in a backpack, can't "sent to camp"
Carrying one is max encumbrance ('cos unwieldy - it's a BIG heavy barrel, not a bag of carrots.)
NPCs that aren't dumb enough to stand next to the wagonload of gunpowder you laid in a circle.
NPCS that react if you drop one next to them - but you should be able to line a few up on a cliff or rise and shove on on them (initiating battle). If you want to have another 10 barrels ready to drop on them, fine, but they also get to fire at that tempting target and if they get initiative...

Maybe make food rot (but maybe also a use/recipe for rotten food, such as poison or disease)

Make lockpicks and trap kits lighter and more resilience, with poor, medium and high quality versions
A rogue doesn't need to carry 30lb of spare picks, he's a burglar, not a weightlifter.
e.g. iron picks chance to break vs basic iron lock, vs steel lock vs big heavy lock
e.g. steel picks chance to break...
e.g. mithril picks chance to break...

If you've even seen keys to medieval chests and castle doors, they are massive, a bobby pin just isn't gonna cut it.

Add oil to improve the rolls, just like real life. Maybe limited to rusted locks. Use oil, disarm, pick lock...

The camp does seem to get better with time. I would very much like to see this extended with progress, so, kitchen area, alchemy, forge, tents replaced with buildings.
Hire carpenter, hire stone mason, grateful NPC upgrades your camp as a reward sort of thing. Doesn't need to be basically complex or involved, repurpose stuff from the temple fort or blighted village. Clear out the blight village, make that your base camp. Lots of options.
Better than portal to Underdark, sell stuff; portal to blighted village, craft sword; portal to druids, buy food and supplies; portal to camp...

Encumbrance
As other have mentioned, just 'cos you can carry 200lb of barrels, plate armour and spuds doesn't mean it will all speak into a backpack

Going forward:
One-size-fits all...
I understand it, really I do, but the halfling taking the chainmail vest off the hill giant and - it fits perfectly... That sort of thing could be done better, perhaps
Posted By: Matey Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 06/08/21 08:57 PM
A better dialogue system for multiplayer so that everyone playing can actually be relevant in a conversation (see SWTOR) instead of 3 people just be passive observers with no agency.
Posted By: 1varangian Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 07/08/21 10:48 PM
Further improvements to tactical combat mechanics. Time for height advantage to get nerfed.

An experiment to grant everyone a bonus feat at level 1.

UI that isn't messy to use and move your party with.

More armor variety and other customization options / classes / sub-classes / companions / level 5 so that it would be interesting to create more characters for another playthrough.
Posted By: Pupito Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 08/08/21 04:58 AM
Detect magic and identify so that I actually have to do something to learn how magic items work, instead of just finding something and instantly knowing it's magical and exactly what it does. And the ability to ready actions. So tired of enemies being just outside of my range for me to hit them on my turn, but I have no way to ready an attack so that when they do move into range I can hit them. Solasta managed to pull off a D&D 5E game extremely well, if not quite as aesthetically pleasing as BG3, with a lower budget and less time. Really just wanting to see some basic features like better reactions system, ability to ready attacks, etc. 3D spell outlines would be extremely nice as well, hopefully at some point because if I can't really tell if my AOE spell is going to hit a flying target or not what good is it? That and the fact that my "cones" "cubes" and "spheres" as listed in the spell descriptions are actually all just the exact same weird outline on the ground just bothers me.

And perhaps some kind of revision of the advantage on high ground/disadvantage from low ground thing. It's not terrible, but it's not really ideal either. Just turns the encounters into big battles over who can get to the high ground and stay on it for basically all the fights, instead of figuring out some more tactical and clever strategies to deal with enemies. If you want to make high ground important without it being just stupidly necessary almost, then remove the advantage/disadvantage from it and just make it so being higher up gives you some more range on your ranged attacks instead of straight up advantage. Still makes it useful, since whoever has the high ground can rain down arrows or spells from farther away than those on the low ground.
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 08/08/21 07:52 AM
Originally Posted by Pupito
instead of figuring out some more tactical and clever strategies to deal with enemies
This is actualy quite funny ...
I keep hearing theese words since patch 1, but as far as i know, nobody ever come with any "tactical and clever strategy" so even after a year i still have no idea what they mean by that. laugh
Posted By: Pupito Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 09/08/21 07:59 AM
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
instead of figuring out some more tactical and clever strategies to deal with enemies
This is actualy quite funny ...
I keep hearing theese words since patch 1, but as far as i know, nobody ever come with any "tactical and clever strategy" so even after a year i still have no idea what they mean by that. laugh

Something more tactical than "if I get on this cliff, I win"? How about flanking for advantage, something that is an optional rule for 5e (not the "I get advantage if I'm behind you" backstabbing BS from before, but proper 5e flanking option). Or just flanking in general, where instead of just keeping control of this one spot of high ground and flinging my endless arrows at enemies, I actually might want to try getting around behind them with some of my characters to trap them between the two positions hammer and anvil style. I can technically do that now if I'm so inclined, but because of high ground giving advantage for no real reason, it's more advantageous to just keep the whole party on top of the high ground and use the strength characters to push anyone who comes up back off while flinging arrows at them.

Advantage is way too powerful of a thing to be handing out just because you get on top of a rock, and disadvantage is too debilitating to be giving out just because someone else is on top of the rock. Increased range for ranged attacks from high ground is more than enough, the advantage/disadvantage of it is just not needed and bogs things down more. Especially when a lot of our spells that should have 3D AoE's just have a weird flat area of the ground they target so we can't actually aim them up. Not even the correct AoE's on the flat ground either, burning hands is supposed to be a cone and instead it aims like a flat plane of fire.
Posted By: ArvGuy Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 09/08/21 09:13 AM
In fairness, I'm just not sure what tactical and clever strategies one can reasonably utilize at low levels aside from seeking out positional advantages. In BG1, the winning strategy was ranged weapons while having a lucky decoy max out AC and distract enemies. BG2 had higher levels and thus more options, but one very winning strategy was thief with boots of speed zipping in, stabbing something in the face, zipping past a corner, and hiding in shadows. Things with spells or abilities would fire their spell trigger, you wait that out, then zip back in. Maybe let them enjoy nuking whatever chaff a wand of monster summoning pulled in.

BG3 hardly seems less tactical than that.

And in terms of positional advantage, having elevation and cover of darkness while the enemies are fighting uphill and are illuminated or alternatively managing some form of choke point to create a fatal funnel is pretty much what springs to mind, isn't it? That or hiding the party and just kiting with a single character and then ending it in a nice ambush. Barrelmancy with local resources is also a thing, but it seems a bit too convenient, doesn't it?

There's also the problem that at present levels, most characters simply do not have any good way of dealing out damage to multiple enemies, which makes it somewhat difficult to get rid of chaff. And the chaff can and will be a problem for squishy low AC characters. And tanking with the tanky characters is non-trivial because enemies do not have to engage them. They can in fact just jump right past them or take that AoO swing and miss and step right into the face of squishy people. Or throw a vial of acid or an acid arrow or a fire arrow or a bomb flask.

And so it seems to me that it's actually fairly tactical and clever to take and hold the high ground while trying to control battlefield illumination. Doing what you can to break line of sight to ranged enemies during their turn. And using verticality and shoves to keep enemies away.

But what's perhaps a bit over the top is just how far the strong characters can shove people. A couple of meters seems reasonable, maybe a bit more if the strength difference is massive and the target is light, but after that the target should fall downwards not further outwards, regardless of verticality. At the moment, it seems like the horizontal speed is preserved all the way to the ground, which makes some shoves truly ridiculous.
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 09/08/21 10:36 AM
How about flanking for advantage, something that is an optional rule for 5e (not the "I get advantage if I'm behind you" backstabbing BS from before, but proper 5e flanking option).
You mean that you should get Advantage on Meele attacks, when anyone else from your party is in meele range from that NPC?
That is certainly there, it was dicuised in "Patch 5 news" topic, since Larian removed "auto advantage when attacking from behind" but changed it with this. wink

I actually might want to try getting around behind them with some of my characters to trap them between the two positions hammer and anvil style. I can technically do that now if I'm so inclined, but because of high ground giving advantage for no real reason, it's more advantageous to just keep the whole party on top of the high ground and use the strength characters to push anyone who comes up back off while flinging arrows at them.
So ... your point is actualy not the fact that you want to "figure out" some clever tactics ... but that you want those tactics to be more effective.
Since as far as i know, there is nothing stoping you using what you described here. O_o

Originally Posted by ArvGuy
In fairness, I'm just not sure what tactical and clever strategies one can reasonably utilize at low levels aside from seeking out positional advantages.
That was kinda my point. smile

I maybe hoped a little that someone mentions that he would like to see option to "hide" behind objects (such as Barrels, Big Rocks, Tower Shield, or simply bigger teammember laugh etc.) ... wich would be negated by High Ground ... that is tactic i would certainly welcome!
But im not quite sure if that is even in Larian power to implement this properly. frown

Personaly i would like to see that any "tactical" decision we made will have some consequences ... or risks if you want.
Few examples:
You want high ground on the hill? No problem, but every single enemy will imediatly run as far from you as they can ...
You want high ground on some raft, or simmilar construct? Nah ... bad idea, one shoot here, one shoot there and construct is falling appart (note that i mentioned at least two attacks) ...
You want to destroy webs in Spider Queen lair, when she will be on them to get fall damage? Good choice, except spiderlings have incerased speed on them, and can get to you ... you have to decide, set a trap and risk ... or burn them to block spiderlings, but loose a trap.

That is kind of "tactics" i would like to see. smile

But what's perhaps a bit over the top is just how far the strong characters can shove people. A couple of meters seems reasonable, maybe a bit more if the strength difference is massive and the target is light, but after that the target should fall downwards not further outwards, regardless of verticality. At the moment, it seems like the horizontal speed is preserved all the way to the ground, which makes some shoves truly ridiculous.
Honestly i kinda like one suggestion that was here for Shove ...
Someone suggested that Shove should knock enemy prone on sucess ... and throw them away only for crittical hit, and even then only 1-2m ... that seem interesting, reasonable, and more than usefull for meele characters (at least to me)
Posted By: KeinSklave Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 09/08/21 11:39 AM
What I would like to see in general, not necessarily in the next EA patch - is more information about Act 2.

Otherwise
° the ability to maybe speak or interact with the Minotaurs and or the & Spectators, so that it does not necessarily boarder in a fight
° maybe the possibility to enlist some members of the Flaming Fist as extra compagnions, so they would become "familiars" to some partymembers for the remaining Act I at least on the surface
° a way to pacify the Harpys and make them useful for something? ( even though they have low intelligence grin )
° tell Ethel she is sexy ( Lmao xD )

and far far more in the future

° to have patron's & deitys play a much bigger role for Warlocks & the faithful classes

I find it pretty nice for example that Wyll is practically an OP Warlock even though his abilitys do not reflect it.
But his patreon, Misora I assume - is a pretty medium classes fiend/Devil and seems to aid him even personally to some extend.
That is much more than just such a flying little "evil kid Devil" grin we can summon.

Makes me hope for something like summoning stronger beings as a custom made Warlock, possibly even your own patreon temporarily as well - who is also a Cambion or the like.
In general I find it very nice when there is a visual progress to the might of the spells one is focussing on.
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 09/08/21 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by KeinSklave
° maybe the possibility to enlist some members of the Flaming Fist as extra compagnions, so they would become "familiars" to some partymembers for the remaining Act I at least on the surface
Now when you mentioned them ...
I would really LOVE option to get at least one armor from either their corpses, or from their "future corpses" ( that were trying to unstuck those doors >:] ) .... and certainly i would love to being recognized as one of them, when i wear that armor. :3

Simmilar to druids, i would certainly not mind if they would drop (at least sometimes) what they were wearing ... including gloves, crowns (antlers? laugh ), etc. :P
Posted By: Maximuuus Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 09/08/21 01:39 PM
Ok so now that I finally tried patch 5... The gameplay has been really overhauled in patch 5. It's still far from being perfect IMO but it's way better than before.... so for patch 6 I'm waiting for new content.

I'd like for patch 6 :

- reactions
- D/N cycle
- new companions
- new items
- new quest / new area
- 1 or 2 new classes
- new spells
- a better UI
- no more chain
Posted By: Pupito Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 09/08/21 02:13 PM
How about flanking for advantage, something that is an optional rule for 5e (not the "I get advantage if I'm behind you" backstabbing BS from before, but proper 5e flanking option).
You mean that you should get Advantage on Meele attacks, when anyone else from your party is in meele range from that NPC?
That is certainly there, it was dicuised in "Patch 5 news" topic, since Larian removed "auto advantage when attacking from behind" but changed it with this. wink

No, I mean the way it should actually be implemented. You have to be on opposing sides of the enemy, directly across from each other with the enemy in between you if I remember the rules correctly. Not just "two party members anywhere on one enemy".
Posted By: ArvGuy Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 09/08/21 02:25 PM
@ Ragnarok

I'm not sure outright nerfing the encounters (or creating more risk, if you will) is really making things more tactical. It seems to me that it just makes it more likely that you'll avoid the hassle and grind it out on a stable footing, wait for the AI to take a "tactical" risk, and then blast the rafters or what have you. And I'm not sure that really would be an improvement. There's not a whole lot of tactics in trying to weather the storm and winning by attrition unless the AI does something silly that lets you speed things up. It's more passive and defensive, and having to rely on that all the time would probably be less satisfying than what we currently have. At least for some people.

In terms of shoving, I think it gets nerfed too far if enemies just go prone on position, as it would leave your position infiltrated. Your ranged characters probably need to move away to gain distance for shooting or use much weaker melee attacks. Essentially, you've lost control over the space and taking it back will mean a straight up fight, which is probably a tactical advantage for the AI. If we could do serious area denial effects to cordon off areas and maintain positional control that way then it would matter less. If tanks could focus aggro then it would matter less. But neither is possible at the moment. Generally speaking, what we have is a mild AI dislike of messy surfaces and the ability to shove enemies around a bit.

Rather than taking out our ability to move enemies (and their ability to move us), I'd rather see the AI starting to take cover, break direct LOS to make it harder to attack them from distance, and maybe even worry a little bit about ledges. Right now the AI will happily action surge double dash just to stand out in the open, right near a ledge. Next turn, misty step way up high and stand right near a ledge. It's like they're almost begging for a little nudge and it just wouldn't feel right to deny them.

In my admittedly limited experience, I am finding it very useful fairly regularly to hide most of the party and just have one character start a fight, giving me control over enemy aggro and largely directing their movement. They can't kill Mr Squishy when he's not in the fight, and then he'll have all the time in the world to join the fight at just the right time. I do not think this is entirely as it should be, but it is fairly reliable in keeping the party safe.
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 09/08/21 03:45 PM
I'm not sure outright nerfing the encounters (or creating more risk, if you will) is really making things more tactical.
Realy? O_o
Maybe i expressed myself poorly, but im a chess player (not so good one tho) and it allways seemed to me, that whole "tactic" approach is just concidering risks and potential gains from as many moves as you could ...
And pick the best.

As long as there is single approach that gives you all benefits, but none risk ... is there even space for talking about taktics? :-/

It seems to me that it just makes it more likely that you'll avoid the hassle and grind it out on a stable footing, wait for the AI to take a "tactical" risk, and then blast the rafters or what have you. And I'm not sure that really would be an improvement.
Well, not really ... that would be description of something that is curently happening. laugh
For examle in goblin's camp gate.

Anyway that was just example.
I just feels like there should be some "risk" that your adwantage will turn on you.
Like i dunno ... if you get knocked prone (by grease spell or bottle for example) on "raft" there should be small chance (for example if you roll nat 1 on saving throw) that you will fall down instead.

There's not a whole lot of tactics in trying to weather the storm and winning by attrition unless the AI does something silly that lets you speed things up. It's more passive and defensive, and having to rely on that all the time would probably be less satisfying than what we currently have. At least for some people.
I dont say its aplicable every time ...
For example in druid grove, Goblins dont have much other chances than simply charge as mindless maniacs ... especialy if you allready know the place and start it on the hill. laugh

In terms of shoving, I think it gets nerfed too far if enemies just go prone on position, as it would leave your position infiltrated. Your ranged characters probably need to move away to gain distance for shooting or use much weaker melee attacks. Essentially, you've lost control over the space and taking it back will mean a straight up fight, which is probably a tactical advantage for the AI. If we could do serious area denial effects to cordon off areas and maintain positional control that way then it would matter less. If tanks could focus aggro then it would matter less. But neither is possible at the moment. Generally speaking, what we have is a mild AI dislike of messy surfaces and the ability to shove enemies around a bit.
This is simply not right ... you forget that you still have Throw option ...
And i honestly believe that both Throw and Shove should be effective when used by High Str character only. O_o

It would also be appreciated if enemies could use them on us aswell ...

Rather than taking out our ability to move enemies (and their ability to move us), I'd rather see the AI starting to take cover, break direct LOS to make it harder to attack them from distance, and maybe even worry a little bit about ledges. Right now the AI will happily action surge double dash just to stand out in the open, right near a ledge. Next turn, misty step way up high and stand right near a ledge. It's like they're almost begging for a little nudge and it just wouldn't feel right to deny them.
Yeah, better AI is allways better. laugh
It have that in its name. laugh

In my admittedly limited experience, I am finding it very useful fairly regularly to hide most of the party and just have one character start a fight, giving me control over enemy aggro and largely directing their movement. They can't kill Mr Squishy when he's not in the fight, and then he'll have all the time in the world to join the fight at just the right time. I do not think this is entirely as it should be, but it is fairly reliable in keeping the party safe.
It depends on where Mr. Squishy is. smile
I use this tactics sometimes too ... and as long as "hidden" character is standing from the other side of building, or place ... pesonaly i find it acceptable. :P
Posted By: ArvGuy Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 09/08/21 04:34 PM
I reckon that there certainly are more tactics than just climbing onto a hill. You can spread out, you can rush in, you can kite. You can ambush. You can set up surfaces. You can have some fun with summoning spells. You can even block an entrance off with flaming sphere, if you feel so inclined. It's just that right now climbing up on the hill works and most of the others aren't remotely as effective. What I wouldn't want is that nothing feels "effective", to the point where we might as well just not bother and just rush into a grind to get it over with.

That said, I do agree that options shouldn't be guaranteed to work 100% of the time nor be completely safe, and I reckon that Larian is feeling that way too. Take the three ogres. Stand the wrong place and they'll kill the support beam, then you fall down. A whole bunch of enemies have things to throw at you. Those gobbos have a few AoE arrows.

These things just need to be taken a little bit further. Wouldn't it be sort of hilarious if at least some of the enemies knew that a grease bottle before a fire arrow meant boom? Wouldn't it be sort of hilarious if one had just found that sweet camping spot up high and then grease, fire, boom, and suddenly it's raining adventurers? Not every single encounter, but just once or twice, to keep it real.

As far as throw, I really don't think we should be able to do that against anyone or anything that isn't both light, small, and at a massive strength disadvantage. Laezel throwing a kobold is probably okay, but throwing around anything bigger or stronger should be a monk-only kung fu thing. I really don't think throw should be a solution to maintaining the integrity of your position.

And as for shove, the AI can absolutely do that against the player. First time I did the bandits at the temple, I came at them from up high, because of course, and then the dwarf rushed up like a madman and shoved Laezel down below. So she rushed all the way around and then the furry little bugger shoved my warlock down as well. Not the biggest fall, but I was not expecting it at all. I've seen a lot of other enemies do shoves since then, but they do not seem to focus on pushing towards a vertical drop the way a player would.
Posted By: Avallonkao Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 09/08/21 05:38 PM
I don't know if they will do it, but... bring the other companions? I'm pretty sure they'll show still on Act 1, and I'm really interested in meeting them. Other than that, maybe lvl 5 as well?
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 09/08/21 06:42 PM
As far as throw, I really don't think we should be able to do that against anyone or anything that isn't both light, small, and at a massive strength disadvantage. Laezel throwing a kobold is probably okay, but throwing around anything bigger or stronger should be a monk-only kung fu thing. I really don't think throw should be a solution to maintaining the integrity of your position.
Well, throw is actualy just matter of few first levels (if you ask me) ...
Once you reach 2 (or 3? not sure right now) you get many other interesting toys ... thunderwave, pushing attack, repeling blast ... and ofcourse, there still are arrows of roaring thunder, or void buld. smile

To put it simply ...
I just feel like the game provides more than enough ways to keep your raft clear while you are unleashing havoc. laugh ... So you can easily sacrifice shove. wink :P
Posted By: Judsonson Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 09/08/21 08:49 PM
As someone who's approximately a thousand percent more about story over combat, I do hope some scalable difficulty makes its way in sooner than later. It's been a year and I still can't say I enjoy the game all that much as I don't get far before the combat frustrates me into playing something else...
Posted By: Suzanne2020 Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 10/08/21 01:37 AM
Paladin. That is all.
Posted By: OneManArmy Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 10/08/21 01:40 AM
I hope in patch 6 Larian will make Minthara Great Again. (as before the fifth patch)
[Linked Image from pcinvasion.com]
Please don't hit me or so for writing this,

but i personally would love to see a possible "Release-Date" of the finished Game - > and be it in like 2024 or 2025 or later. biggrin [Linked Image]

Yes i am lazy and "IF" a "about-Release Date" is announced somewhere or someplace, i gloriously managed to miss it. [Linked Image from e.deviantart.net]
Posted By: sheffie01 Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 10/08/21 05:43 PM
Related to the comment above, forgive me if I change the topic of this discussion to... WHEN do you hope to see patch 6?

And the answer for that is yesterday. Looking forward to my 10-ish new playthroughs smile.
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 10/08/21 06:07 PM
Surely not sooner than by end of this month ...
More like the next one.
Posted By: Mercury4711 Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 10/08/21 07:22 PM
I hope for a couple of days before september 2nd, cause then i could play the patch and then switch to the new pathfinder game smile
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 10/08/21 08:31 PM
I would like to return to original topic for a while ...
And say that another thing i really, REALLY, and once more really hope in Patch 6 ... is casting in conversations.
Posted By: Nightstryker Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 11/08/21 01:57 PM
Optional Party Size increase.......4 is not enough for me.
Posted By: Chukkensorc Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 12/08/21 05:32 PM
+1

But really like +50. Overall I think they’re doing a fantastic job. Some rules need to be bent to allow for programming (limited summon choices, limited disguise self options, etc). Others are just…well “why the heck did you do that?”.
Posted By: Chukkensorc Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 13/08/21 12:34 AM
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I hope in patch 6 Larian will make Minthara Great Again. (as before the fifth patch)
Originally Posted by OneManArmy

You mean you SHOULDN’T be able to one shot her in the chasm by shooting out the support?!

+1 agree. Not for a boss/mini-boss.
Posted By: Saito Hikari Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 13/08/21 01:23 AM
I thought I've posted in this thread already. Apparently not.

Things I'd consider mandatory at this point:

- 1 additional companion. Our current companions are starting to feel rather old at this point, and I would actually be worried if we were to go seemingly a full year without a new one being introduced, because it will start to give off the impression that the later companions may be nowhere near as developed as the initial 5.
- 1 additional class. Same reasoning as the above.

I'd be thrilled if reactions and ready actions and stuff get implemented too, but I'd probably not expect them to be fully implemented until patch 7.
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 13/08/21 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by Chukkensorc
You mean you SHOULDN’T be able to one shot her in the chasm by shooting out the support?!

I believe you cannot anymore ...
But maybe i just aimed poorly. laugh
Posted By: Chukkensorc Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 13/08/21 10:07 PM

I believe you cannot anymore ...
But maybe i just aimed poorly. laugh

I just did it last night. I was streaming so the VOD is on YouTube (TTVCarlosSpicyWinner).
Posted By: Merlex Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 17/08/21 02:26 PM
1. A revamped Reaction System. I'd prefer popups, but if Larian is dead set against that; being able to set conditions for a Reaction Toggle to go off, and set a priority order would be better than nothing.
2. The Shield spell. The Abjurer needs some spells to recharge their Arcane Ward. Mage Armor lasts all day and Protection From Good or Evil is very circumstantial.
3. The School of Enchantment Wizard subclass. That way we have 3 of the 4 Wizard playstyles represented, Blasting- Gish- Battlefield Control (my personal favorite).
4. The Paladin class, with at least Oaths of Devotion and Vengeance. And Karlach as a companion.
5. Ritual Casting.
6. Dodge and the Ready Action.
7. Gnome as a playable Race.
8. Other new spells. Absorb Elements, Spiritual Weapon, Tasha's Hideous Laughter as a Wizard Spell (as it is in 5e). The Booming Blade and Green Flame Blade Cantrips. This will make playing an Eldritch Knight worth it.
9. A real Z Axis. The camera is annoying at best. And why can't I jump up? You want Verticality to be a major part of the game, then this is a must have. Though it could wait till a later patch.
10. Fix Inventory Management.
11. Versatile Spears, Quarterstaffs, and Tridents. I don't get this oversight, ever heard of Spartans?
12. More Battlemaster Maneuvers.
13. Pact of the Blade and Pact of the Tomb. This will give Warlocks some variety.

And of course it would be nice to see level 5!
Posted By: Mat22 Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 17/08/21 09:46 PM
My wishlist:

- revamped reactions
- ritual casting
- ready action
- dodge
- please extend/adjust mage hand's capabilities to be more like its tabletop (utility) version

I'm optimistic after patch 5, it brought great changes.
Posted By: Merlex Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 17/08/21 11:02 PM
Originally Posted by Mat22
My wishlist:

- revamped reactions
- ritual casting
- ready action
- dodge
- please extend/adjust mage hand's capabilities to be more like its tabletop (utility) version

I'm optimistic after patch 5, it brought great changes.

Doh! I knew I forgot something Ritual Casting, Dodge and the Ready Action. Ok fixed now.
Posted By: Avallonkao Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 18/08/21 12:33 AM
I hope to see my fps stable again. thank you.
"I would love to see advantage from high ground be replaced with "Combat Advantage" from 4e (a +2 to hit)."

I don't believe getting advantage from high ground is a core rule of 5e and it does feel slightly overpowered. However, on the flip side, I'm not against having disadvantage for having to shoot a ranged weapon at a foe who is significantly higher or in partial cover. The issue with partial/full cover however is I imagine that would be very difficult to code.

"I want disadvantage from low ground removed and for a Dodge action and free-action Prone to be added to the game."

While I disagree with the former, I love the idea of having a dodge action added as a full action and likewise having a free-action Prone added.

"True Reactions and better implementation of 5e's ruleset. (Patch 5 and PfH3 have me pumped to see what's coming for reactions in the future)."

Some may complain about "pacing" if you add in a reaction system similar to Solasta (with dialogue like windows popping up to ask if you would like to take the reaction), I believe this would bring more of the core dnd5e rules into play and allow for tactical use of reactions, especially based on the context of possibly able to take numerous different reactions types (e.g. Rogues Uncanny Dodge vs Opportunity Attack).

"In the same spirit as losing advantage from height (or maybe modifying it somehow?), would be nice for hide to become an action instead of a bonus action (except for rogues with cunning action :))."

I believe in the core dnd5e rules, hiding is an action where as rogues are able to use their cunning action to hide (giving rogues the distinct stealth advantage over other classes that are also stealthy such as rangers).

"Playable character Karlach." and "Halsin made a companion!"

If these two would be possible to recruit as companions, this would be phenomenal and hopefully be possible without adding too much intensive work for the developers!

"Speak with Animals not cost a spell slot"

I have to disagree with this one unless it's specific to ranger or druid and even then only either once (or however many times in core dnd5e rules) per short or long rest to promote balance.

"-include camp storage in camp supply for resting"

Great idea. Also significantly lowering the amounts of food, potions, magic items and more. From my personal experience with Dnd5e as well as the previous BG games, while magical items were plentiful, it was great that in the first few levels it was difficult and unlikely to acquire many magical items.

"-adjust times for saving throws against spells etc., some are rolled at the beginning of the enemy turn when they should be at the end, makes some spells almost useless"

Love it.

"The team increased from four to six members."

Simply not needed. Yes a large party can be fun but it's also largely unnecessary.

"the full death of barrelmancy. they're slowly killing it atm but the quicker they just put it down completely the better."

With the exception of the nautiloid tanks in the tutorial section, I think this would be great barring a few sections where and when it would be contextually logical for these barrels to be found. While there are no core 5e rules for things such as grease and fire reacting, these are, personally, logical and brilliant as long as they don't become the go to for "damage".

"Detect magic and identify so that I actually have to do something to learn how magic items work, instead of just finding something and instantly knowing it's magical and exactly what it does. And the ability to ready actions.- Remove the wizard class ability to learn every spell to the spellbook
Fix "Can't reach"
One-size-fits all...
I understand it, really I do, but the halfling taking the chainmail vest off the hill giant and - it fits perfectly... That sort of thing could be done better, perhaps
Shove as an action, not a bonus action.
Day and Night cycle to give more feeling of life to the game. As someone that rarely ever rests (I like maintaining as realistic a feel as possible with short and long rests), it would be great for the day night cycle to exist and not simply be “Oh, you’ve been awake for 5 days straight without resting but it never gets dark until you want to set up Camp. Convenient!”
2. The Shield spell. The Abjurer needs some spells to recharge their Arcane Ward. Mage Armor lasts all day and Protection From Good or Evil is very circumstantial.
11. Versatile Spears, Quarterstaffs, and Tridents. I don't get this oversight, ever heard of Spartans?
5. Ritual Casting."

Long post!
Posted By: Icelyn Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 18/08/21 03:01 AM
Originally Posted by Mat22
- ritual casting
+1
Posted By: fandoor Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 18/08/21 12:45 PM
- DLSS support.
- Resolution scale, rather than just adjusting the resolution.
This allows us to get sharp text and UI displays on a high resolution monitor, while being able to reduce the graphics rendering load for a smooth gaming experience.
Posted By: Avallonkao Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 18/08/21 12:56 PM
Ok, I want to see more scenes with the female companions, not those normal dialogues scenes that we start, but actual scenes.
Gale has the weave, and then a few more scenes to increase the feeling of the romantic path, Astarion has a lot, I got even bored with almost every long rest he had one waiting (and I was on his medium to neutral approval ffs). Wyll has a few as well. Lae'zel I don't think she ever had an actual with me tbh, and Shadowheart Only has one scene that is hidden and only accessible if you get a very specific long rest immediately after learning about the goblin Gult.
So, please, show the girls some love. Thank you.

The scenes I'm talking about are the ones that once you get a long rest you'll see a quest mark on the companion's head because they have something to talk to you, which will lead to a nice scene and all.
Posted By: KeinSklave Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 19/08/21 12:31 AM
Originally Posted by Saito Hikari
Things I'd consider mandatory at this point:

+ 1 additional companion. Our current companions are starting to feel rather old at this point, and I would actually be worried if we were to go seemingly a full year without a new one being introduced, because it will start to give off the impression that the later companions may be nowhere near as developed as the initial 5.
+ 1 additional class. Same reasoning as the above.

If the scenario is even remotely similar to Divinity Original Sin 2, than I fear that this just might be it. :-|
But as you suggested there could come more in the future.
I see favoured clichees used here in the opening/intro/tutorial of the game.
  • * We are transported into the game by a vehicle, some sort of ship most often
    * Or we flee together from the people who held us prisoner beforehand
    * During this acts we meet most if not all of our future compagnions
    * Only they have detailed, stylized storys written by the developers - on "maincharacter" level

Every other compagnion that might join the party way later is utmost temporarily!
Situationary and or like some sort of "Sellsword" and horribly shallow in depth compared to the rest.
But mainly I think biased probably due to Divinity Original Sin 2.
Where all the important characters were around you right from the start.

Anyways some forum users here already made their less obvious love targets known;
And asked for Kahga & Halsin to be added as possible interests.
I bet LarianStudios never intended for it before reading this! grin

And the "fated compagnions" are the most horrible choices for me personally.
As an irl man I am bound to check out the female characters. And what do I see? ^_^
* A bitter edgy sass knows it all
and
* a primitive, coldhearted & smug Barbarian

*sigh* grin
Yeah~ its another "Sebille situation". ^_^
That are the kind of people you only endure because they might get useful in a battle.
Posted By: Avallonkao Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 19/08/21 12:37 AM
Kahga as romance interest? Well, that's... ppl have all kinds of tastes it seems XD but that's the first time I read about it. As for Halsin, ppl are already making a fuss about it. But he at least would be a nice addition since those who choose the evil path have Minthara, some who follow the good path could very well get the bear.

I still would Like Alfira, because she's the nicest female character this game has shown so far in my opinion.
pls enable the duergar tag
i really like duergar.
Posted By: KingTiki Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 19/08/21 07:36 AM
Very important system changes:
- Reactions
- Ritual casting
- Ready an action
- "Special"-Actions done right (things like sneak attack, smite and some BM maneuvers)

Nice improvements:
- Improve the push action (let me choose push prone not push away)
- Grappling
- a better combat log (at least as an option): i think its annoying to have to hover over spell names and attacks to see my dice throws

Personal wish list:
- Xanathar and Tasha content being affirmed and some things also maybe included (like tashas custom lineages)
- Aasimar
- Hexblade, Forge Cleric

What I don't want: more story. I wanna test the EA to help make the game better, but I still wanna enjoy the full release without having played half the story already.

I also get that people want to play new classes, but I dont understand the worries that classes would be hard to implement. Some modders already done great work with that with limited ressources. As long as the 5e *systems* are implemented right I have no worries about classes down the line.
Posted By: NemethR Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 19/08/21 11:42 AM
- Less need for jumping around (Not gonna happen)
- Backstab to return (but in a more reasonable way.)
- 1 more class, or 1 more follower to explore.
- A new zone maybe?
Posted By: KeinSklave Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 19/08/21 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by Avallonkao
Kahga as romance interest? Well, that's... ppl have all kinds of tastes it seems XD but that's the first time I read about it. As for Halsin, ppl are already making a fuss about it. But he at least would be a nice addition since those who choose the evil path have Minthara, some who follow the good path could very well get the bear.

I still would Like Alfira, because she's the nicest female character this game has shown so far in my opinion.

HAHA~ yeah thought the same with Kahga.
She is embodying a lot of things that just repell me. But she has what many people of certain fantasy game circles seek!
For Kahga is... well - an Elf. ^_^
Pointy ears + booba = some just want to idolize her.
I guess we all do to certain extends. Even I.
Pretty racist of course grin to want someone to be seen as good just because they are of a certain folk.
Surprised me though since Kahga does not show anything likeable for the longest of times.

ONLY BY SHEER COINCIDENCE and because the dice-gods did to me what they do, I actually saw the stuff happening during the victory night with the Tieflings.
But before I spoiler, ehem.
I could not safe the Girl at the entry to the camps centered cave and later on her parents poisoned Kahga.
And she was just laying there dying and I actually had the option to neutralize the poison and did it.

My plan was to do it only so that I could beat the living sh°° grin out of her in a fight, since I wanted to kill her by myself in a 'last direct encounter'.

AND THEN! WHAT HAPPENS?! (LoL)
SHE ACTUALLY IS SORRY and see's the errors of her ways and becomes relatable all of a sudden!!!
In the last encounter, at the last second, before I wanted to slice her in half, she shows emotions & remorse and thanks me for showing me that compassion still exists and stuff. grin
°hides sword behind my back°
" Oh o~h y-yeah, t-that was my plan all along Elven Lady! I am a gigantic ball fluffy ball of love & forgiveness. Thanks that you finally came around, ehe he he! "

Gods that was awkward. xD

♥ And Alfina yeah. She is so huggable. ♥
Posted By: Avallonkao Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 19/08/21 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by KeinSklave

HAHA~ yeah thought the same with Kahga.
She is embodying a lot of things that just repell me. But she has what many people of certain fantasy game circles seek!
For Kahga is... well - an Elf. ^_^
Pointy ears + booba = some just want to idolize her.
I guess we all do to certain extends. Even I.
Pretty racist of course grin to want someone to be seen as good just because they are of a certain folk.
Surprised me though since Kahga does not show anything likeable for the longest of times.

ONLY BY SHEER COINCIDENCE and because the dice-gods did to me what they do, I actually saw the stuff happening during the victory night with the Tieflings.
But before I spoiler, ehem.
I could not safe the Girl at the entry to the camps centered cave and later on her parents poisoned Kahga.
And she was just laying there dying and I actually had the option to neutralize the poison and did it.

My plan was to do it only so that I could beat the living sh°° grin out of her in a fight, since I wanted to kill her by myself in a 'last direct encounter'.

AND THEN! WHAT HAPPENS?! (LoL)
SHE ACTUALLY IS SORRY and see's the errors of her ways and becomes relatable all of a sudden!!!
In the last encounter, at the last second, before I wanted to slice her in half, she shows emotions & remorse and thanks me for showing me that compassion still exists and stuff. grin
°hides sword behind my back°
" Oh o~h y-yeah, t-that was my plan all along Elven Lady! I am a gigantic ball fluffy ball of love & forgiveness. Thanks that you finally came around, ehe he he! "

Gods that was awkward. xD

♥ And Alfina yeah. She is so huggable. ♥

Wow, that bit about Kahga is new to me. Since I never failed to save the girl, at least until now it's the only thing the dices still didn't fail me. This game really has so much stuff I didn't see or probably never will, makes me wonder what more will have when it's complete. wow.
As for the Elven+Booba, haha, I love elves too, but no, I still don't I like her at all, she is just... so ugly. She, Minthara are the complete opposite of what I'd expect of an attractive elf/drow, just my personal opinion, ofc.
And yes, I want to Cuddle Alfira and keep her safe from all evil.
Posted By: lilaque Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 20/08/21 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by Starblaireau
- [Character creation] Possibility to create his own party of 4 characters in single player mode without using the multiplayer trick which does not work anymore anyway.
Multiplayer trick still works! I just did it the other day
Posted By: Tuco Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 20/08/21 06:31 PM
Wow, that bit about Kahga is new to me. Since I never failed to save the girl, at least until now it's the only thing the dices still didn't fail me. This game really has so much stuff I didn't see or probably never will, makes me wonder what more will have when it's complete. wow.
As for the Elven+Booba, haha, I love elves too, but no, I still don't I like her at all, she is just... so ugly. She, Minthara are the complete opposite of what I'd expect of an attractive elf/drow, just my personal opinion, ofc.
And yes, I want to Cuddle Alfira and keep her safe from all evil.
For all the shit I give to this game from time to time for its most questionable design decisions and poor mechanics, I think people should give it way more credit for its reactivity.

There's a whole bunch of FRINGE scenarios that you could hardly even imagine could work and the game actually surprises you taking the variable into account.

Minor examples:

I could go on, but you got the idea.

(Honestly half of this Youtube channels seems to be dedicated to collecting small clips like this one. Not sure if it's someone posting here because I don't recognize the user name).

EDIT - Oh shit, i forgot this forum defaults to the GIANT auto-embed for every video.
Posted By: Pedro J. Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 22/08/21 01:43 PM
Support for steam -stadia crossplatform multiplayer in beta, I want to multiplay with my friends, it was a nasty discovery.
Posted By: Merlex Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 22/08/21 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by lilaque
Originally Posted by Starblaireau
Multiplayer trick still works! I just did it the other day

I've actually have started 3 playthroughs in the last week, using the multiplayer trick. Absolutely still works.
Posted By: Chukkensorc Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 22/08/21 09:30 PM
I’d love to Sorcerer with a twist like they did to Ranger. Sorcerers should be able to cast more spells than Wizards. They’ve been that way forever (excluding 4E case I didn’t play it lol). Wizards don’t have a cap to the amount of spells known, just preparation and spell slots. Sorcerers have far fewer spells known without the need to prepare and with more spell slots. The 5E nerf train slammed the class hard.
Posted By: Starblaireau Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 24/08/21 12:09 PM
@ Merlex & lilaque

[Edit] Option Friends Only blocks the mechanism. Issue solved smile
Posted By: dragonuff Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 25/08/21 07:46 PM
i would like to see sorcerer or paladin love trying out builds for diffrent classes and roleplaying them
Posted By: Black_Elk Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 25/08/21 08:16 PM
A Savegame Preview at the load screen (show us the party specs, or something other than just a screenshot from a helicopter in the sky)

Font Scaling

Select PC "colors" from the Char Sheet

More than 4 voices for the MC at char creation

Import/Export Character

A better "party movement mechanic"

Controller Support for PC players

New Splash Screens and banner art

A Party of 6 and divided XP (6 for patch 6! has a nice ring hehe)

A Dev who posts here sometimes? lol
Posted By: Jekasha Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 25/08/21 10:22 PM
A new class (or subclass, even) would be sweet, maybe even a new race.

I'd love to have a new companion as well and more scenes with some of the companions who did not have dialogue added in like Astarion did (and might I just say, I LOVE the new dialogue scenes added for him).

I won't go into too much detail here, but I did post about how the way sneak attack works seems inconsistent so I'd like to see this much more polished in a way that makes sense.
Posted By: Sozz Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 26/08/21 01:25 AM
A way to put saves from different runs/characters together without creating a whole new profile would be nice
Posted By: psykka Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 27/08/21 07:15 AM
I'd love to see 3e Psionics implementation. It's one of the few areas of D&D (along with Oriental Adventures, maybe) that has never received their due recognition via implementation in an official core game.
Posted By: Merlex Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 27/08/21 08:11 AM
I’d love to Sorcerer with a twist like they did to Ranger. Sorcerers should be able to cast more spells than Wizards. They’ve been that way forever (excluding 4E case I didn’t play it lol). Wizards don’t have a cap to the amount of spells known, just preparation and spell slots. Sorcerers have far fewer spells known without the need to prepare and with more spell slots. The 5E nerf train slammed the class hard.

I understand where you are coming from, but I strongly disagree. Sorcerers get Metamagic. That makes their spells more powerful, and they don't need to memorized nor carry a spellbook around. They get fewer spells, but they specialize in those spells. As far as being the other way "forever", only 3e and 3.5. Sorcerers were not official content until then. I started with Basic and Expert, then moved on to AD&D then 2e, they weren't there.

Now if something needs a homebrew upgrade, I'd say it's Monk. They are by far the weakest base class in 5e.
Posted By: Khivar Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 27/08/21 09:55 AM
I drew several answers that I found interesting :

- All players able to participate in conversations in multiplayer
- Speak with Animals not cost a spell slot
- hide-able minimap
- more crafting
- more weapon
- more armor
- add cape equipment
- more lore books
- remove fast travel anywhere and require you to be at a portal to use them
- add more spells
- new companion
- new customization options (tattoo, scar, hairdressing, face ...)
- one button to send all food to the camp
- add more possibility to alchemy
- fix the MAGE HAND LEGERDEMAIN from arcane trickster
- fix : the companions leave the field of the camera when moving and we do not see the subtitles when they talk. problematic for non-English people.
- No exchange of items between characters if they are too far or worst, in a different zone
- Possibility to create his own party of 4 characters in single player mode without using the multiplayer trick which does not work anymore anyway.
- A day simulator to change the luminosity as the day passes. Same for the night.
- A random weather system (with impact on the battlefield)
- improve the multiplayer system. (addition of the chat)
- distinguish between multiplayer games where you can create a character and a game where you take control of an existing character
- save all conf for all profil (each time i create a profil, i need to configure my keyboard ...)

fix bug, fix bug, fix bug.
Posted By: timebean Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 27/08/21 09:56 AM
Responding to Merlex:

Yup. Less spells but metamagic to make casting those spells more dynamic. That is how it should stay. They are not wizards.

I hope Larian does not try to homebrew the Sorcerer class. I have been patiently waiting for that class in particular to see how they play in the game!
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 27/08/21 12:31 PM
Im not sure if anyone (myself included) mentioned it previously ... and im too lazy to check all 5 pages ... so i just say it (potentialy again).

- Option to choose our starting gear in character creation.
(Also, option to wear Githyanki armor for Githyanki character would be most appreciated ... and if im allowed to dream wild for a second, some "typical armor" for every race would be really cool!)
- Option to choose also Boots, Gloves and Headgear ... statless, but visualy fitting to rest of our outfit.
(It pains my heart that every single druid in game have those beautifull leafy gloves ... but mine cannot. laugh )
- Give "older classes" (especialy Rogue, Ranger and Wizard) actualy their own (read as: class-themed) armor, just like Druid have ... instead just generic stuff wich we loot from first corpse. :-/

Originally Posted by Merlex
Now if something needs a homebrew upgrade, I'd say it's Monk. They are by far the weakest base class in 5e.
Im actualy really interested about Monk implementation ...
Especialy i wonder how Larian plan to weight out the fact, that they will often have no weapon to dip. O_o
Posted By: Avallonkao Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 27/08/21 12:48 PM
Im not sure if anyone (myself included) mentioned it previously ... and im too lazy to check all 5 pages ... so i just say it (potentialy again).

- Option to choose our starting gear in character creation.
(Also, option to wear Githyanki armor for Githyanki character would be most appreciated ... and if im allowed to dream wild for a second, some "typical armor" for every race would be really cool!)
- Option to choose also Boots, Gloves and Headgear ... statless, but visualy fitting to rest of our outfit.
(It pains my heart that every single druid in game have those beautifull leafy gloves ... but mine cannot. laugh )
- Give "older classes" (especialy Rogue, Ranger and Wizard) actualy their own (read as: class-themed) armor, just like Druid have ... instead just generic stuff wich we loot from first corpse. :-/

Originally Posted by Merlex
Im actualy really interested about Monk implementation ...
Especialy i wonder how Larian plan to weight out the fact, that they will often have no weapon to dip. O_o

just dip their own fists. then they'll be firefist fighters... ok, I'll see myself out.

But for Monk I hope they create unique animation for hand to hand, DOS2 had an amazing hand-to-hand combat animation and for every different race too. Just didn't have the Class itself. Hopefully they'll bring it to this game as well together with Monk
Since Patch 6 is said to be heavy on the content I wouldn't mind seeing the other companions, seriously. And that they change Astarion encounter based on fans feedback. And ofc new classes, I mean, c'mon even mods already unlocked some of them, and they even have unique dialogues with voice acting and all.
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 27/08/21 12:53 PM
just dip their own fists. then they'll be firefist fighters... ok, I'll see myself out.
Yes, that was one of options in other threats i mentioned this questions ...
I believe my Monk will be named: Gummy Bear laugh
Posted By: Avallonkao Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 27/08/21 01:03 PM
Yes, that was one of options in other threats i mentioned this questions ...
I believe my Monk will be named: Gummy Bear laugh

hahha OMG, that movie, the nostalgia, and now I need this when Monk is out even if I have to mod it myself.
Posted By: capfoxtrot Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 27/08/21 09:12 PM
More character customization options
Posted By: Van'tal Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 27/08/21 10:12 PM
Act 2.

I would love to see them finish all the classes that will be available at launch.

Then I would love to see the remaining companions and custom companions (hirelings if you will...so I can make my own party). P.S. If they are snarky and rude like the female companions...then a mute button plz.
If they excessively Emo, like the buzzkill "cry in my beer" Tiefling bard...yes plz on the mute.

Then, once they have all the story elements in place...finish the story.

Yes..I second on your desire to see more content.
Posted By: Avallonkao Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 27/08/21 10:46 PM
Originally Posted by Van'tal
Act 2.

I would love to see them finish all the classes that will be available at launch.

Then I would love to see the remaining companions and custom companions (hirelings if you will...so I can make my own party). P.S. If they are snarky and rude like the female companions...then a mute button plz.
If they excessively Emo, like the buzzkill "cry in my beer" Tiefling bard...yes plz on the mute.

So basically you want a mute companion that has absolutely no personality and never talks. And will follow you around. Well, at least they'll add the mercenary options.
Posted By: Aazo Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 28/08/21 04:31 AM
Originally Posted by psykka
I'd love to see 3e Psionics implementation. It's one of the few areas of D&D (along with Oriental Adventures, maybe) that has never received their due recognition via implementation in an official core game.

I so agree on this, but sadly they are advertising 5e ruleset, so we are missing some of the really cool stuff from earlier rule-sets (my fav was 3e).
Posted By: fallenj Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 28/08/21 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by Van'tal
Act 2.

So basically you want a mute companion that has absolutely no personality and never talks. And will follow you around. Well, at least they'll add the mercenary options.

They already have this right now, make mutliple characters and the additional characters just do that.
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 28/08/21 06:59 PM
Didnt try on patch 5 ...
But someone said here on forum that is no longer possible ... dunno, just passing on. laugh
Posted By: Uncaged119 Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 30/08/21 04:10 AM
I would like to see the whole party involved in the dialog scenes. When I picked up the book of the dead gods in the first dungeon, I wanted to ask my wizard to disrupt the rune locking the book (arcana check), my cleric to make sense of what was written (religion check).
Dnd is about having a balanced party to be able to accomplish any task thrown at you, including figuring things out! If I have a wizard who would surely know more about magic than my character, I should be able to call upon his knowledge is dialog!
Posted By: Crimson_Sin Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 30/08/21 03:24 PM
In Patch 6, I would like to see some changes. I'd like to say that I LOVE this game but I do see some issues.
-The Level Cap. While I do understand why there is a level cap, I think it should be move. My issue is not that I am not powerful enough to kill stuff. My issue is that we get about half of the xp that can be obtained in Act 1. I don't play modded and yet I can be max level before I finish the Goblin Camp, before I venture up to Wakeens Rest, before I go to the Underdark and I never actually kill the gith patrol. They gave us all this possible xp but only allow us to have half of it. I'd like to see that moved a bit to the right, maybe level 5 or 6. Only because it's already possible to achieve that in the portion of the game released without adding anything.
-The Cleric Class. I would like to see some effect of worshiping certain deities. If I choose to worship the God of Murder, I'd like to see some effect on the type of Cleric I am. Running around healing things, sneaking or burning things with sacred flame seems off. Or if I worship that one deity (I'm sorry I can't remember the names but these are the 3 evel deities in an alliance) who is a Necromancer turned God. I'd like to see some Deity specific blessing or something. On that note...
-More Cleric Subclasses to better fit some of the paths followers of certain deities would take. Like Clerics who worship Mystra would get a proficiency in Arcane or something and those who worship Selune would get that one moon ability that would last for 10 turns and burn everything that enters with moon beam holy fire. I think that spell is something currently available to the Druid class.
-The Gith Patrol: The one issue I have with the Gith patrol is if you persuade Lae-Zel to play along, you roll a persuasion die, but you must also pass a deception check to see if it works. Maybe it's Lae-Zel rolling a deception die, but I'd like to see it. Our buffs like Bless should count towards that.
-Potential Quests: I'd like to see a few side quests. I can only think of 2 that I have seen thus far but I'm sure there are others. In the Druid camp, you meet a blacksmith who says he has something similar to steel. You hear him say in passing that he wants better tools and he would be able to make better weapons if he had proper tools. We find tools such as hammers and such everywhere, but there is never an option to give them to him. We even find an old abandoned blacksmith workshop in the blighted village but can't give anything to him. We also find a chef in the Druid Camp who says in passing that she wants salt and would be willing to trade anything for it to improve the thing she is making. I have not found salt in the game, but it would be great if there were side quests to help these people out that would improve the gear you can buy from the blacksmith and the food you get from the chef.
-NPC interrelationships. I love that if you don't romance Lae-Zel or Wyll, they share the afterparty night together. I love that Wyll tries to romance Shadowheart but she says that she has no intention of playing second fiddle to Lae-Zel. As far as I can tell, this is the extent of the NPC relationships that don't involve the player. I'd love to see more of this. Maybe not in Patch 6. That might be something that has to wait for the release of the full game. But I would love to see the relationship of the companions change depending on how they interact with each other, which will depend on how the player character plays. I can see so much potential with Astarion and Gale.
I love this game. I've logged over 250 hours and plan to pay so much more while exploring different playthroughs. Larian is doing such a great job! I cannot wait to see what the full game will be like.
Posted By: Malrith Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 11/09/21 09:04 PM
- Bard class! With fav instruments to chose from during character creation
- No more chain system for the party management/splitting
- More story content for Lae'zel like we got for Shadowheart in patch 5
- Fix the glitchy ladders
- more clothes for wizards! Hats too! We're stuck with the same ugly robe in different colors
- flesh out Familiars a little bit and add a little more variety. Maybe add some fey spirits or eldritch stuff to complement the Great Old One spec for the warlock. Maybe add unique familiars that can be obtained through quests/by finding scrolls. Heck, even the ability to call Scratch and the owlbear cub in battle would be cool.
- Karlach..?
I'll be honest, i'd love a part before the intro where you are just a person with a bag of gold and need to buy you're gear from like baldurs gate or one of the surrounding towns perhaps? (whatever that may be) before getting snatched by the mind flayers (definitely not a patch 6 thing though)

Paladin class feels like it's wanted by a lot of people including me

Customisable starting armour (even if it's three styles) would be nice to have a unique look even if it's only slightly different

Favoured colour (like above being able to choose the colour of you're tabard/clothes and potentially pattern)

more "unique" type weapons

shorter longsword handle (it looks like a small greatsword at times which can be off-puting when using it with a shield to me)

Origin characters or even one of them becomes playable (unless it would spoil anything down the line)
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 12/09/21 06:50 AM
Originally Posted by Haggis Warrior
shorter longsword handle (it looks like a small greatsword at times which can be off-puting when using it with a shield to me)
Many weapons could use a little shortening of hilts ... or whole model in general. laugh

But thanks for noticing this, another thing i want to see in patch 6: Visible shield when sheated!!!
I really hate as it keep dissapearing. frown Honestly i would probably not even mind it both set of weapons were visible all the time. O_o
Posted By: Maximuuus Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 12/09/21 07:34 AM
Magic system reworked :
- more spells
- proper spell list
- proper reactions
- everyone can't use (every) scrolls

Action rework :
- shove as an action + distance reduced
- hide as an action
- massive rework of dipping (or dipping removed)
- remove advantage/disadvantage from highground

- non-origin companions (=\=mercenaries)
- 1 new class
- day/night cycle
- party of 5
- better itemization (more normal items, less wtf magical items, less OP consummables, no more surfaces arrows, +1 arrows,...)
Posted By: Paliphany Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 12/09/21 02:01 PM
Background:
3 play throughs going back to first available day (First two did not fully complete the underdark) Last play through every pixel on all maps visible.
Steam Hours: 350.2 hours - Each play through appx 100 hours.
v. 4.1.1.1233832

Listed in order but not inclusive:
- Fix 'sticky'/unclosed objects when moving things in/out of of container and inventory. ESPECIALLY in the main camp. Causes innumerable crashes.
- Fix ladder/vine climbing issues.
- DO NOT REMOVE HIEGHT ADVANTAGE! (Seriously what's a sneaky sniper without it?)
- Fix Haslam join issues. This playthrough I got him to join and stay with the team in Camp, but there wasn't any dialog for him to travel in the frontline. Likely because I killed the goblin leaders before exploring The Grove with the exception of utilizing Arron - Which by the way, Thank you for reducing and eliminating much of Arron's annoyingly redundant dialog!
Related: If you kill the goblin leadership prior to exploring The Grove and directly rescuing Haslam, the fight to rescue him should still remain for his storyline continuity. It's a great battle I was disappointed to have inadvertently skipped with my assassination run. The guards in the powrder keg room remain, as well as the guards along the main entrance, why not Haslim's keepers?
- Fix Quicksave/Reload - Had to do entire playthrough with full save/reloads
- Enable ability to make notes or at least change the game save name. I can see facilities for notes were already created but they are not enabled. That would allow me to eliminate half a billion saves
- Add a non-evil PLEASANT female as a player character - Afira would be an awesome romance-able bard choice!!! More of her singning cinematics (around campfire) would be nice.
- Put the switch back in the Underdark Fortress by the skeleton to turn off beams. (Tried room reload in Vulcan and Directx - Me thinks you got rid of it
- Make the holy font in the Underdark Fortress do something. Placing the statue of Selune visually fits - That and reading the Selune prayer sheet could possibly turn off beam? Other choices should have negative affects. Obviously Shadowhearts approval/disapproval would be affected.

It's coming along well! I just wish I could export my characters and feel better about them surviving post early release intact. Though, if Afira was made playable, I'd have to do another playthrough <3

Ultimately I'd like to go into full release with Haslim, Afira, and Gale - Think I'll do the whole Dragon Age trilogy again and see where BG3 is at after words.
Posted By: Tuco Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 15/09/21 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by Paliphany
- DO NOT REMOVE HIEGHT ADVANTAGE! (Seriously what's a sneaky sniper without it?)
Fighting words.
Blacklisted instantly.

I was wondering if "two months and half from the last patch" still qualifies as a " coming sooner than you think".
In fact at this point I wonder what Swen thought we were thinking of, exactly.
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 15/09/21 12:34 PM
There was few people on forum that predicted that every next patch take aproximately few (2-4) weeks more than last one ...
So, since we waited around 5 months to Patch 5 ... some people around here claimed that patch 6 will take 6 or maybe even 7 months. :P

Personaly i kinda hope we get some anouncement til end of *this* month. frown
Posted By: Tuco Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 15/09/21 12:41 PM
Jokes aside I'm sort of expecting to see an update by the beginning of October, matching the "anniversary" for a full year of EA.
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 15/09/21 01:03 PM
I allways thought that on that "anniversary" we would have all classes out. O_o
Until you mentioned it i didnt even realize how close it is. laugh
Posted By: DragonSnooz Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 15/09/21 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by Paliphany
Fighting words.
Blacklisted instantly.

I was wondering if "two months and half from the last patch" still qualifies as a " coming sooner than you think".
I've written several posts about how Height Advantage dominates other strategies in the game. I didn't realize that is so potent players wouldn't realize that they get Advantage when attacking from stealth.
The sneaky sniper only needs to crouch/hide to get Advantage on their attack.

Personally I've been thinking week 1 December for Patch 6.
Posted By: Maximuuus Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 15/09/21 11:14 PM
What's a sneaky sniper without height advantage ?
A sniper that has an advantage ...!

Seriously just learn how the game works before coming with big red non sense sentences.

Highground advantage/ lowground disadvantage is one of the things that makes combats so repetitive, cheap if we're talking about strategy and so boring when you play a melee character.
Posted By: timebean Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 16/09/21 12:02 AM
I hope patch 6 happens soon. And I hope there are new classes more than anything else. I likely won’t replay until there is.

I also hope with all my heart that Alfira never shows up again in the game. I am sorry, but ‘crying bard that sings’ is not my idea of a fun character. I had Leliana in DAO and Dandelion’s chic in TW3. Both had way better singing moments, and more interesting stories that actually added something to the game. Adding Alfira would be utterly pointless.

Perhaps I am just tired of singing gals with lutes. I admit my grumpiness on this topic, but the love for Alfira (and Halsin and Minthara) is simply beyond me.

Hells, if they were going to add a recruitable companion from folks we met, I would vote for Sazza or even the bloke from the windmill before Alfira.
Posted By: Talislee Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 16/09/21 01:13 AM
What I like to see in Patch 6....

1) Rescale and/or redesign the weapons. Majority of the weapons appear to be the same size. IE, the longsword and greatsword are barely indistinguishable from one another. Another example, the hand axe should be the size of a hatchet. And the daggers. Can we talk about those? They do not exist. Every dagger in the game thus far look more like knives. If I recall correctly, daggers are double edged where as knives of this period are only single edged. And all the "daggers" I have seen in the game thus far are single edged. So, again, the weapons of this game needs some serious modifications and repairs.

2) I would love to see more freedom in character creation. A lot more options if you will, please. IE, the ability to choose our starting gear based on class and background like in the PHB. The ability to dictate where our weapons are sheathed. For example, longswords/shortswords/rapiers/hand axes/maces/etc can be worn at the hip too, not just the back. And for the love of all that is holy and unholy, take the extra time to create sheaths for the swords and daggers, please. The ability to choose our own color scheme for our clothing and gear. Add cloaks to gear options. More tattoo options to choose from and not just for the face. There is such a thing as body tattoos too, ya know. And I would love to see you all bring back the dice rolling options for stats like in BG 1 & 2.

3) The cinematics are in dire need of fixin. For example, The cut scene where you speak with the hobgoblin and his Mindflayer friend in the underdark. Before patch 5, it was working well. After patch 5, it is not working at all. A bit of repair/polishing of all the cut scenes are in order.

4) I'm not fully expecting this in patch 6 as this could be a huge giant undertaking, but can we have the option of modifying the origin characters a bit? Like changing their sex, color schemes, hair styles, and starting gear just to name a few. Cause I seriously hate Astarion's and Lae'Zel's hair styles with a passion. And I would love to see what the opposite sex of the current companions be like.

5) In all my play throughs, I found that I could possibly achieve level 6 in Act 1. So I would love to see the level cap increased to lvl 6.

6) Wizards should not be able to learn divine spells through scrolls. According to 5e rules, it is not possible. Divine magic is way different than Arcane magic. Unless the divine spell is also available for the arcane. IE the Animate Dead spell. It is available for both the divine and the arcane. This is something that other players have brought up. As far as I am concerned, leave it be as I am loving it. But fare is fare.

7) Please drop the advantage/disadvantage due to having high/low ground. Just cause you have high ground, don't mean you have advantage over others. Unless you have the sun at your back that will blind those that try to look at you, high ground will only make you an easier target for range attacks. Especially during dusk and dawn as your silhouette will stand out more. And just cause you have low ground, don't mean you are at a disadvantage. Snipers love taking cover in low ground. Makes them nearly impossible to be seen. And they can use the high ground silhouette their enemies make to their advantage. I mean, snipers love high ground too but only if they have total concealment and/or cover. Therefore reducing their silhouette drastically to out right removing it completely. So again, remove the High Ground advantage and Low Ground Disadvantage please.

8) There are many bugs in the game that are needing fixed. For example, weapons not properly placed when being held at the ready. Bodies ragdolling uncontrollably long after being killed and then glitching. Interactive objects/ladders/vines/etc unable to be interacted with due to being out of reach for some odd reason. Inability to reach areas that are supposed to be accessible. Even with the jump action. Keep getting messages like "Out of Reach", "Too high", "Not enough space", etc.

9) Only rogues get to use the Stealth option as a bonus action due to their cunning skill. It's one of the abilities that makes the Rogues unique. Let's not take that away from them. So, make the stealth option use up an action for the rest of the classes. Leve it a bonus action only for the Rogues. Please and thank you.

10) I would love to see more subclass options for the current classes. For example, add more traditions for the wizards. Add more domains for the clerics. Add stuff out of "Tasha's Cauldron of Everything", IE the Psychic Warrior subclass for the fighter (Would be perfect for Lae' Zel).

11) I would love to see new playable races. IE the half-orc, gnome, goblin, human variant, asimar and even the custom race from "Tasha's Cauldron of Everything."

12) Maybe adding the Paladin, Barbarian, and Bard classes to the mix for us to toy around with.

13) And for the love of all that is holy and unholy, destroy barrelmancy for good. Seriously. Let it die the horrible death it so rightfully deserves. It's a bit OP. And besides, who in their right mind would leave barrels of explosive substances laying about just waiting for some jackass to hit them with fire? Even goblins are not that stupid. If they are part of the story arc, fine. But in random dungeons or in places where people eat/sleep/shit? Really? Those things would be placed in a storage room faaaaaaaaaaaaar from people's living domiciles. And even then, they would be in areas where they would be used say like, mining storages, construction storages, and even military storages. All though, these storage areas for explosives would still be faaaaaaaaar from civilization and domiciles for safety in order to prevent accidental exploding and death.

14) Can we have the ability to turn off the voice responses our characters make when we give them a command to do something. IE I point to a spot and click for my party to move to that spot. The character I am currently controlling makes a comment akin to, "Will I ever get a break?" It was annoying in BG 1 & 2 and it is just as annoying or more so in BG 3. So, again. Can we PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have the ability to turn that stupid thing off!?!?
Posted By: Zarna Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 16/09/21 03:01 AM
Originally Posted by Talislee
14) Can we have the ability to turn off the voice responses our characters make when we give them a command to do something. IE I point to a spot and click for my party to move to that spot. The character I am currently controlling makes a comment akin to, "Will I ever get a break?" It was annoying in BG 1 & 2 and it is just as annoying or more so in BG 3. So, again. Can we PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have the ability to turn that stupid thing off!?!?
Thankfully we can already turn that crap off. Go to Audio settings and set point and click frequency to never.
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 16/09/21 09:40 AM
As i read other people thoughts i realized how much i really hope we get some interesting new weapons ...
Whip would be certainly interesting ... aswell as flail ... honestly im nostly interested in their "special attacks". smile
But concidering how common gunpowder become in forgotten realms ... i wonder if there will be some Blunderbuss in this game ... i would love to recreate my Dwarf Hunter. :3

Originally Posted by timebean
Perhaps I am just tired of singing gals with lutes.
You and me both dear bean ...
But i on the contrary hope she will show up, and hope we will have option to torment her more than by just smashing her lute. :3
Posted By: Dr.Agon Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 17/09/21 08:03 PM
My list of wishes:

1.) Pay attention to the 5e rules (bugs are : e.g. casting a second spell per turn (with e.g. haste) / sneak attack 2times per round with haste / Mage can learn all existing spells / everybody can read all scrolls / while dual wielding you can use your
bonus attack before you perform your weapon attack / ...)

2.) No more throwing healing potions to somebody 10 meters away and he/she insta-sniff it with the mucous membrane and is instantly healed

3.) Long rest/short rest management. To implement camping supplies was a very good idea, but we have to much supplies in the world. At the moment you can nearly make a long rest after every fight (to the delight of all magicians)

4.) XP --- the leveling is too fast. Level 2 after the nautiloid, Level 3 when entering the druids grove and finally level 4 near the goblin camp or even before. I don`t want to be at Level 10/max and only half of the game is played. Gaining XP must
be harder and/or the XP for each levels must increase

5.) I don`t like the idea to send your heavy loot to your camp. If you want to sell it, you have to carry it, or leave it.

6.) Travelling with the waypoints should only be possible at one of this waypoints and not from everywhere

7.) Saving the game during combat? Not very challenging in my eyes. Maybe optional in an easy mode or so.
I doubt act 2 will happen in EA, but it’d be nice to see one of the other two paths currently blocked off fleshed out.
An act 1b has been datamined, I could see that being released eventually.

Fix some of the stuff patch 5 broke. Especially the ladders. That glitch in particular is quite grating.

Better UI elements.

Companions that don’t have tadpoles. I don’t mind the origin system as much as most but we shouldn’t be restricted to just the origin system. Kagha or Halsin would be ideal given Druid class is already implemented.

A new race. Maybe even a new class, but I’d love to see half-orc or Dragonborn implemented first.

Level 5.

Edit: I would also like to see more interactions between companions, and more interactions between more than one companion. Right now it feels a little too round robin for my taste. (For example, the camp scene where Gale talks about how they aren’t transforming. You can then go around talking to everyone, and they comment on what Gale said… it would be nice if they were somehow included in the original cutscene.)
Posted By: Pedro J. Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 19/09/21 07:57 PM
Loved the game so far, didn't play it in the last few months. I'll love to see in patch 6 or whenever it's possible:

1. Multiplayer compatibility steam - stadia. I bought the beta with the intention of playing it with my friends, one of them uses stadia (his pc is not so great), but we can't play with him. So this is big for me.

2. Act 2, the other 2 players already covered Act 1 maybe 2 or 3 times after patches, rerun it with different classes, etc. So it will be nice to se new content there.

About other comments:

- I also think granting advantage due to higher ground makes combats a bit repetitive, maybe it can still get the extra range & a bonus to attack ¿+1/+2 Instead of advantage?
Posted By: Faustus Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 20/09/21 09:32 AM
Bodysliders please. Its such a popular requested feature, please listen to the players.
Posted By: iolovi Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 20/09/21 11:30 AM
Examine Check to Objects / NPC / Monsters and relative Spell.
Posted By: GM4Him Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 20/09/21 11:35 AM
Better item management
Posted By: fperry2 Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 20/09/21 11:07 PM
Originally Posted by GM4Him
Better item management

+1 to this. Pathfinder's WotR right now is something I prefer, though I think there's still ways to improve it. If Larian can do something like WotR's inventory system while adding some more features, I think it would be really swell.

One thing I really wish for is a Search function in Inventory. It would make scoping out potions or scrolls much easier.
Posted By: Sam Z Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 05/10/21 11:05 AM
Paladin class, and our new Teifling companion. I'm a simple man.
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 05/10/21 11:18 AM
Do you believe Karlach is a Paladin? O_o
Posted By: Firesong Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 05/10/21 02:03 PM
* Character level 5
* Better QoL / less micromanagement
* Fewer 3D world bugs
* Fewer camera bugs
Posted By: Blave_Kaiser Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 05/10/21 08:10 PM
I know this is a fat chance, but how about a Dice Roll for Character Creation Stats like Solasta? So you can keep rolling for some Godly Starting Stats.
Posted By: Tuco Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 05/10/21 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by Blave_Kaiser
I know this is a fat chance, but how about a Dice Roll for Character Creation Stats like Solasta? So you can keep rolling for some Godly Starting Stats.
It's not "a fat chance" at all.
In fact it's an already-announced upcoming feature.

Personally I'm not a fan, because dice rolling for stats sucks unwashed asses, but still... Swen said it's coming. Eventually.
Posted By: Lunar Shower Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 06/10/21 02:59 AM
Originally Posted by Blave_Kaiser
It's not "a fat chance" at all.
In fact it's an already-announced upcoming feature.

Personally I'm not a fan, because dice rolling for stats sucks unwashed asses, but still... Swen said it's coming. Eventually.
It can be really fun if you actually stick to maybe the first few rolls or so, gives a bit more life to the characters in my opinion compared to tailor making them with a point buy system, though in general the latter is a far easier, and more straight forward system to use both for balance purposes and for getting what you want a bit more directly.
I want dice rolls, for sure!!! Also, variant human. And death domain cleric. And more feats. And ... various changes. And ... more stuff. I basically want. A lot.
Posted By: fallenj Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 08/10/21 04:22 AM
Pretty sure ranger pet is suppose to level up in some way even in 5e. Like to see that along with ranger class getting some of its unique features brought in and reduce the over used abilities spammed on all classes.
Posted By: Merlex Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 09/10/21 09:47 AM
Originally Posted by Sam Z
Paladin class, and our new Teifling companion. I'm a simple man.

Paladin, Karlach as a new companion, School of Enchantment, the Shield spell, and a revamped Reaction system are at the top of my list
Posted By: kanisatha Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 09/10/21 02:23 PM
I also strongly vote for the paladin class, one of my favorites to play. But along with that must also come a greater range of deities available in the game for both paladins and clerics.
Posted By: TheHero Re: What do you hope to see in Patch 6? - 09/10/21 04:23 PM
The perfect Userinterface using inventorymanagment with all options of moususing you can do likein the windows Epxlorer or like in Real Time Strategie Games.
Mass selection with mouse using selection boxes. Alot of more field wher to put in numbers by using keyboard.

A trulyy M/K Userinterface divide from a controller based interface. Even going so far that Inventor or other menu screens look totally different then a controller usable inventory.
This i wish for the full release.

AWAY WITH THEEE HOOORRRRIBLE COMPROMISE OF A STANDARDIZED USER INTERFACE OF M/K MIXED WITH CONTROLLER.

Im really fed up to see this trend of common ground in every game released for some years and making so many games a horrible user interface experience.

Developer and the Coders mostly dont want true M/K only and Controller ONLY Interfaces or a Choice between them because more work and more code.
More chances something can go wrong or exploited and so many more bad things which can happen.
And we even didnt talk yet about the costeffectviness.

But truly i hate it to have Interfaces slowed down bec. of controller adaptions.
frown CRY ;(

Alas, this wont ever come into patch#6 or ever into release version of Baldurs Gate 3. So many missed opportunities ;(
© Larian Studios forums