Larian Studios
Posted By: Arthur Hansen Skipping "Spoken" dialogue. - 04/12/21 05:51 AM
I think the most annoying thing about replaying through with a new character is that there is no 'skip' ahead option. You have to suffer through the very nice voice acting for the Nth time. I just want to be able to jump ahead to the pretty well worn choices and dialogue options, but (as far as I can tell) hitting the space bar immediately choose the first option.

Please for our sanity of replaying, make things easier to skip ahead.
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: Skipping "Spoken" dialogue. - 04/12/21 08:02 AM
I dont really mind it to be honest, since many conversations get updated between patches, so its not exactly the same ...

BUT!
If Larian would finaly allow us to skip by pressing spacebar, while the same spacebar would not pick conversation choices (as we keep requesting for last year and a while) ... i believe everyone should be happy. smile
Posted By: Wormerine Re: Skipping "Spoken" dialogue. - 04/12/21 09:48 PM
I would very much like for “space” to not be used for line selection. We have LMB and we have number. That’s enough. Let space do skipping only.
Posted By: UnknownEvil Re: Skipping "Spoken" dialogue. - 05/12/21 07:56 AM
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I dont really mind it to be honest, since many conversations get updated between patches, so its not exactly the same ...

BUT!
If Larian would finaly allow us to skip by pressing spacebar, while the same spacebar would not pick conversation choices (as we keep requesting for last year and a while) ... i believe everyone should be happy. smile

YES please!
Posted By: heuron Re: Skipping "Spoken" dialogue. - 07/12/21 02:28 AM
I'm just posting so that this thread gets more attention. I like this suggestion.
Posted By: Dexai Re: Skipping "Spoken" dialogue. - 07/12/21 01:50 PM
Yes, +1000
Posted By: TomReneth Re: Skipping "Spoken" dialogue. - 10/12/21 10:57 AM
Yes, please. It is really annoying to accidentally pick an option when skipping lines
Posted By: robertthebard Re: Skipping "Spoken" dialogue. - 10/12/21 12:15 PM
First of all, yes, and remove it from the space bar.

Second, this is exactly why I don't spend a lot of time playing around in the EA. I test some stuff, look at some stuff, and then put it away for a while, because if I don't, when the game releases, I'll be too burnt out to play.
Posted By: jfutral Re: Skipping "Spoken" dialogue. - 12/12/21 01:51 PM
That's a pretty clever, simple suggestion.
Posted By: UnknownEvil Re: Skipping "Spoken" dialogue. - 18/12/21 07:47 AM
Originally Posted by jfutral
That's a pretty clever, simple suggestion.

...and needs to stay on page one laugh

I would also like to skip by right mouse. That way i can keep playing one handed.
Posted By: rhecto1 Re: Skipping "Spoken" dialogue. - 20/12/21 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by Wormerine
I would very much like for “space” to not be used for line selection. We have LMB and we have number. That’s enough. Let space do skipping only.

100% agree. And generally being able to skip dialogue would be a huge QoL improvement.
© Larian Studios forums