Larian Studios
Posted By: GM4Him Flirting and other dialogue - 19/12/21 12:41 PM
By the way, I wanted to mention that I am quite pleased that they listened to feedback in regards to more flirting options and dialogue. I've noticed. It's a lot better than several patches ago. A lot better.

Thanks for listening, Larian.
Posted By: Topgoon Re: Flirting and other dialogue - 19/12/21 01:42 PM
Do you have any examples? I'm not much of an in-game flirter so I haven't noticed. Just more flirty dialogue before the romance scenes itself?
Posted By: GM4Him Re: Flirting and other dialogue - 19/12/21 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by Topgoon
Do you have any examples? I'm not much of an in-game flirter so I haven't noticed. Just more flirty dialogue before the romance scenes itself?

Yes. You used to have like no options at all. Just suddenly everyone wants to BE with you on that one night.

Example I just had was Astarion staring up at the stars. During the convo, several options to suggest that you'd like to get to know him more, enjoy his company, travel together even after it's all over.

I know Shadowheart has a few more now as well, and I even saw one with Lae'zel, getting to know her more with her discussion about the Tears of Selune. It's like 10 times better. I feel like I'm actually getting to know the characters more.
Posted By: Lady Avyna Re: Flirting and other dialogue - 19/12/21 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by GM4Him
Originally Posted by Topgoon

Yes. You used to have like no options at all. Just suddenly everyone wants to BE with you on that one night.

Example I just had was Astarion staring up at the stars. During the convo, several options to suggest that you'd like to get to know him more, enjoy his company, travel together even after it's all over.

I know Shadowheart has a few more now as well, and I even saw one with Lae'zel, getting to know her more with her discussion about the Tears of Selune. It's like 10 times better. I feel like I'm actually getting to know the characters more.

I like that too. It seems to be more noticeable with Shadowheart and Astarion. I'm sure we may have the same with the other characters but I like that Larian did this because it gives the characters more depth.
Posted By: Umbra Re: Flirting and other dialogue - 19/12/21 04:34 PM
Those aren't new scenes, they been around a good while. But, have they got easier to access?
It used to be you couldn't get the stars scene if you had recruited Shadowheart, and Lazy and Wyll both seem to have a lower prioity for their dialogues to appear. So if you are trying to get Gales dialogues, you can miss a lot from the others. Astarions post second dream scene also gets blocked, again by Shadowheart.
Posted By: AvatarOfSHODAN Re: Flirting and other dialogue - 20/12/21 04:27 PM
These scenes were always in the game yes.

To get Astarion's star gazing scene, you have to learn about the creche from Zorru.

For Lae'zel's star gazing scene, you have to do the same thing, but it's a bit buggy. If Astarion isn't recruited, you get slightly softer dialogue in the beginning and end of the scene. Otherwise you can talk to Lae after Astarion and you get much of the same dialogue. She doesn't have an exclamation mark over her head telling you that she has new dialogue. Sometimes you can get her scene the night after Astarion's but I prefer not recruiting him this early.

Camp often - like SUPER often. Like after every story beat and you'll get a million camp cutscenes often back to back.

I feel like if you don't see these scenes, you have no idea how much character these characters actually have.
Posted By: GM4Him Re: Flirting and other dialogue - 20/12/21 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by AvatarOfSHODAN
These scenes were always in the game yes.

To get Astarion's star gazing scene, you have to learn about the creche from Zorru.

For Lae'zel's star gazing scene, you have to do the same thing, but it's a bit buggy. If Astarion isn't recruited, you get slightly softer dialogue in the beginning and end of the scene. Otherwise you can talk to Lae after Astarion and you get much of the same dialogue. She doesn't have an exclamation mark over her head telling you that she has new dialogue. Sometimes you can get her scene the night after Astarion's but I prefer not recruiting him this early.

Camp often - like SUPER often. Like after every story beat and you'll get a million camp cutscenes often back to back.

I feel like if you don't see these scenes, you have no idea how much character these characters actually have.

Ah see? That's part of the issue. I camp infrequently, because it makes no sense to journey for 5 minutes and then take an entire 24 hours off and sleep just so I can get all the dialogue scenes in the game. Ugh! They really REALLY need to untie most of the dialogue from camp.

I get it if it makes sense, but 99.9% of the dialogue at camp doesn't NEED to be at camp during a long rest. They could be on the road, during a short rest, or take place during a long rest camp scene at any point in time instead of having them missed or skipped or locked out or whatever.

So, this post turned from, "Hey! Larian's listening," to, "Gosh dang darn it! They're still not really listening, are they? They still haven't untied the gosh darn dialogues from camp so we can get the dialogues without having to spam long rest constantly."

Sigh.
© Larian Studios forums