Larian Studios
The following question itself is a spoiler, as will any answers given. You've been warned!

Is the barbarian now the only class who can rescue Shadowheart from the Nautiloid without using the parasite? Even passing two separate arcana checks, the wizard/other casters are simply given the opportunity to just bypass the need for getting the key. There's no actual advantage since even using the rune requires a parasite wisdom roll to open the door. The barbarian can just pass a DC 10 strength check to pop it open, though. I'd like to be able to free her without using the parasite at all.

Am I missing anything?

Thank you
I believe the barbarian is the only one who can. If you can't free her, I believe she shows up on the beach anyway.
Yeah Barbarian is the only who can atm. I believe its meant to intro you better to the illithid system
Does the key in the chest no longer work? What I mean is:

Go to the next room. Loot the corpse - get key. Go back, open the chest on the table, get illithid tablet/key. Use to activate the console next to her prison.
Originally Posted by RBarbare
Does the key in the chest no longer work? What I mean is:

Go to the next room. Loot the corpse - get key. Go back, open the chest on the table, get illithid tablet/key. Use to activate the console next to her prison.

The key now just turns on the machine, but you must use the tadpole to activate it.
I believe its only barb. I kinda want it to just be a generic Athletics check, at the very least fighters should get a chance.
Originally Posted by N7Greenfire
I believe its only barb. I kinda want it to just be a generic Athletics check, at the very least fighters should get a chance.
Wonder if its supposed to be a nod to minsc and how he escapes irenicus dunegon
I really love this change.
It totally makes sense, that Illithid technology have to by controlled by psyonics. :3
© Larian Studios forums