Larian Studios
Posted By: Oldnight custom party lan method - 22/02/23 09:25 PM
so ive read somewhere that I can my whole party customized by opening 4 instances of the game, then using the lan to invite, then closing out the the instances im not on.

is this correct?

also

If i save the game, will it allow me to always play the game with the 4 characters I made?

ty
Posted By: Silver/ Re: custom party lan method - 23/02/23 03:21 AM
Yes, but be warned. The characters cannot be removed from the party.

Even having two total custom characters also locks companions out of ! reaction dialogues. Additionally, I've had all sorts of issues with +approval/disapproval not showing anymore (especially in camp dialogue).

It's great to test multiple classes at once, horrible for a story playthrough. At least, I find it more boring personally.
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: custom party lan method - 23/02/23 09:05 AM
In theory...
But my game surprisingly refuse to connect with itself. So i can only play with two Tavs ... one for dx11 and one for Vulcan
Posted By: The Red Queen Re: custom party lan method - 23/02/23 10:16 PM
Following this WolfheartFPS vid worked for me. At least so far. I’ve not run through the full game using this custom party workaround yet, though I’ve already noticed some of the niggles Silver mentions.
Posted By: Lotus Noctus Re: custom party lan method - 24/02/23 06:21 AM
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
Following this WolfheartFPS vid worked for me. At least so far. I’ve not run through the full game using this custom party workaround yet, though I’ve already noticed some of the niggles Silver mentions.

Yeah as the Green Queen postet. biggrin

Here is another link: https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=101069&Number=819535#Post819535 --> Just the link, the problem issue report is outdated.

I prefer to play with my own custom party. I don't know about standard companions, but with custom party companions you can go through many dialogues several times and always choose different answer options. (However, some initial dialogues are only possible once in total and not per custom character, hence always save before!)
© Larian Studios forums