Larian Studios
Posted By: nireous Giving NPCs to other Players? - 07/10/20 05:32 PM
Hi everyone, my boyfriend and I played some multiplayer last night. We got Lae'zel, and she automatically joined up with him, I presume because he's the "main" player in the game. We both wanted me to play her, but we couldn't figure out how to give her to me. He was able to remove her from his own control, but we couldn't figure out how to get her into my control.

I remember there was a rather convoluted way of doing it in DoS2. Does anyone know how to do it here?
Posted By: cruzarejo Re: Giving NPCs to other Players? - 18/10/20 11:27 PM
I've got kind of similar problem. I play on stadia.
I've played multiplayer creating a new file as well as joining other people. Creating my game seemed to be like playing alone; firs of all I created my character. When joining other people, I always appeared in some unknown character, maybe a ramdom NPC. I didn´t recognise it.
So, is it not possible to play your own customized character without beeing the host??
Is it impossible to play with friends, each of us with their customized character?

Should i hope an answer?? xd
Posted By: Newtinmpls Re: Giving NPCs to other Players? - 19/10/20 12:05 AM
The whole "giving NPCs" how we (my spouse and I) have made it work is got to camp/tell her to "meet us at camp", then once there have you recruit her.

We made that work, so fingers crossed for you.

Originally Posted by cruzarejo

So, is it not possible to play your own customized character without being the host??
Is it impossible to play with friends, each of us with their customized character?

In order to play with friends in multiplayer with "your own" character, you all have to be there for the creation of the campaign (i.e. everyone is creating or re-creating a new character).
© Larian Studios forums