Larian Studios
Posted By: DaddyJitsu Ability to give potion to a downed ally - 24/10/20 06:40 AM
I've noticed that a healing potion can NOT be administered to a fallen party member. This should be looked at as this is one of those things that can be done with either a successful medicine check or dexterity check in some cases.
+1
Posted By: Kamzor Re: Ability to give potion to a downed ally - 24/10/20 08:58 AM
Can't you throw it at him?
Posted By: FenrisC Re: Ability to give potion to a downed ally - 24/10/20 09:29 AM
Agreed, and it will also help resolve some quests a more convenient way, like the wounded druid in the small cave wich can ONLY be saved with a healing spell ; considering a cleric is not mandatory, and even less healing spells (and how "limited" spell slots are), I wish I could have had the NPC drink a potion instead...
That wounded druid in the cave I healed by throwing a potion near him....
Posted By: Nyanko Re: Ability to give potion to a downed ally - 24/10/20 09:22 PM
I think throwing the potion works. I didn't do it myself but I have seen some streamers doing it.
Posted By: LostSoul Re: Ability to give potion to a downed ally - 25/10/20 10:49 AM
Yes throwing near (not at) the person works
Posted By: FenrisC Re: Ability to give potion to a downed ally - 25/10/20 05:41 PM
Wow ok, glad to know that... Pretty much everything I tried to throw was either damaging or destroyed/broken on fall, except "non-destructible" stuff like mundane items and equippable stuff.

Since various glass containers (like vine and other bottles) did break upon throwing, I assumed doing the same with any potion would get same results.

Anyway, even that it's not very intuitive to begin with. There should have been a "use item" interaction on NPCs and scenery.

"Throw" feels very generic and as we demonstrated, not very consistent about expected outcomes... smirk

(As sidenote : personnaly when I inspect a barely living NPC and my character describes him as "inconscious/barely breathing", I logically conclude about inability of said NPC to use an item on his own... Throwing a potion near him should not had worked tbh).
I think the idea is the potion breaks and splashes on them. At least in my head.
© Larian Studios forums