Larian Studios
Posted By: fylimar Get rid of Astarions corpse - 28/11/21 08:48 AM
During the bite scene I opted for lashing out with my melee weapon - and instant killed Astarion. Now he is lying in my camp, can't be revived and just wouldn't vanish. I tried throwing him in the river with Lae'zel, but that doesn't work.
Did anyone find out a way to get rid of pescy corpses in the camp?
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: Get rid of Astarions corpse - 28/11/21 01:07 PM
Nope, i just shove them in the corner for corpses.
Posted By: Moriaena Re: Get rid of Astarions corpse - 28/11/21 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Nope, i just shove them in the corner for corpses.
Hahaha that's hilarious XD I'd at least shove them into the water...

That aside, does the body remain when you travel to other campsites? (Like the one used while in the underdark or while in a dungeon at the goblin camp, etc)

Is he considered in your party?

Does quitting the game and reloading help?

And by revive, I assume you have tried Withers?

If you're looking for where to put the body, there's a little alcove over a bridge that would be consistently out of the way...
Posted By: fylimar Re: Get rid of Astarions corpse - 28/11/21 09:06 PM
I have tried Withers. And yes, he is in every campsite. Luckily, he wasn't in my group, so he does not take up a group slot.
Maybe I will let Lae'zel shove him into the river.
Posted By: RagnarokCzD Re: Get rid of Astarions corpse - 29/11/21 08:31 AM
He dont take up a group slot ... if he is in your party, he is removed. wink

And yes, this seems to be permanent death ... no way to ressurect him (what would be the point anyway? you dont usualy kill someone just to revive him laugh )
Posted By: Niara Re: Get rid of Astarions corpse - 29/11/21 10:46 AM
I'm just so agitated that they didn't even bother to check the lore before doing this.... where, you know, in the Forgotten Realms, a wooden stake to the heart of an active and awake vampire spawn does jack all - it certainly doesn't kill them.
Posted By: fylimar Re: Get rid of Astarions corpse - 29/11/21 01:38 PM
I was kind of surprised tbh, that your little dagger attack kills Astarion. I mean most of you probably know, that I'm not a fan of that character, but my goal was originally to stop him from biting me. And I think, it's totally realistic, that you would grab a weapon to try and defend yourself, but Instant death was not my goal.
© Larian Studios forums