Larian Studios
Hi folks!

Okay, a few more things I've noticed...

1. Food is NOT supposed to heal anymore, but if you take the bowl of gruel in the Druid Grove, It can actually heal as well as provide camp supplies. (I've tried it.) Similarly, in the Goblin camp, the "roast dwarf" pieces of meat have a 4d4 healing buff showing in their description, while the other more conventional meat (pork belly, ribs, etc.) does not. (I have NOT tried that, and will not be. :hihi: )

2. When I first walk in on the scene between the caged goblin (Sazza?) and the Tiefling, I'm not getting any dialogue - I'm seeing the subtitles, but there's no audio. The audio picks up a bit further on. That has happened at a couple of other cut-scenes as well.

3. Auntie Ethel needs a really good chiropractor....I'd say about 75% of the time I first encounter her, she has her back to the party in the cut-scenes, with her head turned at what looks like a broken neck angle. :o

4. In Grymforge, I don't know if I've done something wrong, but I can't talk to the other Duergar after the initial landing. So I'm pretty much on my own when trying to confront Nere, and we get wiped out in about two rounds. (And that's just bloody annoying, you know. Either give me level 5, or enough bombs to level the place.)

REgards,

SKP
I can confirm #3 happens when you do skipping on the scene. If you don't skip anything at all she ends up facing the right direction. I never actually eat food. On #4 that happens to me when I fail to talk my way across in the boat confrontation but works normally when I pass the check.
Posted By: Niara Re: Possible Bugs: More Notes from the Game - 15/03/22 12:55 AM
The scene positioning is mainly an overarching bug that exists everywhere - Simply put, each dialogue line is paired with an in-scene animation track, and the way Larian have written their code, skipping the dialogue line just jumps the animation track as well - from exactly where is WAS. this means that if you skip dialogue lines, you are almost definitely going to end up with broken positioning and broken animations in your scene. It's a problem that has been written and designed into the very foundation of their engine for handling cinematics, and it's really poor design. The chances of them actually fixing this before release, given how deeply rooted it is, is very slim to virtually nothing.
Originally Posted by Niara
The scene positioning is mainly an overarching bug that exists everywhere - Simply put, each dialogue line is paired with an in-scene animation track, and the way Larian have written their code, skipping the dialogue line just jumps the animation track as well - from exactly where is WAS. this means that if you skip dialogue lines, you are almost definitely going to end up with broken positioning and broken animations in your scene. It's a problem that has been written and designed into the very foundation of their engine for handling cinematics, and it's really poor design. The chances of them actually fixing this before release, given how deeply rooted it is, is very slim to virtually nothing.

I have faith this will get fixed. They can't leave Exorcist head-twisting scenes in the game. That's beyond Bethesda levels of broken.
Posted By: Niara Re: Possible Bugs: More Notes from the Game - 15/03/22 06:21 AM
I hope you're right, but I no longer possess your level of faith.
© Larian Studios forums