Larian Studios
Hi all,

I noticed when I played last night that when you hover over an item that the vendor is selling, it compares it to the item being worn by whichever party member you interacted with the vendor with. However, when you double click on another character within the vendor / bartering screen, it doesn't change the inventory comparison. I think it should and that perhaps this is a bug. However, i could be wrong so i wanted to check if this was happening for anyone else.

For example
* I interact with the druid vendor with my fighter, and the amour on the vendor get compared to the fighter's worn armour - good
* Then I click on my cleric at the bottom of the screen to swap to her inventory within the selling/bartering window, but when I hover over an armour in the vendor screen, it still compares it to the fighter's armour.

Since this is a thread on vendor issues, I don't know if this is a bug or a design decision, but when I hover over vendor items it shows one price, but if I double click to try and buy it, the price suddenly increases. It's like the "hover over" is showing the price if I sold it to him, and I only get to know the real price (which doesn't seem to be a consistent multiple) by actually trying to buy it. Curious.
Same here. It's often more then double the listed price I 've notice and it doesn't matter who I use to sell item. Goes down maybe 100 if I use Shadowheart but still a huge difference. Design or bug?
I found this to happen also (leather armor +1 listed for 600g and charged 1500g) and I am pretty sure it is a design. IIRC in other BGs and divinity games (and elder scroll games now that I think about it) either your overall reputation (and/or alignment) or group rep would make the prices change. If you notice it does the same for items you are selling (i.e. lists one prices but sells for a much cheaper price). I am pretty confident in saying the price listed is the suggested price and what you actually buy/sell for is up to the vendor.
The raised price is a feature, the higher the charisma of the one trading the lower the price. example: magic greatsword at the grove smith, value 1000: my warlock charisma 17 pays it 2200, Lae zel pays it 2600. What i find a bug is that i get 2600 even if i start the trade with the warlock and even after selecting Lae zel i see the greatsword compared to my warlock dagger not to the weapon Lae zel is wearing, very annoying.

It would have been a lot better if prices were fixed by the charisma of the one starting the trade, to avoid the stupid workaround of giving him everything you want to sell before starting the trade, and the stats compared to the character possessing the item.
© Larian Studios forums