Larian Studios
Posted By: Smarticus Letter to Kagha - 10/10/20 10:02 PM
I can read the letter, send it to camp, but I can't put the letter in my inventory to see if it adds any conversations to Halsin at camp.
Posted By: Jake K Re: Letter to Kagha - 19/10/20 10:01 PM
I am also seeing this issue.
Posted By: Sharet Re: Letter to Kagha - 04/11/20 10:03 PM
Same
Posted By: Mornagest Re: Letter to Kagha - 07/11/20 02:04 PM
If you read the letter (even without taking it), you can then talk back to Kagha and ask her about the content of the letter (no spoiler). You'll see her reaction.

You have to do this BEFORE freeing Halsin. After, it has no effect.
Posted By: Schugger Re: Letter to Kagha - 07/11/20 03:50 PM
You should be able to rightclick on the letter in the tree and send it to camp. From there you should be able to take it into your inventory.
I have experianced the same problem on occassions with other loot which I wasn't able to pick up. It's just a workaround, but so you still can nick stuff wink
Posted By: Mornagest Re: Letter to Kagha - 07/11/20 09:50 PM
For me it wasn't possible to carry the letter back in my inventory, but reading it is enough to trigger the consequences smile
Posted By: KopMcGinty Re: Letter to Kagha - 10/11/20 08:51 PM
Seems to be linked to having freed Halsin first? I had done that before clearing the swamp. Having found and read (but been unable to take and had no journal update) the letter before returning to the Grove.

As a result there is no mention of the letter or shadow druids in the conversations with Halsin or Kagha despite my Tav knowing about it,
Posted By: Mornagest Re: Letter to Kagha - 12/11/20 01:02 PM
Yes, I'm pretty sure you have to read the letter BEFORE rescuing Halsin.
Posted By: Rylee Re: Letter to Kagha - 12/11/20 03:59 PM
Yuuup. I got the quest, freed Halsin, then tried to go and read the letter.
I can still (strangely since the quest somewhat resolved) read the letter and send it to my camp, but no one reacts to the information.
Posted By: Dee_MogII Re: Letter to Kagha - 14/11/20 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by Rylee
Yuuup. I got the quest, freed Halsin, then tried to go and read the letter.
I can still (strangely since the quest somewhat resolved) read the letter and send it to my camp, but no one reacts to the information.

Yeah, we should be able to tell Halsin at any point, hopefully they will fix. Otherwise Kagha admits she's working with the dark druids and implies your stupidity for confronting her about it. Halsin just gives her another chance so he probably isn't aware, and since he decides to come with you it's likely she will be up to no good in his absence.
© Larian Studios forums