Larian Studios
Posted By: MalcolmWest Skill Check Bug - 11/10/20 08:04 PM
I'm having an issue with skill checks that I think is a bug. My character has +2 charisma and proficiency in persuasion, but I've been rolling 1-4 on checks. Shouldn't 1-4 be impossible since I have +4?

My apologies if this isn't a bug and I've just misunderstood the game mechanics!
Posted By: Hudson316 Re: Skill Check Bug - 11/10/20 08:37 PM
The checks don't show the final check, they're the diceroll itself. Your skills change the DC you need to hit instead of upping the roll (so your +2 on your skill is making the DC 2 lower instead)
Posted By: Actionjaksun Re: Skill Check Bug - 11/10/20 08:41 PM
I think it's the mechanics.

So say if normally the check is 15, but your is +2 charisma and your proficiency bonus is +3 , then the dice you roll you need to meet is a 10. I could be wrong obviously, but that's what I thought has been going on.
Posted By: MalcolmWest Re: Skill Check Bug - 11/10/20 09:52 PM
Ahhhh I see, so it lowers your DC rather than effecting the dice roll. Very helpful, thanks!
Posted By: SirMoogle Re: Skill Check Bug - 11/10/20 11:50 PM
Technically it doesn't lower the DC, but the die roll needed to pass the skill check. The game kind of follows in the same vein as Pathfinder: Kingmaker by displaying the minimum needed after all modifiers have been taken into account.
© Larian Studios forums