Larian Studios
Posted By: Dark Omen Can't Drag & Drop Items/Actions - 14/10/20 01:45 AM
Anyone else not able to drag items around in inventory or move actions on your hot bar after playing for a while? When I first load the game it works fine, but after awhile i can no long move items by drag and dropping them. When this happens I can also no longer move actions around on the hotbar, as soon as I click to drag the action i hear a clunking noise and the icon disappears. I tried to do a search to see if others have reported this issue or not.
Posted By: Dark Omen Re: Can't Drag & Drop Items/Actions - 16/10/20 12:04 AM
Bump, anyone else experience this?
Posted By: Thieves Rule Re: Can't Drag & Drop Items/Actions - 15/11/20 02:19 AM
I've seen several things like this. I've also had issues where I'm trying to rearrange the items in the hotbar and if I try and drag a consumable like a grease bottle, it acts like I want to throw it. Makes rearranging the hotbar impossible.
Posted By: Eirhead Re: Can't Drag & Drop Items/Actions - 02/12/20 04:35 AM
Yup, just wanted to bump this thread because I frequently experience the same issue and find it the most frustrating thing about the current build. All it takes is cancelling an action in combat mode and that seems to cause it often (maybe 100%, I'll pay more attention). I might try using DirectX to see if that makes a difference.
Posted By: jsiu.dev Re: Can't Drag & Drop Items/Actions - 02/12/20 05:15 AM
I always encounter this, but cannot pin point the pattern/cause. It is very annoying. But seems we are talking 2 issue here.

1. Not able to drag/drop items from bag to ground. Seems it will work again after reload/restart.

2. Drag to hot bar. If you drag skill/spell to an item in the hotbar, it may place it there, but the item still exist, and when you click or use hotkey, the item beneath is used, instead of the skill/spell showing "on top".
Posted By: Eirhead Re: Can't Drag & Drop Items/Actions - 02/12/20 05:27 AM
Switching to DirectX doesn't help, so the problem isn't specific to the Vulkan API.

1. Not able to drag/drop items from bag to ground. Seems it will work again after reload/restart.

Reload doesn't ever fix for me. I require a client restart always.

And it's dragging and dropping anything that's represented as an icon. So whether it be hotbar items or items in my inventory... It's almost like the icon is just immediately unclicked while I hold my mouse button down, trying to drag it around. I tested again, and definitely cancelling combat actions seems to cause the bug to re-appear. There might be other things that cause it. Hoping the upcoming patch addresses this.
Posted By: jsiu.dev Re: Can't Drag & Drop Items/Actions - 02/12/20 07:18 AM
Originally Posted by Eirhead
Switching to DirectX doesn't help, so the problem isn't specific to the Vulkan API.

Reload doesn't ever fix for me. I require a client restart always.

And it's dragging and dropping anything that's represented as an icon. So whether it be hotbar items or items in my inventory... It's almost like the icon is just immediately unclicked while I hold my mouse button down, trying to drag it around. I tested again, and definitely cancelling combat actions seems to cause the bug to re-appear. There might be other things that cause it. Hoping the upcoming patch addresses this.

I don't think this has anything to do with directX/vulkan as I am playing on MacOS.
Posted By: Blacas Re: Can't Drag & Drop Items/Actions - 02/12/20 02:03 PM
Maybe a reason (in the current version 4.1.85.5707 on PC):
It's counter-intuitive but the reference point of your cursor is likely its center not the top left corner. When you drag and drop, the index fingertip is not the reference and therefore the object you move is not to be centered on your target slot.
Combined with the laggy and clumsy UI, this may become frustrating.
Posted By: RobinSm89 Re: Can't Drag & Drop Items/Actions - 02/12/20 03:05 PM
I also got this problem when I updated the game to 4.1.85.5707. Let's hope that this bug will be fixed otherwise, it's very inconvenient
Posted By: Eirhead Re: Can't Drag & Drop Items/Actions - 03/12/20 11:24 PM
Problem still exists in 4.1.89.3171

But, I believe I found a workaround for now. Using the "cancel action" button to cancel an action in combat (escape, right click, I have my right click re-bound to middle click so I could put the camera on right click) seems to cause the bug to happen. So what I did is tried using the "cancel action" click to click on an item in the inventory, once doing this, it seems like bug goes away until you re-trigger it. Still something that definitely needs to be fixed before the final release, but knowing how to workaround it should reduce some of the headache for now.
© Larian Studios forums