Larian Studios
Posted By: Alodar The Game requires long rests to advance plot - 21/02/21 03:49 PM
Too many long rests trivializes combat, but the only way to advance the companion story lines and in some cases the plot is to take long rests.

Is there any way to divorce plot from long rests?

I just completed a couple of no long rest play-throughs and the game broke when Haslin required me to take a long rest at the end.
I hit the camp button, got the "This looks like a nice place to rest" animation, Raphael immediately showed up and afterwards Shadowheart had an exclamation mark above her head to talk about Raphael. That was it. No celebration, no talks with companions.

Obviously that's an extreme case that I did for testing purposes but if eventually you are going to tie long rests to difficulty level you need some way to divorce plot advancement from camp.
In regards to companions, I am sure a lot of the conversations can be done on the road to limit the ones needed at camp. Not sure what you can do about the dream scenarios though. Maybe if you rest in a inn bed? It has always been pretty standard that companion story was continued through "camp". Pretty much every story RPG does it.
© Larian Studios forums