Larian Studios
Posted By: Starlights Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 26/02/21 02:15 AM
Hi there,

I created my Druid, perhaps not related to "class", but I noticed right away that my actions such as Jump, hide .. AND my spells are NOT showing on the bar. I don't seem to be able to "drag" my spells to the bar either. im on MAC.

thanks,

Edit: that - > https://steamcommunity.com/app/1086940/discussions/0/3112521650142835420/

Edit: SOLVED, I had to delete my mods to make it work. now back to normal, but no mods.
Posted By: Starlights Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 26/02/21 04:05 AM
ok, filing this as a bug laugh

I can't drag or send Lae'zel armour to my character anymore. I "can" drag/send the weapons or potions, just not "the armour".

The graphics are great btw. Great Job !

Edit: SOLVED, well, nothing to be solved, STR below 12 (or maybe below 10) can't grab medium amour. This is no bug. I guess most of us trying a Druid dump STR smile .
Posted By: DragonSnooz Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 26/02/21 04:07 AM
I had the same bug with Astarion after recruiting. The bug ended after a Long Rest.
Posted By: King-Crow Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 26/02/21 05:50 AM
I'm currently having the same issue moving armor from Lae'zel to anyone besides Gale, also I can't seem to equip any medium armor on my druid. frown

EDIT: so it seems that Lae'zel's armor and the chain shirt +1 are bugged. They cannot be equipped by my PC I thought it might be a druid rule about armor like in 3.5 D&D but that rule doesn't exist in 5e and I can equip shadowhearts medium armor. So in conclusion... Bugged...
Posted By: spectralhunter Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 26/02/21 06:04 AM
Originally Posted by King-Crow
I'm currently having the same issue moving armor from Lae'zel to anyone besides Gale, also I can't seem to equip any medium armor on my druid. frown

Lae'zel's armor seems to be a bug. Or maybe the devs got tired of everyone stealing her armor and giving it to someone else?

Druids are not supposed to be able to wear metal armor. That could be the problem.
Posted By: King-Crow Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 26/02/21 06:23 AM
Originally Posted by spectralhunter

Lae'zel's armor seems to be a bug. Or maybe the devs got tired of everyone stealing her armor and giving it to someone else?

Druids are not supposed to be able to wear metal armor. That could be the problem.

I thought this might be the case as well but it's effecting the chain shirt +1 as well which I have to assume is unintended.

EDIT: yeah i just tested it on a new game and i could still equip her armor but I can't on my original character even if I load an old save from the very beginning of the game >:(
Posted By: Vindold Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 26/02/21 07:26 AM
1. While creating my female Gold Dwarf Druid I've noticed that Hair color(gold blonde 1) doesn't work
2. Druid armor heavily bugged on Female Golden Dwarf, but devs should know about it.
Posted By: King-Crow Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 26/02/21 08:49 AM
Okay so I tracked down the "bug" I've been talking about. (lots of testing, phew!) turns out you can't move items from one inventory to another if the recipient doesn't have enough strength to pick up the item in the first place. I'm not talking about carry capacity, I mean certain heavy items are too heavy to be picked up at all! but there should probably be a UI message that tells you why you can't move an item between characters, pick it up off the ground or out of a chest. because I just spent the better part of an hour testing things before I worked out what the problem was.

So yeah, long story short I have been punished for my Min/Maxing, fairly annoying as medium armor isn't supposed to have STR requirements in the tabletop game, but that's what we have.

Edit: cool work around though, you can drink a STR potion equip the armor you need and the armor stays on after the potion effect is over.
Posted By: KillerRabbit Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 26/02/21 08:55 AM
Strange bug that I can't figure out the trigger for -- at some point the companions have blank inventories. The items come back at random times and go away again.
Posted By: Elessaria666 Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 26/02/21 11:50 AM
Okay so I tracked down the "bug" I've been talking about. (lots of testing, phew!) turns out you can't move items from one inventory to another if the recipient doesn't have enough strength to pick up the item in the first place. I'm not talking about carry capacity, I mean certain heavy items are too heavy to be picked up at all! but there should probably be a UI message that tells you why you can't move an item between characters, pick it up off the ground or out of a chest. because I just spent the better part of an hour testing things before I worked out what the problem was.

So yeah, long story short I have been punished for my Min/Maxing, fairly annoying as medium armor isn't supposed to have STR requirements in the tabletop game, but that's what we have.

Edit: cool work around though, you can drink a STR potion equip the armor you need and the armor stays on after the potion effect is over.
Had the exact same experience; I spent an hour trying to work out why Gimblebock's armor kept vanishing when I looted it; reloaded and reproduced the behaviour twice, then on the third time decided to loot items individually and saw it stay on the corpse. There really does need to be a UI prompt for that kind of thing.
Posted By: Innateagle Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 26/02/21 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by Vindold
1. While creating my female Gold Dwarf Druid I've noticed that Hair color(gold blonde 1) doesn't work
2. Druid armor heavily bugged on Female Golden Dwarf, but devs should know about it.

It works, just doesn't show up in character creation.

Anyway, i just speeded the nautiloid section and i noticed that jump still allows to move away/around enemies without suffering an attack of opportunity, i guess it's intended?
Posted By: Dark_Ansem Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 26/02/21 04:12 PM
Glitch with Ice Beam cantrip: if aimed close or medium distance the projectile is played in a straight line and the impact appears to be right behind the caster

Not sure if a bug or not, but Lolth-sworn druid appears to actually worship Shar - as opposed to Lolth

Druid flame cantrip produced a blue flame, yet light and projectile employ standard fire colour and illumination, and impact.
Posted By: barony Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 26/02/21 04:29 PM
I lost sound in game even in lobby. Cant play now ;(
fixed after file verify via steam
Posted By: Blackmagicgirl Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 26/02/21 06:21 PM
Reloading the game with invisible familiars (Imp) seems to cause them to still be on screen, but you are unable to command them in any way. Their icon no longer appears above you. I'm a Warlock if that makes a difference.
Posted By: The_BlauerDragon Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 26/02/21 10:30 PM
It may be too early to tell, but it is looking like multiplayer might be broken. I opened 3 instances of the game to multiplay with myself (as I normally do because there's no other way to create a custom party), and had to copy/paste the game ID because I could not find my own LAN game session anymore. Now my characters are all set and ready to venture forth... and I've been on the loading screen for about 15 minutes without a bit of red in the progress bar.

Anyone else experiencing problems with multiplayer?
Posted By: spectralhunter Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 26/02/21 10:36 PM
Originally Posted by The_BlauerDragon
It may be too early to tell, but it is looking like multiplayer might be broken. I opened 3 instances of the game to multiplay with myself (as I normally do because there's no other way to create a custom party), and had to copy/paste the game ID because I could not find my own LAN game session anymore. Now my characters are all set and ready to venture forth... and I've been on the loading screen for about 15 minutes without a bit of red in the progress bar.

Anyone else experiencing problems with multiplayer?

Nope. I made two custom characters just like you did. No issues whatsoever.
Posted By: The_BlauerDragon Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 26/02/21 10:44 PM
Originally Posted by spectralhunter
Nope. I made two custom characters just like you did. No issues whatsoever.

I checked Task Manager. One copy, the middle copy, had stopped responding. I killed it and the other 2 immediately moved forward. I have all 3 characters, so all appears to be well. I guess it was just an anomaly.
Posted By: Adisplayedname Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 26/02/21 11:20 PM
I've encountered a few bugs since Patch 4 came out :

- Black screen after entering dialogue
- Character model for the Hooded Skeleton duplicating while in dialogue
- Character speaking model freezing while in dialogue
- Dialogue not showing, written as [-]
- Translation not showing (while it did in Patch 3)

Idk if the devs know about them, but I don't think I'm the only one with the black screen, and it's the most game breaking of them all :')
Posted By: fylimar Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 26/02/21 11:33 PM
I just had Alfiras scene and the cinematics are off. They don't match the song anymore.
Posted By: The_BlauerDragon Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 27/02/21 02:10 AM
Has anyone else encountered the issue where the popup for selecting the druid wildshapes or any of their other abilities refuses to go away... like EVER!...? If so, has anyone found a workaround to get rid of so you can see the toolbar again?

Oh, less of a concern, but... when I go to camp with those popups active and trigger the Lae'Zel 'Come here and let me have a look at you' cinematic (because I can't recruit a 5th person and didn't yet want to dismiss Shadowheart so soon after killing and looting Gale) I go through it with a black screen and a few brief flashes of light here and there. Anyone else?
Posted By: Niamh Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 27/02/21 08:30 AM
A really strange bug concerning Character Creation. Basically, when I select Druid as my class, the armour doesn't show up. Any character, no matter their race or gender, will stand there only in underwear or appears as a floating head. I verified the integrity of the game files and uninstalled the game too. Also, I decided to see if this situation occurred in play and it does. It shows no armour or weapon in my player character's inventory. Kinda bummed as I was super excited to play a Druid. Has anyone else came across this?
Posted By: King-Crow Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 27/02/21 09:39 AM
Originally Posted by The_BlauerDragon
Has anyone else encountered the issue where the popup for selecting the druid wildshapes or any of their other abilities refuses to go away... like EVER!...? If so, has anyone found a workaround to get rid of so you can see the toolbar again?

Oh, less of a concern, but... when I go to camp with those popups active and trigger the Lae'Zel 'Come here and let me have a look at you' cinematic (because I can't recruit a 5th person and didn't yet want to dismiss Shadowheart so soon after killing and looting Gale) I go through it with a black screen and a few brief flashes of light here and there. Anyone else?

Yeah I saw someone else with the same wild shape UI bug on the subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGat...hapeshift_interface_bug_the_window_with/
Posted By: SheWildWolf Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 27/02/21 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by Vindold

This. The male druid seems fine. The female dwarf's skeleton/model, both subraces, is seriously misaligned. The head is pushed back by a couple inches and appears to be floating or unattached if you view from behind/side (could be masked with a long hairstyle), and the armor appears to be sitting forward off the body by a few inches. It's disappointing, and too much of a distraction to use female dwarf as a race for the druid. frown
Posted By: Bufotenina Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 27/02/21 01:58 PM
I don't know if this is a proper bug but still I'm gonna post it in this thread.

My druid toon has 10 in strenght. That is he should be able to lift a maximun of 100 kilos (or libres or whatever weight unit of mesure they have in Faerun), currently my toon is in the nautiloid ship, I decided to gather son nautiloid tanks, those explosive fellas can be useful later and weight 25, but when I highlight the tank the only option I can use is "attack". I switched to Lae'zel, strenght 17 that is 170 kilos, and she is able to take the tanks (three for an amount of 75 ).

I tried to use the inventory menu to move the tanks from Lae'zel to Gallenus (the name of my new druid) but again I couldn't, as final resort I selected the tank and opened the courtain menu, again the option "Give to Gallenus" was not on.
Posted By: state02 Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 27/02/21 07:55 PM
1) Room with the book of the dead. I tried opening it with both Shadowheart and Gale. They both fail and the game locks up. The only difference from the last patch was the tool tip about inspiration points. I reloaded the game a number of times but the lock up happens whether they fail or succeed.

2) In druid grove at the telescope site, at the beginning of the dialog there is no lip syncing from the tiefling. It kicks in during the rest of the dialog.

3) Double image overlay in the cut scene talking to the undead fellow.
Posted By: Lasselante Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 27/02/21 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by Niamh
A really strange bug concerning Character Creation. Basically, when I select Druid as my class, the armour doesn't show up. Any character, no matter their race or gender, will stand there only in underwear or appears as a floating head. I verified the integrity of the game files and uninstalled the game too. Also, I decided to see if this situation occurred in play and it does. It shows no armour or weapon in my player character's inventory. Kinda bummed as I was super excited to play a Druid. Has anyone else came across this?

Have the same problem( And I was so looking forward to this beautiful druid outfit on my character! X(
Posted By: Bufotenina Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 27/02/21 09:07 PM
I want my nautiloid tanks baaaack!!!!!! :'(
Posted By: Sharet Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 27/02/21 10:16 PM
- Some surfaces do not expire after the "turns remaining" indication and stay indefinitely;
- Some cutscenes don't start and consist just of lines of dialogue (like when you talked to the deads pre-patch);
- If I change the "Highlight tooltips" hotkey to TAB instead of LEFT ALT the command doesn't work anymore;
- Using DirectX instead of Vulkan the game freezes for 1-2 seconds every 5 minutes or so. It is quite bothersome.
Posted By: TenMoogles Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 27/02/21 10:49 PM
Near the beginning of the game, interacting with Book of Dead Gods inside the Dank Crypt is broken. Any option I choose will proceed to roll, and regardless of the outcome the character is just stuck in the dialogue *This book is far lighter than it should be with such a massive lock*.

Swapping characters and interacting with the book lets me read it now, but the original character is still stuck in dialogue and can't be used. My custom character is an Asmodeus Tiefling Warlock, but it happens regardless of which character/dialogue option I choose (Shadowheart, Astarion, Lae'zel).
Posted By: Malrith Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 28/02/21 01:22 AM
Bugs I've encountered so far that weren't present before Patch 4:

- When approaching the windmill to save the dark gnome, the goblins now attack on sight instead of triggering the dialogue even if you're not hostile with the goblin camp.
- At the Refugees celebration the romance scene doesn't trigger. After selecting which character to spend the night with, my party is stuck on the bedrolls with no option to stand up, go back to the main map or do anything else beside reloading a previous save. Very annoying.
- Kagha's chest can't be lockpicked anymore.
- The inventory screen randomly turns to black at times.
Posted By: SkyKnight.Prime Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 28/02/21 03:10 AM
Hi folks!

Not sure if anyone else encountered this one: the initial interaction with the mother Owlbear does not trigger for my Druid. I've tried standing there in humanoid form, and wild-shaped. The encounter doesn't trigger, she just stands there. If you go over to her, she becomes hostile and attacks. I don't know if this applies to non-druids.

Regards,

SKP
Posted By: dcdepaepe Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 28/02/21 05:18 AM
I just started playing so I'm not sure if this is specific to Patch 4.

As a cleric, sending divine energy into the lock on the book near the heavy crate in the dank crypt leads to the character being stuck interacting with the book.
Also, tested this with Shadowheart and got the same result.
Posted By: rwheel4 Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 28/02/21 05:50 AM
Not sure if these have been encountered yet but I've come across 2 bugs recently. one seems like a bug and the other one might not be but I think should definitely be addressed.

1) after a battle in the the temple where you meet shadowheart I had Astarion selected and he was sneaking. I was trying to get him to loot a corpse of a baddy but clicked on my druid in wildhape as the bear and accidently went in to the pickpocket screen. I exited out and selected my druid to unwildshape him and move him but then when i went in to my inventory my Druid's stuff was gone. Not in Astarions inventory or anyone else's but just gone. Luckily I have been autosaving like crazy so i didn't lose much progress.

2) while wildshaped i can't seem to interact with moon beam to move the beam on my turn. This should definitely be something you can do since part of the balancing with Druid has them have a lot of concentration spells that they can keep up in wildshape. I think this is probably a bug but wanted to point it out. I haven't tried with flaming sphere yet
Posted By: Nicottia Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 28/02/21 06:21 AM
Selling too much of all the garbage loot we get to only one trader (in my case it was Aaron cause he gave my druid good discounts) will irreparably corrupt all future save files, basically you will keep on crashing trying to reload. Happened to me when I wanted to fight the gith, which made me think githanki were buggy again, but then I tried loading other saves before even approaching them, but after unloading all my loot on Aaron, all of them were crashing while loading. I really don't know how devs can solve it, other than all the loot we sold resetting on the same intervals normal traders restock their goods.

Elfira's song's subtitles are visible anywhere, even from the other side of the map. All others aren't.
Posted By: Sound Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 28/02/21 06:58 AM
1)Finding that some chests or doors I was able to lock pick before I'm not able to do now; instead displaying as "Lockpicking Impossible". What I'm noticing is that they're all story quest/item related?

-Kagha's chest
-The door leading to the forge room in the Blighted village, that has the Mastercraft weapon blueprints
-The metal door that the Necromancy book of Thay is behind.

This is also with Astarion, with thieves tools as well.

2) Another thing I've also noticed, while disengaging in combat my character more often than not first walks away from the enemy before jumping, provoking an opportunity attack anyway. This is even while being careful to not aim to jump outside the range or circle displayed, with no obstacles blocking me from moving anywhere. It'd honestly be nice if jumping and disengaging were separate buttons.

3) Talkative skeleton ended up duplicating himself in the cutscene where he climbs out of his sarcophagus, duplicate vanished once it was over however.
Posted By: Rubymosh Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 01/03/21 12:22 AM
Game won't advance after rolling dice to read what's in the Book of the Dead. I've tried it 4 times with different characters. It hangs. I reloaded game again and now you can pick it up but no question about opening it.
Posted By: SkyKnight.Prime Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 01/03/21 12:55 AM
COMBAT BUG:

This has happened to me 2-3 times now: during combat, my character will reach the end of their movement, have no actions or bonus actions left, and I can't click on the 'End Turn' button. It's like the game thinks they're still moving. Only way out is to reload. (Which is why I save constantly. "Save scumming" my ass.... it's the only way to preserve sanity. wink )

Regards,

SKP
Posted By: Feud Raultha Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 01/03/21 01:33 AM
My save game file becomes corrupted whenever I sale equipable items, (ie. rings, weapons, shields or torches), to the Gnome vendor in the Grove. When I try to load the save it crashed the game. Certain useless "junk" items can be sold, just not items that can be equipped.
Posted By: Some_Twerp753 Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 01/03/21 01:41 AM
The chest in the hidden forge (where you discover/make the susa bark weapons) up the ladder on the platform 'above' the trapped chest, is seemingly unable to be opened; I might just be a twerp and not finding the key.

I seem to have broken party member interaction in the camp; I've had no interaction with any of them beyond Gale's "I need to eat magical items" dialogues, Astarion's "I need to have a suck" dialogues, and Shadowheart's "I'm a priestess of Shar" dialogues that trigger when you hit the triggers in the abandoned village/owlbear's lair. I wonder if this is an side-effect of the weighted dice; combat is definitely less gruelling, so I'm able to go further without resting.

Originally Posted by Nicottia
Elfira's song's subtitles are visible anywhere, even from the other side of the map. All others aren't.
Yep, I get this too.
Originally Posted by Malrith
Bugs I've encountered so far that weren't present before Patch 4:
- When approaching the windmill to save the dark gnome, the goblins now attack on sight instead of triggering the dialogue even if you're not hostile with the goblin camp.
- Kagha's chest can't be lockpicked anymore.
I've got these too. (edit: and her key doesn't seem to work either!)
Posted By: SavvyPanda Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 01/03/21 01:46 AM
Noticed this pretty early on but wasn't sure what was happening.

Apparently, every time I load a save my characters swap their weapons (from melee to ranged and back).

I was rather confused because Lae'zel was suddenly running around with her bow out and not her starting long sword on the nautiloid. It doesn't even have to be a character's turn or for them even to be in your party. I left Shadowheart at camp with her mace and shield equipped, had saved and reloaded, popped back in to grab her for a run in the crypts and, surprise! She has a crossbow on her back. I even got to watch Gale examining his mirror image, one with a quarterstaff and one with a crossbow.
It happens every time I reload. And it seems to happen with people not in the party as well. At the battle at the druid gate, the mercenary who usually uses a bow ended up swapping to her bare fists. It wouldn't be a huge problem, except that:
A) I save scum a lot. I'll admit it. In battle mostly. So because of my save scummy nature there is a lot of weapon swapping happen in just one battle.
B) I usually have my party members holding a melee weapon when they end a turn (especially when in melee range) for that sweet, sweet attack of opportunity.

To be fair, I am using a drow druid that I made with the new patch and not with the hotfix. Don't know if that changes anything.
Posted By: Feud Raultha Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 01/03/21 02:34 AM
Selling too much of all the garbage loot we get to only one trader (in my case it was Aaron cause he gave my druid good discounts) will irreparably corrupt all future save files, basically you will keep on crashing trying to reload. Happened to me when I wanted to fight the gith, which made me think githanki were buggy again, but then I tried loading other saves before even approaching them, but after unloading all my loot on Aaron, all of them were crashing while loading. I really don't know how devs can solve it, other than all the loot we sold resetting on the same intervals normal traders restock their goods.

So have you found the culprit? What's the amount we can sale before it corrupts the save?
Posted By: Starlights Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 01/03/21 03:01 AM
I wonder if it's a bug, but when recruiting Shadowheart on the beach, XP doesn't get at par. My main PC levelled before her. When recruiting other companions, it's all ok, XP's are at par.
Posted By: valyriansteel Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 01/03/21 03:32 AM
New bug I found: the druid's "protect from poison" spell doesn't seem to work. I cast it on my PC and on another party member (Shadowheart), then went into the locked library room in the Druid grove (unlocked it by wearing Nettie's circlet) and both my PC and Shadowheart became poisoned from "poisonous fumes" despite being protected by the spell.
Posted By: lady-hircine Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 01/03/21 06:03 AM
I'm having two things which I'm sure sure if they're bugs or not but I believe are based on what I know. First - when I go to the blighted village to the section with the goblins and the deep gnome on the windmill, if I have Wyll in my party I can't get the dialogue to trigger. Instead, everyone instantly rolls for initiative and the fight starts. This only happens when Wyll is in the party, I tested it without him and it works fine.

Second - after speaking with Auntie Ethel and the brothers on the road, if I choose the option that goes like "I've got my own problems I can't help you" their bodies don't spawn. I don't know if this one is an intention thing or not, but they spawn when I offer to help, just not when I choose the option declining to help. Anyone else have either of these things happen?
Posted By: xnihil0zer0 Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 01/03/21 07:03 AM
If you try to send a small companion onto the bridge in Mountain Pass(before the cutscenes is triggered and it gets destroyed by the dragon), it falls through the world. If you try to switch characters, it'll show their camera, but they can't be controlled. Saved games can't be loaded. At this point, the task manager can still be accessed to quit the process. Using the Quit Game button causes the game to get stuck overlaying all windows. Alt+Tab can cycle through open applications, but none, including Task Manager, can be accessed. The PC can be restarted through the Windows menu.
Posted By: Ghost King Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 01/03/21 07:07 AM
Didn't read through all the thread so sorry if I repeat some things, but issues I have been having have been dialogue not progressing and having to hit spacebar to continue. In the Auntie Ethel tea house had numerous bugs with dialogue. For one I was unable to inform the girl that her brothers were killed and didn't note that I spoke with them or had the letter. Not sure if that is because I was a drow, but the particular weird thing is that in the dialogue choices I was given the human response answer. After the battle when Auntie Ethel tries to talk you out of killing her it glitches after you slay her and starts up you talking with one of the random mask people to a random party member at the same time. Causes you to have two dialogues active at the same time and the other to glitch to where you have to use the spacebar to continue with Myerina.

To note Auntie Ethel is just the example of the dialogue needing to use Spacebar to either start or unglitch the npc to start talking. Some other npcs have had this issue as well.

Originally Posted by Starlights
I wonder if it's a bug, but when recruiting Shadowheart on the beach, XP doesn't get at par. My main PC levelled before her. When recruiting other companions, it's all ok, XP's are at par.

You are not the only one. She didn't level when I fought the intellect devourers either. She now levels with my party now, but she was a few xp shy of the party.

There are also some cutscene that have funny issues where npcs are standing in the air above my character. Guess more npcs are investing into Walking on Air or Levitate. wink

Anyways, that's all I have experienced glitch/bug wise at the moment.
Posted By: NamelessDragon Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 01/03/21 10:53 AM
I'm having the same issue as a half-drow. I encountered their bodies, took the letter and both my PC and Shadowheart commented on their deaths. But when I get to the conversation with Ethel and Mayrina, the option to inform her about what happened to her brothers just isn't there. Instead of "That's Mayrina? I have bad news for her", there's only "That's Mayrina? Where are her brothers?". Never had this problem before. I also get a [Human] tagged dialogue option with Ethel in that conversation for some strange reason when, yeah, I'm a half-drow.

Another bug is during the first conversation with Ethel and the brothers, if you wish them good luck instead of saying that you'll help them look for Mayrina, their bodies simply never spawn? But if you pick the first option, they do. Never experienced any of these bugs in this questline before, so I'm guessing it's stuff caused by the new patch.
Posted By: Jess Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 01/03/21 04:15 PM
Thanks for all these reports! Keep them coming.

Some notes:
-The issue with the Windmill combat is being worked on and should be fixed in a future update.
-Duplicate talkative skeleton is a known issue.
-Dialogue not advancing for Book of Dead Gods can be fixed by pressing space bar or 1.
-Kagha's chest not being lock-pickable or openable with the key is a known issue.
Posted By: Ramien Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 01/03/21 05:53 PM
All the characters show Deity: Shar when leveling if I level them after Shadowheart. Could almost make sense for Wyll as he's a warlock, but I'm pretty sure Gale still has a thing for Mystra...
Posted By: lady-hircine Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 01/03/21 09:54 PM
I did have an issue today where briefly, Shadowheart's face and a couple other textures were black/dark brown. Restarting the game thankfully fixed this, and it only happened once so far. Another issue that's happened twice is during combat, sometimes peoples voice lines for spells aren't in their voices? Shadowheart for a whole section of combat was saying spell lines but it definitely wasn't her voice actress, not sure what happened there.
Posted By: Icelyn Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 02/03/21 12:25 AM
Here are a few bugs:
  • When changing into a small animal such as a cat, my pc became encumbered and couldn't move (was not encumbered in elf form).
  • My pc was in bear form during the fight to rescue Halsin. After the fight was over, instead of changing automatically back into an elf for the conversation with Halsin, my pc stayed in bear form, and Halsin automatically talked with Gale instead.
  • I left the companions outside when rescuing people from the burning building. However, after the lady was rescued, she ran outside and started a conversation with Gale instead of my pc.
Posted By: Nymtheriel Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 02/03/21 12:45 AM
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
Strange bug that I can't figure out the trigger for -- at some point the companions have blank inventories. The items come back at random times and go away again.

I've noticed this too. For me it was Gale, specifically, whose inventory ceased to exist apparently randomly. So far my best hypothesis is that it is a failure related to what's supposed to be a functionality where you can't access your companions' inventories if they don't like you very much, or something? I also noticed that Astarion's inventory was greyed out (differently from the blank version that is probably unintended, but suspiciously similar) for the first short while after I recruited him and it occurred to me to wonder whether the two might be related.
Posted By: Thieves Rule Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 02/03/21 01:06 AM
Originally Posted by Feud Raultha

So have you found the culprit? What's the amount we can sale before it corrupts the save?

I don't think it's necessarily one vendor. My last few saves inside the ruined temple were corrupted. My last good save was right before I went and robbed the Zhent trader in the temple and then promptly sold all those weapons to her. I sold much more than that to Aaron previously, but the save I did right after that won't load.
Posted By: booboo Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 02/03/21 03:44 PM
GAME CRASHES

The game now seems to produce corrupted saves, triggered by some unknwn condition (one other person reported it started after they entered the Underdark - I did that too, briefly). Then all seemed fine...until I infiltrated temple of the absolute (from the collapsed passage above). I completed some combats/quests there and saved, then noted that the save games caused a crash on load. It seems to be some bad state written out - I can load earlier saves and they always load. I have not tried leaving the temple to see if the save corruption is somehow linked to the temple it self.

I have not experienced this problem with earlier patches - the game was always stable for me. Files verified and Nvidia drivers up to date. Tried both Vulkana DX11.
Posted By: Zaxtaj Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 02/03/21 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by Ghost King
Didn't read through all the thread so sorry if I repeat some things, but issues I have been having have been dialogue not progressing and having to hit spacebar to continue. In the Auntie Ethel tea house had numerous bugs with dialogue. For one I was unable to inform the girl that her brothers were killed and didn't note that I spoke with them or had the letter. Not sure if that is because I was a drow, but the particular weird thing is that in the dialogue choices I was given the human response answer. After the battle when Auntie Ethel tries to talk you out of killing her it glitches after you slay her and starts up you talking with one of the random mask people to a random party member at the same time. Causes you to have two dialogues active at the same time and the other to glitch to where you have to use the spacebar to continue with Myerina.

To note Auntie Ethel is just the example of the dialogue needing to use Spacebar to either start or unglitch the npc to start talking. Some other npcs have had this issue as well.

You are not the only one. She didn't level when I fought the intellect devourers either. She now levels with my party now, but she was a few xp shy of the party.

There are also some cutscene that have funny issues where npcs are standing in the air above my character. Guess more npcs are investing into Walking on Air or Levitate. wink

Anyways, that's all I have experienced glitch/bug wise at the moment.

I am also having issues with Auntie Ethel and I'm playing a Tiefling Ranger so I don't think it is related to choice in race. Your character just seems to forget that you just saw the dead brothers and the dialogue option just doesn't show up. I've also encountered the dialogue glitch. I was also given the Human response answer.
Posted By: Vindold Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 02/03/21 04:28 PM
Don't know if this is a bug though looks like one...our 'dream lover' got some red lipstick but at character creation there is no such thing. I've created copy of my fem.dwarf druid but with darkpurple skin,hair,eyes, looks great but this lipstick..daamn..just ruins it all.
Posted By: Some_Twerp753 Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 02/03/21 05:34 PM
I got a critical miss with gale's ice-bolt cantrip, and a gnoll... slipped and fell on it's backside in the ice field created? I thought surfaces appeared with a critical hit
Posted By: Some_Twerp753 Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 02/03/21 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by Icelyn
When changing into a small animal such as a cat, my pc became encumbered and couldn't move (was not encumbered in elf form).
I'm not sure that's actually a bug. It's specifically stated when you wildshape you get the animal's dex, con... and strength. So my 10 STR druid of the moon's carrying capacity tends to yoyo, depending on what form they take.
Posted By: booboo Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 02/03/21 06:01 PM
The description of wildshape (in 5E SRD) just says equipment either merges with you (and becomes inert), drops to the ground (or if it makes sense) can be worn (rings etc I guess)? So taking the description literally, somehow all that heavy equipment (unless you wear it) ceases to be a concern from a weight point of view...doesn't make sense, but that's the nature of magic. I think if you can wear something (so that it gives a bonus/functions as normal) that should weigh its regular amount and your transformed shape should meet the STR/carry/other requirements - but implementing that sounds complicated (many equipment types and potential shapes). I also noticed my shape was encumbered when I turned into a bird. I would prefer that you can't benefit from any items, but that they just merge with you and their weight is not a concern....that would be the easiest interpretation.
Posted By: Ghost King Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 02/03/21 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by Zaxtaj
I am also having issues with Auntie Ethel and I'm playing a Tiefling Ranger so I don't think it is related to choice in race. Your character just seems to forget that you just saw the dead brothers and the dialogue option just doesn't show up. I've also encountered the dialogue glitch. I was also given the Human response answer.

Originally Posted by NamelessDragon
I'm having the same issue as a half-drow. I encountered their bodies, took the letter and both my PC and Shadowheart commented on their deaths. But when I get to the conversation with Ethel and Mayrina, the option to inform her about what happened to her brothers just isn't there. Instead of "That's Mayrina? I have bad news for her", there's only "That's Mayrina? Where are her brothers?". Never had this problem before. I also get a [Human] tagged dialogue option with Ethel in that conversation for some strange reason when, yeah, I'm a half-drow.

Another bug is during the first conversation with Ethel and the brothers, if you wish them good luck instead of saying that you'll help them look for Mayrina, their bodies simply never spawn? But if you pick the first option, they do. Never experienced any of these bugs in this questline before, so I'm guessing it's stuff caused by the new patch.

Glad I am not the only one that was having this issue. It's good to get the data out there so they know of the issue. Also thanks Jess Larian for letting us know about those details and appreciating our feedback. smile
Posted By: Madscientist Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 02/03/21 07:12 PM
On the ship when I press the right button the 2 slaves die.
They move for several seconds in an extremely unnatural way and remain in a very unnatural position.

Yes, whatever the button does is extremely painful, but even this should not turn your arms and legs to rubber, they become twice as long and move through other parts of the body.

link
Posted By: AnotherTav Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 02/03/21 11:16 PM
Inventory bugs hit me twice today; Astarion was greyed out and empty when I recruited him, Shadow Heart was empty with no weight numbers during the skeleton fight in the temple. Both cleared up with a reload.

Climbing graphics look off for PC/Followers, like crawling on all fours but climbing instead. Duergar at the pier/Deep Gnome village climbed down the cargo nets by floating down facing out in a climbing position.

Still get speech with no lip sync.

Had a "fail" skill check when I actually passed by one.

Goblin Grikka(?), the one roasting the Dwarf has been trapped in the fire/pit or crate when I initiated combat from the bridge 3 out of 3 times (first time CTD'd, second I think I rage quit in a childish huff because the RNG hates me, third I actually finished the fight).

Occasional corpse glitches out on death.

I don't know if this a bug or a feature, but missies and critical misses with special arrows and firepots still cause damage. Both Astarion & Gale were nearly killed in Blighted Village when a fire bottle "critically missed" by still did 12 damage to each of them. Acid and fire arrows still do damage when they miss too.
Posted By: Starlights Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 03/03/21 04:42 AM
Good evening,

At the toll house, once you engage in a dialog with Anders and you "end" the dialog, the game doesn't let you save. You get a warning saying you can't save in mid-dialog ...

Even after fighter Anders and his crew, and after going to camp for a rest, you can't save - for same reason. Reloading the previous save, before meeting Anders, will not help you. I had to reload the game with the "previous" save that I couldn't save before and then it saved.

I was not able to reproduce the bug frown
Posted By: indiejones Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 03/03/21 06:14 AM
In the dark crypt, found a chained book in the side room of the main crypt room (with the statue and the battle against the undead). Character interacting with book is trapped in cut scene after successful roll to open book. Dialog says "this book is far lighter than it should be with such a massive lock". Dialog does not change when book is opened. Switching to a different character lets that character read the book and pick it up. First time with main char as druid in bear form. reloaded. tried with Shadowheart. same issue.

Also in at least one game, last party member (Gale) had no inventory items showing and could not give him items. Used the dragging icons to break apart party and reshuffle order when putting the party linked back together. Fixed the problem.
Posted By: Charon Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 03/03/21 01:31 PM
I found a spell prepare glitch. It will let you unprepare a spell but not re-prepare. It happened when I equiped the Rain Maker staff which is supposed to give you the create/destroy water spell. I already knew the spell but did not have it prepared. While having rainmaker equipped It didn't add create/destroy water to my hotbar so I checked my skills and saw that I couldn't prepare spells even though I wasn't in combat. Unequipping Rain Maker fixes the issue.
Posted By: Starlights Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 03/03/21 04:57 PM
Good evening,

At the toll house, once you engage in a dialog with Anders and you "end" the dialog, the game doesn't let you save. You get a warning saying you can't save in mid-dialog ...

Even after fighter Anders and his crew, and after going to camp for a rest, you can't save - for same reason. Reloading the previous save, before meeting Anders, will not help you. I had to reload the game with the "previous" save that I couldn't save before and then it saved.

I was not able to reproduce the bug frown

Ok, I think I figured out how to reproduce this bug - I'm not in front of my computer to confirm this, so if someone can confirm this pattern, let me know.

Hyperthesis:
So first, it has nothing to do with Anders dialog.

It's when you shove someone, like the mage at the toll house - you shove her out of the balcony - a dialog will pop and if you DON'T interact with the dialog, when she hit the ground and die, the dialog will close by itself.

-> I believe it's at that moment that the system/game will prevent you to save, no matter what you do. It's like the "dialog" is still open, but you can't see it.
-> Also, Anders crew won't be hostile right away, up until you are in sight with Anders/crew.

If it's the case, your saves (previous one) will get bugged if you reload old save. you will have to quit the game and re-initiate.

There are other places when you can shove someone, that I believe the same behaviour might happened, ex.: the goblin at the first camp on top of the rock, or perhaps the Minotaur in underdark.

if someone can confirm that, it will be great.
Posted By: DiDiDi Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 03/03/21 08:11 PM
The thing you get from Ethel for taking your eye (that's supposed to give you 5 inspiration points) does nothing.

Ethel's hair increases your selected attribute by 1 for ~1 second and then is immediately reverted... laugh

I have also managed to permanently change into a bear, without any option to shift back (or lunar mend) - but this I've already reported through the form.

Bottle of water cannot be thrown at the burning cage at Ethel's cave, you cannot cast create water (which 100% did work before) either - you get "target out of sight" or "target out of range", when clearly in line of sight and in range...
Posted By: AnotherTav Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 03/03/21 09:30 PM
A couple more from me (probably find more later):

Blighted Village Gobbos initiate conversation to challenge me, narrator cuts out mid sentence before finishing the Ilithid speech (twice).
No option to just attack like per ambushes, have to pass/fail a test.
Start combat with the 3 scavengers around the apothecary, camera switches to a Goblin first person view looking at my party, HUD disappears and all I can do is hit escape, quit and reload.

Bug or Feature? The room in Waukeens Rest that you rescue the man trapped under a beam fills up really fast. Shadowhearts water spell stops it for about 3 seconds before the room fills right back up again, can't force turn based mode to manage saving the bloke (tedious if you fail to lever the beam), keep putting flames out and stop people dying. Is this an ethical dilemma thing? Stay and save him at painful cost (good) or say "sucks to be you" and run (evil)?
Posted By: Madscientist Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 03/03/21 09:38 PM
link

The talk icons are sometimes in a really strange position, like inside a char or an object.
Posted By: Zarna Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 03/03/21 09:48 PM
When moving in stealth I have had the inventory open on companions as if I was going to pickpocket them due to camera angle. After cancelling this, they have nothing showing in their inventory and it is not in anyone else's either. Have to reload and change the camera angle before moving anyone so it doesn't happen again.
Posted By: Prismcat87 Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 03/03/21 10:42 PM
Noticed that when playing a Gold Dwarf the armbands of the druid gear are not on the arms. They float in the front or beside the arms instead, this is not the issue with any other race when I checked.
picture of floating armbands: https://i.imgur.com/WTcpadZ.png
Posted By: Kylu Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 03/03/21 11:09 PM
During Long Rest after talking to Wyll about being the Blade of Frontiers I cannot complete Long Rest by clicking on the Bedroll, it goes to a weird dialogue state, where you can't do anything, just shows characters on their beds with speech bubbles above their heads.
Posted By: FuryouMiko Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 04/03/21 09:46 AM
Druid Produce Flame cantrip procs off Intelligence instead of Wisdom for Half Wood Elves.

Druid in Wild Shape died when being reduced to 0 HP instead of reverting to humanoid form.
Posted By: Feud Raultha Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 04/03/21 01:14 PM
Found a new bug last night ...my save game file becomes corrupted whenever I go into the swamp and start fighting my way to Aunties cabin. Any saves I make while there crash when I attempt to load them. Really thinking I might just stop playing this game until it’s actually launched ...whenever that might be. Every Patch y’all release seems to break the game more.
Posted By: Madscientist Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 04/03/21 04:51 PM
I think this is a bug.

I had my first dream with the lover I created during character creation too.
After the rest, the 4 characters that were in my party at this time get a new ability, but the other two characters who were not in my party (Gale and Shadowheart) did not get new abilities, even though they say so when I talk to them after rest.
Posted By: DiDiDi Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 04/03/21 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by FuryouMiko
Druid Produce Flame cantrip procs off Intelligence instead of Wisdom for Half Wood Elves.
For every race.

Also, the ability of the Faithwarden (or whatever) druid staff you get for solving Kagha/Shadowdruids quest uses intelligence as well, which makes no sense (also some strings missing if you equip it and look at the character sheet).
Posted By: Madscientist Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 04/03/21 05:42 PM
https://imgur.com/a/6t0xhHT

When the bear walks through water he sometimes switches between a black and a white look all the time.
Posted By: Mthrndir Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 04/03/21 06:04 PM
A couple bugs:

the locked book in the chapel.
-Once I tried to use dialogue to open it it just stayed in the dialogue. Had to reload and leave it alone.

Wyll dialogue about his past with Mizora.
-Once it gets to the point where he says he can free himself if he saves her it just stays there. No option to move past. Going to have to skip it to move on but I expect it's an important piece of his story line.
Posted By: Madscientist Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 04/03/21 08:31 PM
link

I open the sacophargus with the dead guy who will later be in my camp.
When I talk to him I see him normally, but I see him also from the side.
Posted By: xnihil0zer0 Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 05/03/21 12:13 AM
In dialogue you can now only switch between the MC and companions, but in the trading window, follower portraits, like Halsin and Glut are also visible. If you click on a follower portrait, the game crashes.
Posted By: xnihil0zer0 Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 05/03/21 12:28 AM
Got a question about Hotfix 8.
The patch notes say
-Fixed a rare crash when an object falls into a chasm.

Do you have any more info about what this is referring too? I thought maybe it was similar to the issue I posted here, but that's still happening.
Posted By: Kylu Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 05/03/21 01:14 AM
For anyone like me that had problems trying to exit Longrest by clicking a bedroll and being stuck with Characters sitting there with speach bubbles i kind of found a solution, select a Character that isn't one of the four on the bedrolls and speak to another party member standing around, for me this was Wyll. Tell him to leave the party, when he asks are you sure say no and leave the conversation. This should take you to the campfire video outscene.
Posted By: Starlights Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 05/03/21 01:37 AM
Pretty sure this has been reported already, just in case not smile

Offhand DEX modifier show that it applies when you mouse over the offhand attacks, but when you actually use it, in the calculation, the modifier is not applied.
Posted By: jfcmp87 Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 05/03/21 01:41 AM
Flame Sword tooltip says that you can unequip, but even when pressing tab I can't sheath the sword.
Posted By: AnotherTav Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 05/03/21 07:10 PM
This has now happened two times in a row:

Fighting Gut and her boys I've had the combat lock up with no ability to end turn.
The first time I had Halsin selected, his portrait receded as if done, but the end turn button would not work.
Second time the camera kept centring on Gale, who was frightened, even when it was not his turn, selecting one of the others would let me use them, but the camera would continue to pan to Gale. Got over this then the above happened again, this time Halsin was part of a group with another three sharing initiative. I was hoping to get over it by killing the last Goblin, but as always the RNG had other ideas.

Both times it happened at the back near the throne and spider gates. Both times Halsin was selected and moved first.
Posted By: Starlights Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 05/03/21 07:14 PM
Good Morning,

Ok, here we go again, Rogue sneak attack calculation, can we argue that this is a "bug" ?!

Below we have the following math operation:

11 * ((4-1)/2+1) = 22 which is a bug, 22 is wrong smile. Let's decompose;

(4-1) = 3
3/2 = 1.5 (can not be rounded just yet)
1.5 +1 = 2.5 (can not be rounded just yet)
11 * 2.5 = 27.5 (can be rounded, up or down, doesn't matter (28 or 27, it's still not 22.)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

thanks
Posted By: Starlights Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 05/03/21 07:40 PM
Perhaps this has been reported:

-> Can't cancel an attack or a spell.

The workaround for me is the click on the opportunity button at bottom right.

Ideally, we should hit escape to cancel the attack/spell.
Posted By: Madscientist Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 05/03/21 07:47 PM
I guess you are a rogue and this is a sneak attack.
Sneak attack is 1d6 every odd level. Crit doubles the damage.

The formula should be ((level - 1) / 2 ) + 1 and its rounded down. This means its 1 for level 1 and 2, its 2 for level 3 and 4 and so on. This is the number of your sneak dice.
So sneak damage is only rolled once and its multiplied with the number of sneak dice.

Normally its 1d6 * number of sneak dice.
On a crit its 2d6 * number of sneak dice.

You rolled 11 as sneak damage and its multiplied by 2 because you are a lv4 rogue.

Yes, the formula is not intuitive and it took a while for me to figure this out.
Posted By: Madscientist Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 05/03/21 07:49 PM
link

In the quest log, when you scroll down to the bottom the last entry is only half visible.
Not sure if this is a german or general problem.
Posted By: Starlights Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 05/03/21 09:17 PM
Hi @Madscientist smile I enjoy reading your inputs in this forum - oh, and your signature is priceless smile

Originally Posted by Madscientist
I guess you are a rogue and this is a sneak attack.
Yes, I just edited my post to clearly state I was referring to the Rogue sneak attack calculation.

Sneak attack is 1d6 every odd level. Crit doubles the damage.

The formula should be ((level - 1) / 2 ) + 1 and its rounded down. This means its 1 for level 1 and 2, its 2 for level 3 and 4 and so on. This is the number of your sneak dice.
So sneak damage is only rolled once and its multiplied with the number of sneak dice.

Normally its 1d6 * number of sneak dice.
On a crit its 2d6 * number of sneak dice.

You made a mistake in the above. "((level - 1) / 2 ) + 1". The expression is read like this: "((level - 1) / 2 + 1)". Look at my screenshot. The location of the closing parenthesis is at the end.

So ((4 (level) - 1) / 2 + 1) = 2.5

Where we can precisely argue is with 2.5 can not be rounded (up or down) YET. That's because the operation is not complete.
The operation is 11 * ((4 (level) - 1) / 2 + 1), once you complete it, then and only then you can round the number (up or down, doesn't matter, but technically it should be up - I have a research paper if you are interested smile ).
Try and paste "11 * ((4 (level) - 1) / 2 + 1)" in any compiler of your choice, you will always get 27.5, that of course you can round down if it matches D&D rules.
Posted By: Madscientist Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 05/03/21 09:27 PM
- Yes, the formula is wrong in the way it is shown in the game.
- I do not know how to write in a mathematical way: Add +1 every odd level, starting with 1 at level 1
so you get 1 at lv1, 2 at lv3, 3 at lv5 and so on.

Edit:
regarding rounding:
"rounded down" in this sense means means you ignore everything after the point.
So 1.99 is considered a 1, 20.23 is considered a 20 , 4.79 is considered a 4.
I am sure there is a mathematical term for it, but I do not know it.
Posted By: xnihil0zer0 Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 06/03/21 12:57 AM
Had a game breaking issue in the Arcane Tower. Not sure how specific the bug is, I'll test other ways to invoke it eventually. But, I'm curious if anyone else has seen it. I used Lae'zel to bust down the door into the tower. I charged the Arcane Turrets and it took several attempts to enter turn based mode. If I destroy the turrets first, or if I immediately attempt to leave turn based mode, I can't. Only reloading a save fixes it.
Posted By: SadSadMage Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 06/03/21 02:06 PM
Minor bug so probably not worth creating a separate thread.

The journal of Brian the dwarf now looks like this

[Linked Image from pbs.twimg.com]

The Find the Nightsong quest still updates as it should, though.
Posted By: Icelyn Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 06/03/21 08:43 PM
Here's another bug:
In the Myconid Colony my pc started a conversation with the woman whose husband is missing. While my pc was talking with her, Astarion, who was following, triggered automatic dialogue with Glut. I tried to end the conversation with the woman with the missing husband through the leave dialogue option, but it didn't end the conversation, and the PC remained stuck as if in dialogue.

Not sure if it is a bug or intended, but I wish the conversations that trigger automatically would do so only for the pc and not companions (unless related to a companion quest).
Posted By: Kajsentlyha Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 06/03/21 09:16 PM
I had a bug with Lae'zel:
I left her at camp and went to kill the goblin leaders, when I long rested (before heading to the grove and triggering the party scene) I talked to Lae'zel and she acted as if I had never rescued her from the cage and she wasn't even part of the group.
Posted By: CapnYoungs Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 07/03/21 02:12 PM
A friend of mine and I came across the "waiting for others" bug in multiplayer last night. I've been searching around for hours and can't find a solution to getting past it. Is it just a "keep trying until it works" kinda thing or is there something specific that triggers it and needs to be avoided? any feedback would be much appreciated!
Posted By: Kajsentlyha Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 07/03/21 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by Kajsentlyha
I had a bug with Lae'zel:
I left her at camp and went to kill the goblin leaders, when I long rested (before heading to the grove and triggering the party scene) I talked to Lae'zel and she acted as if I had never rescued her from the cage and she wasn't even part of the group.

Actually, now every time I talk to her in camp I get this conversation...
Posted By: Madscientist Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 07/03/21 08:04 PM
https://imgur.com/a/lijpaIM

Next to the goblin village is a house with an ogre and her lover.
I have defeated both.
In the house is a medium armor on the ground.
Only my druid can pick it up. I cannot give it into the inventory of any other character. My druid is the only char in my party who can equip medium armor.
Wyll could buy medium armor in a shop though.
Wyll could also pick up the greatsword in the same house, even though he is not profient with it.

expected behaviour:
Everyone should be able to put an item in their inventory.
Just because you cannot equip it does not mean you cannot carry it in your inventory.
Posted By: LeyraBeirel Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 07/03/21 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by Sound
1)Finding that some chests or doors I was able to lock pick before I'm not able to do now; instead displaying as "Lockpicking Impossible".

I've got that also on the door in the basement in the Risen Road house, where you meet the Tyr's paladins.
https://imgur.com/a/5jGnWGy
Posted By: Madscientist Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 07/03/21 09:01 PM
link

Gale has equipped a leather helmet.
The tooltip mentiones that he is not profient with light armor.
He is able to cast spells.
Casters should not be able to cast spells when wearing armor they are not profient with.
I am not a DnD 5E expert, so I do not know if helmets are considered armor, if they require profiency and if they can disable casting if you are not profient.
For me this was irritating.
Posted By: Madscientist Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 07/03/21 09:07 PM
link

My druid is able to cast the dancing lights spell while in animal form (deep rothe).
Is it correct that cows can cast spells?
Posted By: ash elemental Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 07/03/21 09:20 PM
link

My druid is able to cast the dancing lights spell while in animal form (deep rothe).
Is it correct that cows can cast spells?
Deep rothe have this ability. (at least according to the FR wiki)
Posted By: Sechrima Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 08/03/21 09:56 AM
Devil Sight is still not working. You can't attack at range within Darkness and if you try to attack a target outside of Darkness while you're inside it, your PC first tries to walk out of Darkness to attack.
Posted By: JDCrenton Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 08/03/21 12:35 PM
Is mp working normally? I ask because i cant direct connect to some friend since yesterday. Just gives constant failed connection.
Posted By: Madscientist Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 08/03/21 03:40 PM
I was at the entrance of the goblin camp. I wanted to clear the cave near the entrance from traps. Wyll summoned a cat familiar. It detected a trap. It tried to disarm the trap but failed (can cats disarm traps?). Then it walked over the trap and it was killed. I tried to do the same thing again with a rat familiar. Wyll summoned it, it went into the cave and failed to detect something. I had it walk around. When it stepped on a trap it was killed and the game crashed.

This is copied from the crash report I have send.
Posted By: Monara Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 08/03/21 07:51 PM
Auntie Ethel quest is stuck in "get help from Auntie Ethel" even though I killed her. One of my party members was still wearing the mask and Ethel's flock turned hostile to half my party only (neutral to the other 2), and after those party members died/left the normal post combat conversation did not trigger, this may be related.

I also have a permanent quest marker on the entranced tiefling kid that doesn't seem to be associated with any quest and he has nothing to say to me.

Game can crash to desktop without any error message so not sure how to report it.

Also get 2-3 second slowdowns where even the mouse cursor lags like some script is using all cpu, happens very rarely.
Posted By: fizzwick Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 08/03/21 08:25 PM
Shadowheart and Wyll don't have their tadpole powers. Rest of group does. Was out adventuring and leveled up. Returned to camp and got the dream that gives the powers. Went to level SH and W the next morning and neither had their special goodies before or after advancing. Have slept multiple times since and gotten subsequent dreamage with no change to them. Both had their morning after dialog indicating they had received powers like everyone else.

There is now a permanent spike growth inside the goblin temple. I was offing the bosses and during the fight with Minthara I cast it in the area where she starts and then shifted forms. She knocked me out of my form in the course of combat and the message that I lost concentration flashed up but the spell remained in force with no concentration from me. Even tried casting another concentration spell but the big field of thorns remains and the timer stopped going down as well. Had to wade through it to loot bodies and such. Last I checked it is still there.

Have had several instances of graphic glitches under this patch where the graphics just go all smeared across the screen and you can't see anything anymore. Have to quit and restart the game to fix. This is using Vulkan on a 1660Ti. Don't think I've seen this prior to the patch. Drivers are up to date.
Posted By: Madscientist Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 08/03/21 09:39 PM
link

This weapon does not have the correct icon.
Posted By: Madscientist Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 08/03/21 10:38 PM
link

There is a bug in the goblin temple.
One goblin is inside a cage.
I killed the 3 other goblins in the room.
- In this room and elsewhere, Astarion backstabbed 3 goblins in a row, killing each of them with one hit. Doing this did not make the others hostile, only their reputation goes down.
It feels strange if I kill 3 people in a row and nobody cares.
Sometimes it seems inconsistent when killing someone with a single attack or shove makes others hostile or not.
- After killing the 3, the goblin in the cage thanked me and left. The door of the cage is still locked. It happened the moment all 3 were dead, before I could loot them or open the cage.
Posted By: chronoss2016 Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 08/03/21 10:50 PM
Originally Posted by Adisplayedname
I've encountered a few bugs since Patch 4 came out :

- Black screen after entering dialogue
- Character model for the Hooded Skeleton duplicating while in dialogue
- Character speaking model freezing while in dialogue
- Dialogue not showing, written as [-]
- Translation not showing (while it did in Patch 3)

Idk if the devs know about them, but I don't think I'm the only one with the black screen, and it's the most game breaking of them all :')
githyanki and got like 5 minutes into play right as i take control of ship and aid hte mindflayer to attach the things that allow for transport screen goes black and thats it , nice game but its very broken atm
Posted By: Aesir23 Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 09/03/21 02:49 PM
I had Lae'zel in my party for the encounter with the Githyanki patrol. After the encounter, I dismissed her from the party and now whenever I talk to her in camp she acts like she hasn't been recruited.

When I first recruited her during the encounter with the Tieflings I told her to wait in camp so I don't know if that had anything to do with it. It wasn't until after the Githyanki patrol that she began to display this behaviour.

Lae'zel also didn't have her tadpole powers when she was in the party.
Posted By: AnIntrovert_ Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 09/03/21 08:14 PM
so i appear to be stuck in the goblin camp portion of the questline, the cutscene to free the bear just does not trigger and i cannot talk to anyone else at all. another issue in the same area is that i cannot long rest OR fast travel at all. anyone else have this issue? if so any workarounds?
Posted By: Imryll Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 09/03/21 08:46 PM

Really annoying that you can't give medium+ armor (within carrying capacity) to my vendor character to sell. I'm fine with strength requirements to equip and limits to how much a character can carry, but, if true, this seems silly. Of course, giving Wyll a little more strength would help. Weird companion stats are not one of the things I'm nostalgic about from the earlier games. laugh

Other bugs:

The volume of Alfira's song was really soft during cutscene of her singing. It was normal as I walked up the path toward her, and sound volume hasn't been an issue in other cutscenes.

Sometimes can't give items to characters who have newly joined the party. Fast travel to another location generally resolves this, but isn't always convenient.

Sometimes I'll open the inventory screen and see only numbers (that I can't interpret) instead of icons. Save and reload seems to resolve the issue, but again can be inconvenient.

After entering the Teahouse, couldn't tell Mayrina that I'd seen her brothers' corpses.

I'm generally crashing more than previously. I have a new PC, but I'd expect more memory/faster processor and a hard drive without numerous bad clusters to help, not hurt.

Clicking on a character portrait doesn't always change the selection. Sometimes it takes a few clicks, and it's easy to do something unintended with another character.

Weapon selection seems a little wonky, changing unexpectedly. It's frustrating to have a character you'd set to use her ranged weapon charge in with her rapier.

Edit: Also, Wizard spells learned from scrolls should be treated as known on the level up screen. The character screen shows them as known (and selectable), but the level up screen prompts me to learn them and won't let me select them as prepared spells.
Posted By: Madscientist Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 09/03/21 11:17 PM
link

It could be improved how temporary hit points are shown.

Wyll has gained 8 temporary hit points. Then he lost 4 of them.
I see two health bars, one is half full, the other one is full.
The portrait says he got 31/31HP.

- It is not easy to see that you have temporary hit points. I had them all the time, but only after he took damage and the portrait was still full I realised that I have 2 health bars.
- A half full health bar for temporary hit points does not make sense. Temporary hit points cannot be healed.
- The number should be shown at the portrait.
When you have 30 hit points, you lose 20 and then you gain 5 temporary hit points it should show 10/30 + 5
Posted By: Madscientist Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 10/03/21 09:25 AM
Strange NPC behaviour: Spiders and goblins fight each other (very slowly) in turns while I am not in combat.

I wanted to free the spiders from the pit in the goblin temple. But the spiders were looking to the goblins so I could not sneak and unlock the door without alarming the goblins. I went to the room above the pit and shot at the closed door between spiders and goblins. The door was gone, nothing else happened.
Then I played around to see what is possible. Wyll sommoned a cat familiar and I used it to pull one goblin after the other into another romm in order to kill them without starting a big fight. It worked. One time my cat used her ability in a position were she attracted the spiders and the goblins in front of the spiders. All of them went to the cats position, then they walked back. When they reached their original position the spiders and the goblins started to fight each other while my party was not in combat. I could see the initiative rolls and then they attacked each other one after the other. The spiders also attacked the zhent merchants.

If the spiders hate the goblins, why don´t they attack once the door is open.
I see no reason why they would only attack another when both leave their position and then return.

note: Could somebody test if the fight also starts when you only pull out the spiders with the cat, without influencing the goblins.
I am already past this point and have no old save.
Posted By: Madscientist Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 11/03/21 06:59 PM
In the camp I talked with Laezel and she told me to find Zorru.
I already have talked to him in the druid grove.
Posted By: Madscientist Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 11/03/21 07:36 PM
link

I am in the goblin temple, in the room where Halsin is imprisoned.
I took an explosive barrel and placed it near two goblins.
Then I used a fire attack on it, it exploded and damaged both goblins.
They came to me and asked if I have something to do with this.
I could convince them I am innocent.

One of the goblins is in a conversation. There is a speach bubble over his head.
But non of my characters is talking (no talk icon over any of them, I can control them all).
The talking goblin is frozen in time. He has burning status but he does not take any damage.

Then I killed all of them without problems.
Posted By: crashdaddy Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 11/03/21 09:28 PM
Originally Posted by Imryll

Really annoying that you can't give medium+ armor (within carrying capacity) to my vendor character to sell. I'm fine with strength requirements to equip and limits to how much a character can carry, but, if true, this seems silly. Of course, giving Wyll a little more strength would help. Weird companion stats are not one of the things I'm nostalgic about from the earlier games. laugh

Other bugs:

The volume of Alfira's song was really soft during cutscene of her singing. It was normal as I walked up the path toward her, and sound volume hasn't been an issue in other cutscenes.

Sometimes can't give items to characters who have newly joined the party. Fast travel to another location generally resolves this, but isn't always convenient.

Sometimes I'll open the inventory screen and see only numbers (that I can't interpret) instead of icons. Save and reload seems to resolve the issue, but again can be inconvenient.

After entering the Teahouse, couldn't tell Mayrina that I'd seen her brothers' corpses.

I'm generally crashing more than previously. I have a new PC, but I'd expect more memory/faster processor and a hard drive without numerous bad clusters to help, not hurt.

Clicking on a character portrait doesn't always change the selection. Sometimes it takes a few clicks, and it's easy to do something unintended with another character.

Weapon selection seems a little wonky, changing unexpectedly. It's frustrating to have a character you'd set to use her ranged weapon charge in with her rapier.

Edit: Also, Wizard spells learned from scrolls should be treated as known on the level up screen. The character screen shows them as known (and selectable), but the level up screen prompts me to learn them and won't let me select them as prepared spells.

I'm having all these too
Posted By: Madscientist Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 11/03/21 09:40 PM
link

This goblin is stuck in the fireplace. He does not burn.
I am in combat and he takes forever to finish his turn, much much longer than any other enemy.

for context:
I have sneaked and put poison into their drink. I had them all drink and then convinced them that I did not poison them.
Then I killed the 3 leaders, which turned everyone in the area hostile.
Astarion shoots from the wall, then hides so enemies do nothing at all.
But this one takes forever to skip his turn.

There is another bug.
Almost all remaining NPC in the area join the fight, but one just stands there, does nothing and was not part of the fight. (his portrait was not shown in the turn order).
He stands in the yard and can see all others fight, so its not that he is too far away.
It is Bao-ek-nuk. I play in german, maybe he has another name in english.

Update: I killed the enemy who did not join the last fight with 3 shots of a crossbow from stealth in a row but this did not start combat.
Posted By: Madscientist Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 11/03/21 10:01 PM
link

I have killed the goblin leaders and looted all dead goblins. Then I returned to the druid grove.
I see the scene where the tieflings thank me that I have killed the goblins.
During this scene, two lines of his talk were not voiced.

After this scene where I accepted their gift, my inventory looks like this. (see image)

update:
Closing and opening the inventory did not help.
Going to a merchant solves the problem for those chars who were involved in trading (you selected them in the shop screen so they could buy/sell stuff)
The shop did nothing for chars who were not selected during shopping.
Posted By: Madscientist Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 11/03/21 10:42 PM
link

Findal the druid is dead in the grove and I have no idea why.
I saved him from the goblins.
I found out that Khaga is a shadow druid.
I convinced Khaga to side with us and fight the 3 shadow druids.
Non of the druids died during the fight against the shadow druids.
All other druids are alive.
Posted By: rainbowvet Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 12/03/21 04:37 AM
Good evening. Two-weapon fighting has been bugged since release. Initially, the str/dex modifier was not added to off-hand attack roll calculations, but the modifier was added to the damage roll, even if the character did not have the two-weapon fighting style. After patch 4, the application of the modifier to the damage roll only to characters with the two-weapon fighting style has been corrected. However, the modifier is still not applied to the off-hand attack roll.
Posted By: Madscientist Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 12/03/21 07:13 PM
I speak with the hobgoblin merchant in the mycoid colony.
At first he is alone.
When you talk to him you can see the friendly mind flayer standing next to him before he calls him.
The mind flayer should not be visible until the merchant calls for him.
Posted By: Aesir23 Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 12/03/21 07:16 PM
If the Novice Duergar in the optional fight just before end of the demo tries to shove a character then they lock up and the battle can't progress.
Posted By: Madscientist Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 12/03/21 07:36 PM
link

At the waterfall in the mycoid colony, the texture of the water is missing.
Posted By: Madscientist Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 12/03/21 08:04 PM
link

Not sure if this is a bug, but it feels wrong.
The exploding mushrooms in the underdark do not react to familiars.
The quest to save the dwarf is super easy that way. The imp throws the torch, the bag and the rare mushroom to a save place, my chars pick it up and then I can throw the scroll to the dwarf.

The exploding mushrooms should react to proximity of any creature, I guess.
Posted By: AnotherTav Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 12/03/21 09:12 PM
Some more from me:

As per Madscientist I see the Mindflayer as well

PC died, transported to camp, now I have a permanent blood pool over my bed roll - not good for spending the night with Shadowheart (though Astarion may find it kinky)

Astarion getting stuck in places - I accept he doesn't like running water, but it is a pain to micromanage him to get him to keep up. Plus he tends to get stuck at the cargo net leading up from the Decrepit Village beach.

Other random characters will get stuck at jumps. Is it necessary to have so many jumps to continue locations? The bridge from Blighted Village, the way to the Tower from Decrepit Village, getting across the river from the dog to the toll house etc? It sometimes feels like an arcade game with the jumping. This is something that annoyed me greatly with Dragon Age Inquisition, having played Origins and missing 2 I thought it became too Arcady.

The Goblins at the fire pit roasting the Dwarf don't engage, they just stand around taking a minute to "move into range". Grikka will get stuck in the scenery most times.

Not a bug but something else - If I go hostile to the Goblins at Blighted Village, whether the Ambush or the guards round the Aunt Ethel side, I feel the entire enemy force should go hostile. As it is I can pick off each group individually with not much fear others will join in (the scavvers in the Apothecary might, but others don't). This extends to the Goblins at the Selune Temple. It is easy to pick off individual groups - start with the sleeping drunks, then the courtyard, then Crusher - and the wandering Bugbear will just watch you slaughter the Goblins unless you hit him or he wanders nearby. Same inside if you don't have Halsin with you.

Despite the fact that every post I've made on this forum has been a bug report or criticism - I'm 170 hours in (since mid February) and loving it. I'll get round to posting some positive feedback.
Posted By: SinisterDeath Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 12/03/21 09:27 PM
So, I thought I deleted/removed all mods from my game before starting a new Druid save.
Character started with no equipment.

I noticed this morning that various spells/attacks that have modifiers after there base damage, were routinely dealing 1 point of damage/healing.
E.g. Cure Wounds/Healing Word, Selune's Dream, Guided Bolt, which all have a +1 to +4 modifier were dealing 1 point, when at minimum it should range from 2 to 5.

Variety of unlootable items like a spider egg, enchanted armor.
Goblin Camp completely bugged out when I entered from the side. Half the camp went hostile, the other half is friendly.
Posted By: Kajsentlyha Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 13/03/21 06:09 PM
I had a weird bug with Volo and Halsin. On the next long rest after raiding the Grove Volo suddenly showed up at camp together with a very pissed-off Halsin even though I didn't free either. After taking care of Halsin, I spoke to Volo and in the cutscene we're back in the goblin fortress and he's still in his cage. At the end of the cutscene we're both back at camp.

I also had a bug with Ethel just skipping turns if you free Mayrina before she sets the cage on fire.

And when I ask Shadowheart how she thinks we should proceed she mentions Ethel even though we just killed her and Gut, who has been dead for a while now.
Posted By: Madscientist Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 14/03/21 10:03 AM
- In the destroyed village, when you convince the goblins not to attack you, one sleeping creature is still shown as hostile.
If you kill it the goblins in the area do not care.

- Should there be a cut scene at the windmill?
When I get close to the goblins naer the windmill, they attack me at once even though I convinced the goblins at the entrace to let me pass.
When I hit their leader enough there is a conversation and when its over all remaining enemis are gone.

- I never saw a cut scene in the owlbear cave.
The bears always attacked me on sight.
Posted By: Wolfenring Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 15/03/21 05:24 AM
At the moment there is such a small map and so few quests and there are already so many bugs in it and it takes forever to fix these bugs, my god we can be happy when the game is released in 2023, the work is like a snail. get more people who work faster and no more covid 19 excuses here you can do everything in home office since no brothel
Posted By: PERKELE Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 15/03/21 06:45 AM
The only major bug that i've come across in my time playing is that the inventory screen showed all the items as the item ids, see attatched link, and that the bug was fixed upon a reload of an older save

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2425404316
Posted By: fallenj Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 15/03/21 07:52 AM
Ikaron a level 3 npc in the grove makes two attacks with a 2h weapon for some reason

Attacks of opportunity vs druid spider form stops actions all together, don't get attacked from AOO, and can only pass turn.
Posted By: Dlabyt Re: Patch 4 - No dreams and no song - 16/03/21 12:54 AM
Completed an exhaustive play through in patch 4 and never had any of the dream sequences.

Worth noting I also did not get the famous song scene or even audio - and haven't in any of the previous play throughs I have completed, some 184 into the game across those play throughs and have never experienced one of the most vaunted scenes in the game.

This feels like a serious problem.
Posted By: Nyloth Re: Patch 4 - No dreams and no song - 16/03/21 01:43 AM
I've broken all Astarion's dialogue because of attack on the grove.

The dialogue about the "bloody showdown" with the druids apparently arose instead of some other dialogue, and each time a situation occurred and everyone reacted as expected (for example, Raphael's proposal), Astarion reacted only to the next rest in the camp. So on party, instead of offering me a night with him, he first tells me about the "dreams", then offers the night, and in the morning he continues to repeat "wait for the right time".

And I think one dialogue (or cuz I destroy grove in other way not with goblins) broke the whole game, because in battle with Minthara in camp I also can't kill her, because she's not aggressive for me, she's "stuck" in this time loop with Astarion, and thinks she's still at the party.

I also had a few client crashes, but I sent automatic error reports.
Posted By: Mindrivet Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 16/03/21 06:36 AM
So I ran into this amusing bug. I was standing too close to "Heavy Oak Doors" and cast Mirror Image and the doors also got the mirror image!
[img]https://ibb.co/FWLDRRk[/img]
Posted By: Madscientist Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 16/03/21 09:30 AM
Originally Posted by Dlabyt
Completed an exhaustive play through in patch 4 and never had any of the dream sequences.

Worth noting I also did not get the famous song scene or even audio - and haven't in any of the previous play throughs I have completed, some 184 into the game across those play throughs and have never experienced one of the most vaunted scenes in the game.

This feels like a serious problem.

I think you have to use your tadpole powers to get the dreams.
In my first playthrough I never used them and I had no dreams.
Posted By: Sharet Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 17/03/21 09:22 AM
Surely these issues are already known, but let me report them anyway:

1) The undead conversation in the tomb is bugged, there are two models at once:
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

2) Many conversations glitches when you are of a small race (dwarf) or in animal form:

3) A lot of enemies (at least once per fight) heavily staggers during his movement, taking up to a minute to complete it.
Posted By: SoundisPlatinum Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 17/03/21 06:51 PM
I am not sure if this is intentional but I La'zel has a proficiency bonus to attack of a +2 at level 3 instead of a +3. I am curious if the Proficiency bonus of others is messed up as well. I have not had the time to being any fighters or rangers up to 3rd and 4th level since the patch.

Also I just did the phase spider fight and only got 20 xp for the fight. Seems a bit low to me but I have not been paying that great of attention to the xp per fight.
Posted By: booboo Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 17/03/21 08:16 PM
@SoundisPlatinum = +2 proficiency bonus is correct for levels 1-4, at level 5 it becomes +3....5E D&D rescaled things a lot from earlier editions.

Have a look at https://www.5esrd.com/classes/fighter/

Of course, I'm not sure how closely the rules are being followed (see numerous threads wink

Not sure how they compute XP - but in the 5E SRD it's 700 XP ;-) (divided by 4 I assume) ... I guess you'd level too quickly if they used the actual tables?
Posted By: Madscientist Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 17/03/21 09:43 PM
Having +2 profiency bonus is normal for level 1-4.

Computer games have much more combat than PnP, so it is normal that exp are reduced if the devs don´t want us to get lv20 before half of the game is done.
Posted By: JDCrenton Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 17/03/21 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by Wolfenring
At the moment there is such a small map and so few quests and there are already so many bugs in it and it takes forever to fix these bugs, my god we can be happy when the game is released in 2023, the work is like a snail. get more people who work faster and no more covid 19 excuses here you can do everything in home office since no brothel

It's insanely slow. Still have day 1 bugs and they don't seem to care about fixing the most important issues with game mechanics.
Posted By: SecretSarah Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 18/03/21 10:21 AM
Originally Posted by Ghost King
Originally Posted by Zaxtaj

Originally Posted by NamelessDragon

Glad I am not the only one that was having this issue. It's good to get the data out there so they know of the issue. Also thanks Jess Larian for letting us know about those details and appreciating our feedback. smile

My Tiefling Druid is having these same issues with the Ethel dialog. I've found Mayrina's brothers; I've used speak with dead to question them; I have their letter and other belongings... still can't break the news to her.
Posted By: Cummunism-Chan Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 23/03/21 01:06 PM
hello I have a big problem since the 4th patch when i star a Game I can not see my action and trick buttons. Problem with UI
Posted By: SheWildWolf Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 23/03/21 01:17 PM
Originally Posted by Cummunism-Chan
hello I have a big problem since the 4th patch when i star a Game I can not see my action and trick buttons. Problem with UI

That's a mod issue. Try with no mods and see if you have the same trouble.
Posted By: xbox432 Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 24/03/21 08:21 PM
Spoilered in case someone hasn't found this area yet.

I'm not sure if this is a bug, or the DEVS way of subtly saying "Don't go there, idiot". But in the Zhentarim Hideout at coordinates X: 283 Y-219 you can see a kind of aqueduct in the cave's background. If you go to the ledge here you can find a series of steps leading down towards the water, then you get to a bit where you can't walk any further, but you can jump to the area where some support beams are. And from there you have the option to jump down into the shallow water on one side, or another patch of ground on the other. I thought this was maybe a secret area like the bit under the Hag's hut and tried exploring. I died. Multiple times. And it's not from fall damage. There's a brief moment after you do the second jump (one one side, the other takes three) that makes it look like the game is loading a new area. But then it immediately cuts to your character's dead prone body lying on the ground.

So I'm not sure if this is a bug preventing access to an area, or if it's an area the DEVS don't want us to go to. But if it's the latter, then having those steps to bait us into going down and giving us the option to jump from a reasonable height seems a bit sadistic. As it should be pretty easy to disable the ability to land a jump there.
Posted By: xbox432 Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 24/03/21 08:56 PM
Just found a second glitch in the same place as above... Hopefully, I don't get in trouble for double posting about two separate subjects here.

In the Zhentarim Hideout at X: 281 Y: -180, while you are on the downward slope right in front of the cell gate, the wolf right above you disappears. Further, the roaming guard will also seemingly become invisible while moving up the slope or in the area right above you. And I'm not meaning they're on another ledge or simply hidden behind something. From a different position they can be seen easily, but while you're in that one spot in front of the door they remain invisible. Though you can still hover over them with the cursor to get a kind of white outline of them.

Spooked the hell out of me when I seemingly got caught stealing by a ghost.
Posted By: chaoscapi Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 24/03/21 09:25 PM
Hi, I don't know if this is where I can report some bugs.[img]https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2434676805[/img]
[img]https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2434677366[/img]
Posted By: SheWildWolf Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 24/03/21 11:28 PM
Originally Posted by chaoscapi

I've had this happen when Guidance was used. Did you have Guidance when the rolls failed? I've also had "success" with clearly failed rolls while Guidance was active as well. I have reported it officially and gotten a reply that it's a known bug when Guidance is used.
Posted By: AddyJenkins Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 25/03/21 12:07 AM
I have not been able to move from "Neutral" approval with Astarion since the patch, after all mods removed and the game reinstalled. This is after the bite and giving him the Necromancy of Thay.

I have seen no one else reporting.
Posted By: CbusCJB Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 27/03/21 04:20 PM
I found a bug which happened in a conversation in camp. It's when the PC wakes up when Astarion is trying to bite her. If I chose the Ithilid option in the ensuing dialog and pass the check, the game would freeze at that point. I could see the subtitle for Astarion's next line, but didn't hear the audio. I could still reload a save, I just couldn't progress the game. I had a save right before going to sleep and could reproduce the bug. If I took a different path through the conversation not involving the Ithilid option it proceeded normally.

This is on PC through Steam, no mods.
Posted By: randomfoil Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 02/04/21 03:58 AM
I created a Druid, but when I went into the game I had issues with the "produce flame" cantrip.

How do you throw it, I was not able to figure that out. I should be able to cast and throw without losing my action according to the info.
Posted By: VesNL Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 14/04/21 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by state02
1) Room with the book of the dead. I tried opening it with both Shadowheart and Gale. They both fail and the game locks up. The only difference from the last patch was the tool tip about inspiration points. I reloaded the game a number of times but the lock up happens whether they fail or succeed.

Can confirm this is also the case for me.
Posted By: Jess Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 14/04/21 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by VesNL

If you press spacebar or 1, this should move things along.
Posted By: Maiandra Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 14/04/21 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by SavvyPanda
Apparently, every time I load a save my characters swap their weapons (from melee to ranged and back).

I was rather confused because Lae'zel was suddenly running around with her bow out and not her starting long sword on the nautiloid. It doesn't even have to be a character's turn or for them even to be in your party. I left Shadowheart at camp with her mace and shield equipped, had saved and reloaded, popped back in to grab her for a run in the crypts and, surprise! She has a crossbow on her back. I even got to watch Gale examining his mirror image, one with a quarterstaff and one with a crossbow.
It happens every time I reload. And it seems to happen with people not in the party as well. At the battle at the druid gate, the mercenary who usually uses a bow ended up swapping to her bare fists.

To be fair, I am using a drow druid that I made with the new patch and not with the hotfix. Don't know if that changes anything.

It's been doing this for me as well, and it's really annoying. Every time I load a game, I have to switch everyone back. And it did it for me both with a character created just before the hotfix and one created after, so I don't think that impacts it. I didn't actually notice it doing with anyone outside of my party members or camp members, but that might have just been me being unobservant.
Posted By: Alexandrite Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 14/04/21 11:46 PM
My list of bugs:

- I killed Ethel by shoving her off a cliff (hilarious), freed Mayrina and let her go off and raise her baby with a zombie (eww). Talked to the Masks, etc. Everyone in the game knows Ethel is dead - except my quest log, where it still says "seek help from Auntie Ethel". Log has not updated.
- Conversation cutscenes occasionally bugging out to a black screen, can still hear the NPC voice and see the text and progress the conversation, but the visual bugs out.
- Combat - I tell a character to go hit something or cast a spell that involves touching the target, they move and path around the target (my bad for selecting that pathing really) which opens them up to an attack by the target. They get attacked, possibly retaliate in response, but forget what skill/spell I told them to use so I have to do it again. Not sure this is intended?
- Character screen - after cycling through the characters sorting out their armour and such, I noticed that Shadowheart's "Worshipper of Shar" gets stuck and is visible for every character I click after. I'm pretty sure my Tiefling Druid was not a Shar worshipper! smile
- Also character screen - playing Tiefling Druid female, her skin and bra clips through the front of Drow armour. But only on the character screen, not in the game itself. Have not seen this with any other armour.
- Dream Lover - after character creation, I'm 99% sure I selected his hair to be dark brown, but when he showed up in the dream, his hair was all white. It could have been a last second mis-click at initial character creation, but I really don't think so as I was trying to re-create my husband's looks at the time (this was BEFORE I had any idea of who the Dream Lover was - never doing that again!!! Too creepy!)
- After spending the night with Astarion, none of the other party members had anything to say about it. Next morning's conversation goes straight to Halsin's explanation of where the team should go next, and talking to the other characters after only has all the usual recurring chat options. My husband's playthrough on a different computer did have character comments about his evening with Shadowheart, and I've read that the characters usually have something to say on your choice of partner, so I feel like I missed out on some party banter. frown
- Speaking of party banter, I've noticed on my husband's computer the characters are reasonably chatty throughout exploring (he usually runs with Shadowheart, Gale and Wyll). My team (Astarion, Shadowheart, Lae'zel) seemingly ran through all of their lines in one spot in the Forest area - and then nothing since! I don't know whether this is bugged, or this particular NPC combination just doesn't have much banter included yet, or it's somehow based on banter happening in one specific area, but mine have been more or less silent for the rest of my game.
Posted By: Alexandrite Re: Patch 4 - Bug Thread - 14/04/21 11:48 PM
Originally Posted by VesNL

Yep, this is definitely happening for me too. This book is problematic.
© Larian Studios forums