Larian Studios
Posted By: Adiktus Turn skipping in combat - 11/03/21 03:43 AM
Since the latest patch came out, I've had to be SUPER-careful in combat because I'm finding my characters are losing their turns for no particular reason. Sometimes when I press space, priority passes to characters way further down the turn order, and if they then take their turn, any characters before them in the turn order who have not yet taken their turn lose their turn altogether. (If you notice this has happened and manually select the skipped character, you can avoid this.)

I THINK this only happens when shared initiative kicks in - but when it does so, the first turn is sometimes/always given to the last character with shared initiative in the turn order. In my experience, this never happened in earlier patches.
Posted By: ArcticRevenge Re: Turn skipping in combat - 11/03/21 04:10 AM
This is something that's been happening to me since day 1 and it's really frustrating. And yeah only happens with shared initiative.
Posted By: GM4Him Re: Turn skipping in combat - 11/03/21 08:17 AM
Same. Since the beginning. It happens when surprising enemies A LOT. Not just shared initiative.

And I've also noticed it will skip a character's turn and have enemies go who are after their initiatives, then bounce back later to the skipped character's turn.

So Gale was third in order. 3 goblins came after him then Astarion. Gale got skipped, the 3 gobbos went, then Gale, then Astarion. ??? That's messed up.
Posted By: Madscientist Re: Turn skipping in combat - 11/03/21 12:05 PM
Yes, this can be a problem.
When several of your chars can act, make sure that ALL of them have used their actions before you press space.
Posted By: DaCaveman Re: Turn skipping in combat - 12/03/21 04:48 PM
Ive had this even without shared initiative, but when two characters take turns back to back. Ive lost some close fights a couple times because astarion just gets skipped randomly.
Posted By: AnotherTav Re: Turn skipping in combat - 12/03/21 09:26 PM
I've noticed the same problems as GM4Him - I think my character (anyone) is next, but suddenly 2 enemies lamp Gale (it's always Gale despite the new patch apparently not focusing on him), THEN my my character gets to go. I also find that in shared initiative it is not the 1st character in the sequence that get highlighted, but the second or even third. This stars with Lae in the tutorial.
© Larian Studios forums