Larian Studios
Posted By: Azurinna Gale quest not starting - 23/04/21 01:05 AM
Wizard of Waterdeep quest.. Gale has been with since I found him soon after crashing on the beach. Now, we are all level 4 and ready for heading to the underdark.. and he still hasn't begun his quest.. In the Journal it still just says, Continue traveling with Gale..

This is my 3rd play through the first act and in the first 2 times, the quest always starts early on, with a conversation about how he needs magical things.. then when I find one, it triggers again with him asking for it..

My question is.. Is this a glitch, or did the quest get changed so it triggers later?

Thanks
Azurinna
Posted By: footface Re: Gale quest not starting - 23/04/21 02:54 AM
I triggered it on my first play through and haven't triggered it since. I think it's tied to approval and long rests. If you raise his approval too high before triggering the scene, you're locked out. It could definitely use a tune up.
Posted By: Azurinna Re: Gale quest not starting - 23/04/21 03:13 AM
Originally Posted by footface
I triggered it on my first play through and haven't triggered it since. I think it's tied to approval and long rests. If you raise his approval too high before triggering the scene, you're locked out. It could definitely use a tune up.

Ahhh.. His rating is high.. I managed to get the discussion about how his Problem happened etc.. but he still isn't asking for magic items.. Oh well.. we can't finish his quest while still in act 1 anyway.. I will try not to let him get too happy with me too fast next time.. Hope Larian gets it "fixed" so it will start anyway.. Thanks
© Larian Studios forums