Larian Studios
I am trying to return to the grove and there is not convenient fast travel point free of goblins (I think this point should be located to the top floor just so it makes getting in and out easier just after eliminating the bosses).

Now the BUG.

I cannot climb down the wooden ladder while sneaking. I tried three party members. I have not tried without sneaking because it will just start a fight.
The ladder nearest the statue does not work. I can climb down the ladder facing the river while in sneak.
Ok, so I've encountered two separate times where I instruct my party members to go up a ladder and when they get to the top of the ladder they begin to go back down the ladder then slowly phase through it. This happened once while in the Goblin camp right behind the portal during combat and when I was fighting the patrol in the mountain pass.

Also, if anyone could help me with this problem I am having with my companions, that would be great. I am doing my first run through of patch five (played through the game in patch 4), and it came to my attention that I am having problems with Gale's scenes. I made sure to long rest plenty of times in my game (I looked back and I've long rested about 20 times) and talk to my companions before I full rest in camp, but only one Gale scene has triggered for me so far. I also made sure to rotate my party often. I am currently in the Underdark and have exceptional approval with him. I have had the "I like what I see..." chat with him as well as revived him with the flute and everything- but I never had the Mystra conversation about the orb or the Weave scene like in my previous playthrough. He told me to come to him the day after the party for the "bed time story" (I romanced Astarion this play through), and that scene never triggered. If anyone has any tips or tricks, please let me know! smile
I have seen multiple cases where a PC or NPC climbed a latter and then went right back down.
the Rootladder at the Sussur tree going up to that Filro the Forgotten.
PArty climbs up ladder and when reaching top just climb down again. Seems thers not enough space to instantly stay on top there.
The really fun one is when you climb the ladder/vines and then when you get to the top it just drops you all the way down below the level you climbed to possibly to your death.

The Ladder to the Bridge on the Gith encounter does that.
Also the vine ladder on the way to the beholder encounter in the underdark.
Posted By: GM4Him Up and Down Ladders - 27/07/21 06:34 PM
I've been experiencing a lot of characters constantly climbing up and down ladders. The most recent was during the Gith fight. I tried to climb up the ladder onto the walkway above the road and my character would climb it and immediately climb right back down. He'd also not only climb back down, but he'd be under the platform below. I'd click on the ladder again, and he'd climb back up and then down again. This time, he'd at least be on the platform.

But this is the worst example. Most of the time it just happens when I'm running around. I'll climb up or down some place, and my characters will follow, climb up or down with me, and then immediately turn around and climb back up or down the way we'd come. I've left companions behind multiple times and had to go after them or control them manually.
Posted By: Kajsentlyha Re: Up and Down Ladders - 28/07/21 08:21 PM
Something similar happened to me in the Hag's lair. When I got to the ladder past the waterfall I couldn't go down. I got a "Can't reach" message and had to jump down. When I tried to go back up, my character climbed the ladder and then immediately moved down with no animation, he just floated back down and through the ladder, ending up behind it.
Posted By: TheHero Re: Up and Down Ladders - 29/07/21 10:16 AM
It seems item positions and world coordinates are not same.
So thats why so many things in Patch 5 are unreachable and ladders are disfunctional,
bec. start and end of ladder are not synced too with world positions, for a clean transfer of characters
from world > Ladder > world coordinates.
Posted By: Capularis Re: Up and Down Ladders - 30/07/21 09:29 PM
I've been experiencing the same issue--characters either unable to climb specific ladders/vines at all, or the entire party going into a broken climb up the ladder then back down the ladder loop. Can confirm this behavior occurring with: the longest vine ladder by the Sussur tree in the Underdark, the vine ladder in the Swamp near the large tree stump, the longest ladder on the bridge by the Gith patrol, and with the longest ladder going down into the Hag's lair. I specifically noticed these after the latest hotfix. Prior to this week's hotfix (but still in Patch 5), these were all working for me.
Posted By: EvilVik Bug with climbing in patch 5 - 31/07/21 10:38 AM
There seems to be a lot of climbable objects that are misplaced in the game. Trying to climb knotted roots on the sussur tree is totally bugged. You climb up and glide down to the bottom again, as if they are not attached to the tree above.
Seen this in several places in patch 5.
Posted By: Xothan Goblin Camp Navmesh - 31/07/21 07:34 PM
This playthrough I noticed the Goblin Camp Navmesh is really broken. Ladders that you climb up one side and down the other, they do not connect to any surface but the ground. I started a battle on the upper tier of the goblin camp. I specifically watched the goblin Crusher climb up and down the same ladder, the run into the castle wall and pop up out of the floor. I also had goblins climbing up vines and popping out of crates and piles of rubble. When I cast grease centered on the area the goblins were appearing from, it exploded on Gale and Shadowheart some 20-25 meters away and the were not even close to the grease AOE. There were several similar instances inside the defiled temple as well.
Posted By: RGiskard19 Re: Bug with climbing in patch 5 - 31/07/21 09:19 PM
Same happens to me, but it's strange, it doesn't seem to behave same way all the time. After some retries some characters started climbing a ladder that was unclimbable a moment ago...
Posted By: hellraizer Re: Bug with climbing in patch 5 - 01/08/21 07:11 PM
I experienced the same issue and took a screenshot of it. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2563437073
Posted By: maxoverload Re: Bug with climbing in patch 5 - 05/08/21 04:54 AM
I've been having the same issue at the ladder in the goblin camp, as well as some ladders/vines in the second to last part of Auntie Ethel's cave (unfortunately, it took me a while to figure out how to get down without those ladders. At first I thought I'd broken the ladders by blowing up the spore clouds and they'd just glitched and not broken physically, but now that it's happening in other places where I haven't had combat, I'm more certain it's a bug related to ladders themselves.

I am wondering if this has anything to do with all the inaccessible loot I'm seeing now. There are a lot of items that you used to be able to pick up (the metallic gloves in one of the carts in the Grove, for example, that are no longer accessible. Did the hitboxes for items/objects or the range at which characters can interact with an object change recently?
I think we need to sign the Larian team up for a class at Greendale Community College.

Posted By: yttihs Ladder/Vine/Rock Glitch - 09/08/21 02:43 PM
There are several ladders or vine or rock glitch I encountered so far.
I press on the object (ladder/vine/rock), and my character starts the climbing up animation.
As it reaches the top, it suddenly glitches and perform a 'Jackie Chan' stun where it immediately glide downwards.
Sometimes the character can reach an area that could not be reached, e.g. the bottom of a slump or even inside a rock!
And my character get stuck. I will have to choose another character and hopefully, that stuck character would eventually and miraculously follow my currently selected character.
One is at the Zhentarim Hideout near the locked doors.
Second is at UnderDark near the Beholder.
Posted By: KingTiki Re: Ladder/Vine/Rock Glitch - 13/08/21 06:20 AM
Yes, they seem buggy atm. I fought the Githyanki yesterday and they tried climbing up, but glitched through the ladder halfway through and were stuck in between the ladder and the rock.
Posted By: polliwagwhirl Re: Ladder/Vine/Rock Glitch - 13/08/21 07:22 PM
Yes, I have also encountered these buggy ladders. The Knotted Roots in Ethel's lair (location X: -371, Y: 548) cannot be climbed.
© Larian Studios forums