Larian Studios
Posted By: MarcoNeves Device_Lost Error: constant crashes! - 03/08/21 09:54 AM
Dear Larian Devs:

Pleaase let us know what is going on with this crash issue and if you are aware of it. It's been reported on Reddit as well. I have a powerful laptop PC with an RTX 2080, so I'm assuming this is part of EA woes.

Does anyone know what causes it and what can be done to avoid it? The game has crashed 4 times in two days now, with "Device_Lost" always being the Error.[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
Posted By: MarcoNeves Re: Device_Lost Error: constant crashes! - 03/08/21 09:56 AM
This Device Lost error keeps happening (restarting, updating drivers, switching to directx11... it does not matter). It might make things temporarily work fine, but eventually, it happens again, even with a powerful rig.
Posted By: Mercury4711 Re: Device_Lost Error: constant crashes! - 03/08/21 10:01 AM
Have played somewhere between 20 and 30 hours on patch 5 and encountered this crash at least 20 times. Really frustrating, cause during first ea release and patch 3 i had maybe 10 crashes in total with almost 100 hours played in that timeframe.
Posted By: MarcoNeves Re: Device_Lost Error: constant crashes! - 03/08/21 11:25 AM
Originally Posted by Mercury4711
Have played somewhere between 20 and 30 hours on patch 5 and encountered this crash at least 20 times. Really frustrating, cause during first ea release and patch 3 i had maybe 10 crashes in total with almost 100 hours played in that timeframe.

Right?! Exactly! Thank you for replying.

I'm going to keep bumping this until we get some sort of acknoledgement.
Posted By: Jess Re: Device_Lost Error: constant crashes! - 03/08/21 02:24 PM
This is a known issue - please send these details along with your system specs through to our support team at support@larian.com so we can investigate further.
Posted By: MarcoNeves Re: Device_Lost Error: constant crashes! - 03/08/21 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by Jess Larian
This is a known issue - please send these details along with your system specs through to our support team at support@larian.com so we can investigate further.
Thank you, Jess!
Posted By: classl3ss Re: Device_Lost Error: constant crashes! - 04/08/21 12:59 PM
Thanks for replying! It's helpful to know what we player/testers should be doing follow-up on smile
Posted By: GS3 Re: Device_Lost Error: constant crashes! - 07/08/21 09:59 PM
I have SOLVED the issues Vulcan Crashing and/or game stop loading and or crash, for me it was a DEVICE LOST error. In Task Manager-Processes- I went through on BG3.exe, LariLauncher.exe, CefSharp BrowserSubprocess's that are present under LariLauncher in Task Manager-Processes-Command Line Section they all start with C:\Program Files x86\Steam\…\…\Baldur's Gate 3\Launcher....Right click and In their Properties I changed these things: Compatibility Run as admin and in settings for all users i changed admin for all users, under Security I changed all Permissions to-Full in Advanced I added with inheritance enabled: Everyone, Systems, Local Services, Users, My Account name, and All Applications I think this one was the one that actually fixed the problem.
© Larian Studios forums