Larian Studios
Posted By: Mindgame26 Stadia... Difficulties - 30/10/21 07:30 PM
Stadia controller and Chromecast Ultra
1. Aiming during combat. Especially when multiple elevations are involved. The reticle seems to drop through surfaces.
2. Interacting/aiming outside of combat. Many items are completely impossible to interact with outside of turn based mode. This is a much bigger deal when you consider the likelihood of walking right past objects never realizing you can interact with them.
3. Confirming options when leveling up. Trying to do so also confirms the level up. If, for instance, you want to change both selected cantrips and spells... Too bad, you're out of luck, you can only change one or the other.
4. Jumpy cursor. It's massively improved, especially moving left. But you'll still end up at the far end of a list moving right.
5. Equipping items. You can't from the equipment menu. You have to go to your inventory. Which leads to having to equip in certain orders for off hand/main hand.
Edit:
6. NPC Combat The issue with NPC's sometimes not doing anything during their turn has not been fixed.
Edit 2:
7. Trading Trading on controller is broken, you have to use bartering. Don't forget to cancel the attack command after holding A to confirm. I'm guessing this is probably related to issue 3.
Posted By: EquinoxAlpha Re: Stadia... Difficulties - 30/10/21 08:30 PM
I've experienced all of these, currently patch 6 on stadia is so bugged, it's pretty much unplayable.

I think they knew these problems existed and decided to launch anyway cause it's gonna take ages to fix them and would have delayed patch 6 on stadia by months.

What they should have done is communicated the issues and explained that patch 6 would not appear on stadia until these game breaking bugs had been resolved.

Pushing out now means the entire game is unplayable.

Poor decision making and dreadful communication strategy.
Posted By: Mindgame26 Re: Stadia... Difficulties - 30/10/21 08:36 PM
Don't know about months, and I'm still playing... But yeah, I'm disappointed with the communication this time. I'd rather have a month wait communicated to me for a good release than a 2 week silent treatment followed by a buggy, difficult to play surprise release.
And... No. An explanation of behind the scenes stuff we already understand followed by "we don't want to guess" most certainly does NOT count as communication.
Posted By: EquinoxAlpha Re: Stadia... Difficulties - 30/10/21 09:11 PM
Communications is my job, so it's easy for me to see the flaws, my recommendations to Larian is to employ a decent communications lead to form overall coms strategy.

Engaging directly with the community and making them feel genuinely part of the process of creating BG3 is the way forward.
Posted By: Mindgame26 Re: Stadia... Difficulties - 30/10/21 11:06 PM
6. NPC Combat The issue with NPC's sometimes not doing anything during their turn has not been fixed on Stadia
Posted By: Oklem Re: Stadia... Difficulties - 31/10/21 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by Mindgame26
3. Confirming options when leveling up. Trying to do so also confirms the level up. If, for instance, you want to change both selected cantrips and spells... Too bad, you're out of luck, you can only change one or the other.

That one also happens at character creation when choosing cantrips with my Stadia controller on the Stadia app on my Galaxy S10
Posted By: ShaolinStoner Re: Stadia... Difficulties - 31/10/21 07:28 PM
I have also experienced every one of these bugs playing on stadia with the controller. I don't find them to be game-breaking but they certainly are annoying.
Posted By: ShaolinStoner Re: Stadia... Difficulties - 31/10/21 07:31 PM
My apologies, just double posted for some reason. I couldn't find an option to delete. I'm so sorry.
Posted By: The Composer Re: Stadia... Difficulties - 31/10/21 08:02 PM
Fixed smile
Posted By: Fallen JeStEr Re: Stadia... Difficulties - 01/11/21 12:52 AM
1 and 6 isn’t just a stadia issue. Definitely happens with steam and im assuming with gog as well.
Posted By: Mindgame26 Re: Stadia... Difficulties - 01/11/21 01:36 AM
Originally Posted by Fallen JeStEr
1 and 6 isn’t just a stadia issue. Definitely happens with steam and im assuming with gog as well.
Not sure about 1, but 6 was supposedly fixed by the last hotfix. Just sort of assumed they maybe missed it on Stadia. And just to be clear, number 1 isn't talking about an occasional glitch... But every single time the cursor is moved to a different elevation.
Posted By: CalculonChaney Re: Stadia... Difficulties - 01/11/21 07:21 AM
1-6 +

Barter is completely broken on controllers, I can sell one item at a time, as long as I remember to say no to attacking...
Posted By: EquinoxAlpha Re: Stadia... Difficulties - 01/11/21 09:34 AM
When you can't move your ranged character to higher ground in a fight because the camera shoots through the floor, I'd call that game-breaking.

When you walk straight past an important item or can't interact with a character or use inventory items between characters in a fight, I'd call that game-breaking.
Posted By: Mindgame26 Re: Stadia... Difficulties - 01/11/21 12:01 PM
Meh... Certainly game royalpaininthebuttifying, but I'm still playing. Game breaking means it's can't be played. This "just" requires an amazing amount of persistence which, to be fair, no gamer who paid for something should ever have to display.
Posted By: Mindgame26 Re: Stadia... Difficulties - 01/11/21 12:06 PM
7. Trading Trading on controller is broken, you have to use bartering. Don't forget to cancel the attack command after holding A to confirm. I'm guessing this is probably related to issue 3.
Posted By: Mindgame26 Re: Stadia... Difficulties - 01/11/21 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by CalculonChaney
1-6 +

Barter is completely broken on controllers, I can sell one item at a time, as long as I remember to say no to attacking...

That's weird, I can barter as many items as I like. Trading is completely off the rails.
Posted By: EquinoxAlpha Re: Stadia... Difficulties - 01/11/21 05:34 PM
That's your definition of game-breaking, mine on the other hand is bugs that prevent the game from doing the things it was supposed to... like moving to elevated areas or interacting with important story items.
Posted By: iBowfish Re: Stadia... Difficulties - 01/11/21 09:30 PM
We've encountered all of the above plus the addition of the following:

In co-op game, Stadia, using controllers (one on PC, on on Chromcast). During combat, both main characters end combat down. After enemies were killed, one of the recruits entered turn based mode in an attempt to "Help" the down main characters that were pushed off screen. At this point both of us were unable to exit turn based mode after movement to limit.

It's pretty rough playing...ugh
Posted By: CalculonChaney Re: Stadia... Difficulties - 02/11/21 04:09 AM
Originally Posted by Mindgame26
Originally Posted by CalculonChaney
1-6 +

That's weird, I can barter as many items as I like. Trading is completely off the rails.

Yeah turns out it was a bit of a fluke, I reloaded and it fixed, the cancel attack each time is still there though.
Posted By: EquinoxAlpha Re: Stadia... Difficulties - 02/11/21 09:08 AM
Random bugs still appear, one time I loaded a game and all the graphics were messed up with lots of polygons surfaces flashing white and black randomly all across the map. A reload fixed that too.
Posted By: JandK Re: Stadia... Difficulties - 04/11/21 04:09 AM
One of the problems I'm having in Stadia is that the game occasionally crashes while I'm trying to save.

It doesn't happen every time I save, but it's frequent, like every few times.
Posted By: dza101 Re: Stadia... Difficulties - 04/11/21 05:28 AM
Originally Posted by JandK
One of the problems I'm having in Stadia is that the game occasionally crashes while I'm trying to save.

same. combined with crashing during big fights makes for a frustrating time.
Posted By: JandK Re: Stadia... Difficulties - 04/11/21 07:18 AM
Originally Posted by dza101
Originally Posted by JandK

same. combined with crashing during big fights makes for a frustrating time.

I just came across a new one in the Underdark. I summoned the ogres with the horn and immediately attacked them to get the headband. One left before I could kill him, just disappeared. Now the name "Chock" with 19 hp won't go away at the top, middle section of the screen. It'll briefly disappear when I click on something else, but the name Chock just keeps coming back.

And suddenly, I'm not sure why, but I can't unchain my main character.. That part happened after I went through the magic faerie rings. The camera also went all screwy when I was trying to jump up the disappearing mushrooms.

Weird. I closed out. Hopefully, whatever the problem is will go away when I reload. Fingers crossed.
Posted By: EquinoxAlpha Re: Stadia... Difficulties - 04/11/21 09:31 AM
I also have a dead harpeis with 0HP stuck and always on my screen, I'm about halfway through this playthrough and I'm using it as a nav beacon lol smile
Posted By: EquinoxAlpha Re: Stadia... Difficulties - 04/11/21 04:30 PM
The way to get around this is to jump onto the pc and use stadia through a browser, get past the fight then save, then go back to the controller.
Posted By: JDark8415 Re: Stadia... Difficulties - 05/11/21 05:11 AM
I've been having the same issues but for some reason I can't play from my saves. I haven't had any issues with graphics, I've been playing on my TV and controller and it's been great but it lags and not being able to communicate with companions. I hear there voices but they are not there.
Posted By: ShaolinStoner Re: Stadia... Difficulties - 12/11/21 01:56 AM
Another issue I found on stadia today is that it's impossible to choose and accept a reward. I found the woman in Wakeens Rest who wants us to find the Duke. She offers a choice between two rewards. To accept you are supposed to hold the a button but it doesn't register. There is no way to back out no. There is no way to accept the reward with the controller. Holding the a button down does nothing.
Posted By: EquinoxAlpha Re: Stadia... Difficulties - 13/11/21 01:07 PM
Perhaps some acknowledgment from Larian about these issues wouldn't go amiss...
Posted By: Joep Re: Stadia... Difficulties - 16/11/21 08:42 PM
Ok Not the only one I see.
Crashes while saving and in events.
Crashing in lava with the lava elemental a lot.
© Larian Studios forums