Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
This one was co-built with Dreadyork and Krombopulous Skunk. It is the highest DPS build we are currently aware of.

Choose Shield Dwarf and the following stats

Class: Ranger

Starting Stats:
Str: 17 (20) with ASI and Hag's hair
Dex: 14
Con: 16
Int: 8
Wis: 12
Cha: 8

Choose Entertainer or Soldier Background for Athletics, then grab Acrobatics, Sleight of Hand and Stealth.
Choose Ranger Knight
Choose Wasteland Wanderer Fire
Choose Two Weapon Fighting Style (Proficiency bonus damage to offhand weapon)
Choose Colossus Slayer

You are dual wielding Torches - Torches do 1d4 Bludgeoning Plus 1d4 fire damage and are light weapons.

-->You CAN apply Poison to Torches<--

Damage looks like this with Poison, Ring of Fire(+1 fire damage whenever fire damage is applied) and Colossus Slayer:

3d4 + 6 + 3d4 + 6 + 1d8 (colossus slayer) + Burning = 20-48 damage

It's important to note that Fiery Burning from the Gloves of Flint and Steel applies its Burn damage the round that it gets applied (if you fail your CON save) as if you had ALSO stepped in actual fire.

What we don't currently know is if you fail saves from BOTH torches if you get hit twice that same round. We are testing this now. It's a DC 8 Con save so its hard to fail (25% chance)

I also suspect that the Ring of Fire may be applying its damage to Hot little Hands in additional to the hits from the torches.

If you manage to be at range on round 1 and can get hunters mark on the target then it increased the damage by 2d6 plus they are Burning if they fail the con save.
So with Poison, Burning Fury, Hot Little Hands, Colossus Slayer and Hunters Mark

1d4 (Bludgeoning) + 1d4 (fire) + 1d4 (Poison) + 1 (Burning Fury + 5 (str modifier) + 1d4 (Hot little hands) + 1D6 (Hunter's Mark) +1d4 (OH Bludgeoning) + 1D4 (OH Fire) + 1D4 (OH Poison) +1 (Burning Fury) + 5 (OH Str modifier) + 1d8 (Colossus Slayer) + 1d6 (OH Hunters Mark).

Possible damage of 22- 59 damage!

See below for the damage from a single round attack using the action and bonus action. This did 43 damage and I am not certain what all the damage means. I think we actually broke the game with this build.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Key Equipment:
Two Standard Torches
Scale Mail +1
Heavy Crossbow +1
Gloves of Flint and Steel
Ring of Fire
Crusher's Ring
Helmet of Grit
Broodmother's Revenge
Boots of Speed

I will update with additional information.

Last edited by Blackheifer; 21/12/21 07:47 PM.

Blackheifer
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
-->You CAN apply Poison to Torches<--.

THAT seems like an error that needs to be fixed.

More interesting would be to see if torches can be dipped in fire for additional fire damage xD

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Clivehusker
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
-->You CAN apply Poison to Torches<--.

THAT seems like an error that needs to be fixed.

Correct. You should not be able to apply poison to an object on fire. It's one or the other. However, its bug with items which have "fire" as an ability.

Originally Posted by EvilVik
More interesting would be to see if torches can be dipped in fire for additional fire damage xD

I like the cut of your jib, worth a shot right?

Blackheifer
X
journeyman
journeyman
X
If we're speaking bugged builds I think I got some improvements. Still theoretical, the playthrough to do this is a bit of a slog(Gotta kill Spaw and the Meregon without camping). I'll update more once I do it.

Verified some things with Barbs, but have to go back and do it again with Ranger and Sorcerer to max it out. It's possible to do 1 scroll cast and 1 permanent Flame Blade, dual Ring of Fire, Gloves of Flint and Steel and have a party wearing 13 (2 custom MCs, 2 companions, Glut, Halsin, Sazza, 4 spore servants, 2 companion spore servants) Devilfoil masks for +12 STR, hitting the cap of 30.

Multiple Rings of Fire and Gloves of Flint and Steel are pretty mean. The gloves proc chance to cause burning on each ring's bonus damage(and seemingly on the subsequent burning damage). The rings proc once each on the burning the gloves inflict. I've gotten up to 7 rounds of burning on a glitched Mossy Myconid that wouldn't turn hostile, and that would autoheal to keep itself from dying. Keep in mind, a lot of the time it died on first swing just using Gale.

Apparently Wild Magic:Enchant Weapons +1d4 force damage is currently permanent. Testing will require a bunch of savescumming. I do not know if it can apply to Flame Blades yet(possibly not, cause they can't be dipped or poisoned, Broodmother's Revenge doesn't effect them). Foregoing the Sorc, it's possible to have 12 masks and dual permanent flame blades for all party members.

Anyone know if the Circlet of Fire is still somewhere? It's no longer in the chests in Shattered Sanctum, nor a reward for rescuing people from the burning building in Waukeen's Rest.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Whoah ... that is some serious theorycrafting. laugh
I take my hat off to you.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
X
journeyman
journeyman
X
Dual Ring of Fire with Gloves of Flint and Steel is terrifying with barrelmancy.

stranger
stranger
Best thread I have read so far hehe

Great work - keep it up..

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by xnihil0zer0
Dual Ring of Fire with Gloves of Flint and Steel is terrifying with barrelmancy.

good one

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by xnihil0zer0

Holy shit, you should report that. So funny though!

Blackheifer

Link Copied to Clipboard