Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#807202 08/02/22 08:44 PM
P
Psi8889 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
I know it's still in discussion with Larian regarding the level cap. I would love to be able to go up to level 20, and yes I know when you're like a level 20 wizard you are basically a god. I'm not going to fight you on that but this a video game and how many of you get to play a lvl 20 character? Who doesn't want to be a god?

enthusiast
enthusiast
I don't think level 20 has ever been in the cards. The initial cap was supposed to be 10, with Larian later saying that they would push it up, but haven't been specific on a particular cap. I doubt it will be anywhere near 20 though, as I can't imagine a game where you add so much content that all of a sudden you need 10 additionnal levels. My opinion.

As for the ''level 20 wizards are basically gods'', keep in mind this isn't AD&D 2ed anymore. Any level 20 characters are really powerful now. The power scale between different classes now is much more balanced than in previous editions. Again, my opinion.

Last edited by Gt27mustang; 08/02/22 10:12 PM.
old hand
old hand
I think it would be utterly foolish to even aim for something like that. Better to make a qualitative campaign that settles for max lvl 12 or something similar than trying to cram out spells that are freakishly hard to implement in a computer game (I am looking at you "Wish", amongst many others). Not to mention enemy types and such. Also, personal preference: I don't like getting to the point where shit becomes ridiculously epic. That crap bores the heck out of me. Hell, I even think level 12 is way too high, but I can at least accept something like that.

enthusiast
enthusiast
if the maximum lv is lv 20, then all PHB classes/subclasses features must be made into the game. Plus all spells from lv1-lv9 have to be there too, and some features & spells can't be directly transferred into this game.

G
enthusiast
enthusiast
G
Lvl 4 and lvl 20 are totally different game imho. But what stops them selling High Level Character Pack? Its massive growth from lvl 1 to lvl 30 in tabletop. I dont think video game can really do that. Most RPG games do acting. I think Larian should be different. Lvl 20 dude solo 5 Giants and Dragon easily. Lvl 1 dude kills Rats in the basement.

Last edited by GreatWarrioX; 09/02/22 07:06 AM.
A
apprentice
apprentice
A
I hope they leave that for an expansion. It would not be a good idea to reach level 20 now.

P
Psi8889 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
I just want to be able to cast at 9 LVL spells. Rarely do D&D campaigns get to cast those types of spells, I know it's a lot of work but come on you know all of you want to see and cast Meteor Swarm :P

veteran
veteran
I would like to have some kind of "max level feature" aviable even if we dont get to level 20.

And i admit without a torture that is just bcs i dont like multiclassing. :-/
Or even simplier i just believe that people who will play their class as a pure one, should also get some bonuses. :P

I mean that should be the whole point no? You can invest few levels to different class and get some interesting feature, but you will no longer be able to reach its "max level feature" ... well, if we dont reach max level anyway, what is the harm? :-/

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 11/02/22 03:41 PM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
journeyman
journeyman
Not particularly. I don't play these types of games for spectacular visuals, and Meteor Swarm, at the end of the day, is a simple damage-dealing spell. The more interesting lvl9 spells, if implemented at all, are likely to be limited in scope. Just look at the Command spell – dead useful and versatile when playing at the table, but cut down to one use in the videdogame. At a hypothetical level 20, I think we can expect similar treatment when it comes to spells like Wish or Imprisonment, and spells like Gate or Astral Projection are likely to be skipped over altogether. With that in mind, I don't think level 20 it would add much to the experience.

If you want a story with an epic scope, OP, you should pick up Pathfinder: WotR (if you haven't already). You can get up to level 40 in that game if you play your cards right, so it might be up your alley.

veteran
veteran
High level play gets stale really fast.

The content required is so specific since only epic god / planar / world ending stuff challenges you. A BG campaign could go there but hopefully not in the first game. It takes two long games or a trilogy to map out an entire adventuring career from 1 to 20.

And D&D always plays best around 5-12. PCs who are powerful enough to destroy entire cities single handedly are a bit ridiculous and problematic for creating credible worlds. When video games start spamming giants and dragons at you at every turn just for challenging encounters the credibility is leaving the building.

S
S
Level 12 would be a nice cap for BG3. That way there is always a chance they continue the story to level 20 in a sequel (which I would not mind).

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Scales & Fangs
Level 12 would be a nice cap for BG3. That way there is always a chance they continue the story to level 20 in a sequel (which I would not mind).

Nature: red in tooth and claw.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Personally I would like to see a CRPG with no level advancement at all or even negative one as consequence of all the trauma of fighting monsters.

A
addict
addict
A
Originally Posted by Psi8889
I know it's still in discussion with Larian regarding the level cap. I would love to be able to go up to level 20, and yes I know when you're like a level 20 wizard you are basically a god. I'm not going to fight you on that but this a video game and how many of you get to play a lvl 20 character? Who doesn't want to be a god?

as much as i want it, i can safely say that its' not possible with baldur's gate 3. the way i see it they are not making a high level campaign. more like a low and probably mid level end game.
that is why there will be a lot of frustrations on the dice rolls for a low level campaign.

P
Psi8889 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
I would love to see some High-Level content if we go mid-ranged with the highest being LVL 15 with some added DLC for chance to be a level 20 character that would be cool. I would love it if they just keep adding content as there are not a lot of D&D video games out now( yes I know there Pathfinder but I just like the world of the forgotten realms better) and I see it take off and become something more. This is just my hope...

Last edited by Psi8889; 14/02/22 07:18 PM.
G
enthusiast
enthusiast
G
Originally Posted by greathero999
Personally I would like to see a CRPG with no level advancement at all or even negative one as consequence of all the trauma of fighting monsters.

Ive thought it as well, maybe Larian should forget level advancement, it would be more fun. If one dude in your party is lvl 16, and one is lvl 2, you wanna gear up this kid good. Some high lvl god-like NPC could join for your hardest battles etc. Or what if your lvl 16 dude leaves your party? How you are gonna survive now.

It might be too late, maybe for Larian's next game? Or maybe CDPR should do own CRPG.

Last edited by GreatWarrioX; 15/02/22 12:47 AM.
veteran
veteran
D&D used to have level drains. And, there are RPGs that don't have level advancements. You just gain skill points and slowly build stats.

I think LOTR had one like that on PS2, if I recall.

old hand
old hand
You can be all that you can be,
once you finally hit level twenty.
Oh, don't you see?
It allows for the greatest murder spree.
Uh...excuse me.
I meant "The unusually aggressive liberation of treasure from any lower-level party."

P
Psi8889 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
Sir the treasure wanted to be freed...into my hands.

T
Banned
Banned
T
I am totally against max level 20. I have played also Pen and Paper Dungeons Dragons. I do like level 1-13...
I guess max level is 10-15.
Max level in BG1 was level 7.

I guess that in full release max level is 10-15. Example maybe max level is 12. Another think if they would do this more time and I want full release in Janurary-June 2023... hopefully full release in January-Mars 2023.
Please I do not want max level and then full release in 2024 thank you.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 19/02/22 11:19 PM.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard