Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by CitizenBurns
I may just be ignorant here, but why is the Path of the Totem Warrior named Wildheart? I mean, Wildheart does kind of sound cooler but they've gone by the book for most naming conventions so far, why change now? Random? Sure. But this has burrowed into my brain and I can't get it out.

They homebrewed enough of it to justify a name-change, perhaps at the request of WotC.

I kinda hope they homebrew the Monk Way of the Drunken Master subclass to actually makes use of all the wine laying around

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Eagle Pursuit
I may just be ignorant here, but why is the Path of the Totem Warrior named Wildheart? I mean, Wildheart does kind of sound cooler but they've gone by the book for most naming conventions so far, why change now? Random? Sure. But this has burrowed into my brain and I can't get it out.

They homebrewed enough of it to justify a name-change, perhaps at the request of WotC.

I kinda hope they homebrew the Monk Way of the Drunken Master subclass to actually makes use of all the wine laying around

I see it in this way:

As like in Movies made out of books or these times even out of Video games, the Movie is just an interpretation of the original to tell allmost same story but tailored to movie watching. Reading or playing is a totally different thing to experience.
So i dont have a problem seeing Baldurs Gate 3 as an interpretation of Real D&D Rules to make the game more fluid and playable in a way you can better enjoy it.
So its is kind of homebrewing and then some..
As Homebrewing or Tailoring the original to the current project, some things need to have other Names to not Confuse people.
I mean f.e. you talk with your D&D Buddys bout BG3 and then talking to them bout skills how they work and then your buddy permanently interupts you telling you why you are explaining Skills with totally other way of working.
There you see, it makes sense to rename something so the Top RPG Players knowing everything from Rulebook arent offendet and can easily see that something has been altered, but is a vial option just for the PC Gameversion, instead trying to make a Tabletop Version of a said skill too cumbersome in the Game.

Last edited by TheHero; 18/02/22 03:15 PM.
I
journeyman
journeyman
I
Any news when we roughly will get patch 7 for mac?

L
addict
addict
L
Originally Posted by Irons
Any news when we roughly will get patch 7 for mac?
Your best bet is to follow Larian on Twitter for news on the mac patch. Based on the volume of new bugs showing up here and on the subreddit, I’m happy to wait if they roll it out along with the next hotfix

A
journeyman
journeyman
A
many great changes in this patch but the fact that you still have to put all your spells back on your bar on a level up, wild shape or reload is properly infuriating. I cannot understand why any ux designer would suggest to randomize button mapping.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Its not randomized for final version.
Try to think of it as just filling up the slots, because the functionality to work propper as everybody wants it to be, is or has not been programmed yet.
But game can be played wiith current state, obviously annyoing though.

The new UI Interface is so much better now then before, but ofc theres some things/infos missing in it we had before and the new slot Quickbar options arent perfected yet.
All will be ironed out in time.
Meantime we fill Larian in with information what works and what does not.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Please fix the hotbar bug on stadia with the controller. It makes the game completely unplayable.

addict
addict

I hadn't noticed that as I don't play TT, but it might have just been as a tip of the hat to the youtuber they invited onto the Panel From Hell stream. His youtube name is "WolfheartFPS", so they may have thought Wildheart Barbarian sounded better than Totem Warrior Barbarian.

If I'm honest, I think Wildheart Barbarian sounds both cooler, and more descriptive, so I have no problem with it at all.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by etonbears
I hadn't noticed that as I don't play TT, but it might have just been as a tip of the hat to the youtuber they invited onto the Panel From Hell stream. His youtube name is "WolfheartFPS", so they may have thought Wildheart Barbarian sounded better than Totem Warrior Barbarian.

If I'm honest, I think Wildheart Barbarian sounds both cooler, and more descriptive, so I have no problem with it at all.

That's an interesting thought that didn't occur to me.

I just thought it was an issue with not wanting to use the word totem, as if doing so would be considered cultural appropriation.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Or they decided to remove "totems" for gameplay purposes.
(It would be quite a Drag to search for wolf tooth, toger claw, elk horn, or eagle feather)
Not to mention it would either need spwcial slot in equipment ... or it would take one permanently.

And then they realized that there is no longer reason to call it totem warrior.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
B
journeyman
journeyman
B
I hope a hotfix is on its way.
The new UI bar is mangled/randomized/jeopardised when you reload the game (or actually even in game).

I don't mind the various glitches and bugs noticeably during the cinematics (old and recent alike), I hope we can help identify them while playing.
However it's a different matter here and it's beyond my understanding. Apparently no basic testing revealed such a bug affecting the UI HUD, one of the two major features of the patch release.
Or perhaps it's just me and a few other players under specific conditions. Please let us know. Thanks.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
#metoo

enthusiast
enthusiast
A quick look at SteamDB indicates a hotfix is, in fact, in the works.

enthusiast
enthusiast
On stadia with controller inventory is bugged everywhere (vendors, equipment, etc). First selection works, then the pages go blank and you need to cycle with r1 and l1 to make it re appear.

B
journeyman
journeyman
B
Originally Posted by Eagle Pursuit
A quick look at SteamDB indicates a hotfix is, in fact, in the works.

Unfortunately HotFix 20 doesn't fix the problem related to the hotbar settings persistence badsmile

A
journeyman
journeyman
A
I must say, many good changes and fixes were made in this patch, I'm conducting my traditional "let's try everything I know doesn't work to see what breaks" run and I can see hard work everywhere.

that being said, the aim is to perfect this game so, let's continue talking about what can be improved...

I had an infinite black screen in between the "Argh.Let me through, mragreshem, or I'll rip your damned throat out!" and the "You - apparently Kagha wants to see you. Go ahead." scenes at the druid camp because I was behind the druids... I tried four times, the third I got a crash. to get there, just use feather fall... in the previous patch, doing so shuffled every npc except the one talking in the second scene, it was hilarious to see lae'zel being a bear, shadowheart being a gnome and gale thinking (wishing) he was me...

after the harpies, the kid talked to gale when my character was selected and shadowheart was the closest to him. no idea why...

the lights beams in the underdark temple are misaligned with the holes.

although the companions are now more tolerant regarding where they think they should be standing, they still go play with ladders, jump in place and are an overall liability regarding traps... I will run more tests, for science...

dos2 had a grid to specify where the followers should be standing relative to the party leader and it was rather useful in dangerous environment... I can't seem to find it in bg3, has it been scrapped ?

Last edited by auriejir; 25/02/22 04:45 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Without reading the whole thread... inventory management is even more tedious than ever. Dropping an item was all of a right click so not seeing the need to be able to drag objects to the ground but what we did get in the process is making it even harder to put things in containers. So, instead of making it so we can drag items directly onto a container now the far right column of boxes generally allow the item to passthrough to the ground causing all manner of frustration. Also, we still have no shortcut to send items to camp which I know I use far more frequently than add to wares.

Inventory management / looting is by far the most frustrating thing about BG3 thus far and I really feel no desire to fix it let alone steps in that direction.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by WebSpyder
Also, we still have no shortcut to send items to camp which I know I use far more frequently than add to wares.

Exactly. Since Shift + click is already taken, Ctrl + click or Alt + click would do.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Originally Posted by WebSpyder
Also, we still have no shortcut to send items to camp which I know I use far more frequently than add to wares.
That might be by design ...
Maybe that is just me, but i find it quite hard to believe that send to camp is suppose to be used as portable infinite inventory. laugh

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Maybe that is just me, but i find it quite hard to believe that send to camp is suppose to be used as portable infinite inventory. laugh
Assuming it's a sarcasm, I completely agree.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard