Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#807895 16/02/22 09:15 AM
maVster Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I have seen the presentation yesterday but I would like to suggest some sort of body "Size" customization if possible.......a skinny barbarian? Really? To me it does not fit into the role, what do you think?

MaVster
veteran
veteran
I play Dwarf ...
That solves it pretty well. laugh

Humans are weak anyway. laugh :P

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
apprentice
apprentice
Dude, if they would make a masculine man this would offend twitter community. And this game revolves around pleasing twitter mob. So you only can ask for masculine women and for feminine men. This is why there are no normal feminine women to romance also.
So good that when DOSII was created they didn't try to please twitter. This is why DOSII is great.

Yeah, the barbarian class really shows that this game needs body type options. Twitter mob be damned smile

maVster Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
During the introduction yesterday the RL barbarian did not look skinny for sure. grin

Last edited by maVster; 16/02/22 01:23 PM.

MaVster
maVster Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Cmon Larian, we all love you but.....

getting this:
[Linked Image from pcgamesn.com]

instead of this:
[Linked Image from purediablo.com]

crazy

MaVster
stranger
stranger
100% agree! When has anyone ever seen a short, scrawny "barbarian" that seemed intimidating? I realize that Wolfheart guy might be one of the bigger YouTubers for BG3, but his BODY TYPE is not that of a barbarian I'd ever want to ROLEPLAY. Give us some body size mods so we can make characters look the way we want them to look.

Ragnar Hammerhand
Slayer of Goblins
Lifter of Weights
Eater of Cookies
stranger
stranger
I was thinking same when i started my latest playthrough and went into character creator, I was bit disappionted this time that we do not have body modification or muscle customization system in character creator, at least give us 4-5 preset options Larian, Pwease

Last edited by Gagandeep Singh; 16/02/22 06:17 PM.
veteran
veteran
Yeah, the malnourished barbarian look doesn't work for me. It's bad enough that I haven't been able to get myself to play the new patch yet.

Is the lack of body sizes the reason we don't have half-orcs yet?

Originally Posted by Chaotic Good
Dude, if they would make a masculine man this would offend twitter community. And this game revolves around pleasing twitter mob. So you only can ask for masculine women and for feminine men. This is why there are no normal feminine women to romance also.
So good that when DOSII was created they didn't try to please twitter. This is why DOSII is great.

I can't help but notice some truth to this when I see the companions. All the females start with a Str score over ten. All the males start with a Str score under ten.

L
addict
addict
L
Fret not, big barbs are coming – check out Chubblot's recent tweet

I'm kinda surprised they released barbs without these ready for players, but I'm sure they had their reasons.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Totally agree. Tried to roll a human barbarian but seeing that wimp made me move to dwarf. Then i heard the available voices and...meh.
I am missing half-orcs at this point or mentioned body options. A fitting body is already ingame, i mean, look at Halsin and he half-elf...

veteran
veteran
Funny how people complain that Barbarians desperately need half orcs ...
But nobody complained that Wizard cant be a Gnome ... frown

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
L
addict
addict
L
If we had Illusionists and Artificers I’d be more upset at the lack of gnomes

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Peranor
Yeah, the barbarian class really shows that this game needs body type options. Twitter mob be damned smile

Ah, a person of culture! Glad I'm not alone. Been preaching about body types since the Early Access launch. Where are my muscle women and men for martial classes, and my rotund people for eventual monks? Heheh

But seriously, yes, I'm DYING for body types.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by LukasPrism
Fret not, big barbs are coming – check out Chubblot's recent tweet

I'm kinda surprised they released barbs without these ready for players, but I'm sure they had their reasons.

Well just found out why the narrator is kinda in depth.

Spoilers for sure.
cause all the pregen characters narrat themselves and to make sure its equal the customs got the lady voice. It was one of that guys tweets for a YouTube vid

Last edited by fallenj; 17/02/22 09:09 AM.
stranger
stranger
I think adding body types would be great. Their lack of feels particularly jarring now that we have the Barbarian trailer.

Heck, I would love to see a body type similar to Jimmy from Panel From Hell, not just the classic Arnie.

Last edited by Throrface; 17/02/22 11:24 AM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by fallenj

Spoilers for sure.
cause all the pregen characters narrat themselves and to make sure its equal the customs got the lady voice. It was one of that guys tweets for a YouTube vid
Dig deeper next time. It was original design, all characters would narrate themselves in past tense. Then the idea changed because players was unhappy with the past tense in dialogues. That narrating Chubblot's found is leftovers.

And for the topic. I'd think everyone would know by now that the body types are in work. It just not that simple to implement them.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Zellin
Originally Posted by fallenj

Spoilers for sure.
Dig deeper next time. It was original design, all characters would narrate themselves in past tense. Then the idea changed because players was unhappy with the past tense in dialogues. That narrating Chubblot's found is leftovers.

And for the topic. I'd think everyone would know by now that the body types are in work. It just not that simple to implement them.
interesting

enthusiast
enthusiast
I can imagine that there will be different body type options once the game is released, and that they are not yet included because it is not that easy to implement them.
As far as I know, you can not simply use the same rig for all body types when you want your characters to look/move realistically. And the animation of more pronounced muscles should also be realistic.

There is also a lot of physical interaction between our character and the companions/other NPCs. I think it is (currently) simply more easy to consider only a few different character models for these animations. There already is a character with a more muscular body type, Halsin, but our characters do not really interact with him physically.

I would really like some variety in body types once the game is released, but to me, it is perfectly fine when it is not yet implemented in early access due to time constraints.

maVster Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Halsin's body would be perfect as a barbarian.

MaVster
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard