Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
old hand
old hand
As DnD and other fantasy games are all about stereotypes (which is a bit sad, but anyway) we need the muscular barbarian because it's a strength based class. Kind of stupid as most real "barbarians" or tribal warriors were quite skinny people without big "Conan-style" muscles shaped by anabolic agents. I have no problem at all with skinny warriors and barbarians (actually the normal body type in the game is quite muscular) but I like variety, so there have to be several body type options, at least skinny (much less muscles than now), "fantasy-game" normal (many muscles but not overdone, as the current body), muscular (hello Conan) and stocky. I also want a male skin option without body hair, I need my cliche skinny and hairless half-elf/elf.

As I stated in a previous post, this is still EA, and I, at least, consider this a cosmetic change. I'm sure this will be changed once the game is released.

B
stranger
stranger
B
This sounds exceedingly petty I'm sure, but this could be a deal breaker for me. There is so much great entertainment available currently and any RPG that takes character creation seriously needs different body types as a mimimum even if we don't get sliders of any kind. I usually only have time for one playthrough and I always play some kind of warrior archetype so playing a guy who looks like a white collar worker who maybe rock climbs a bit and cycles on the weekend does not fill me with any great enthuisiasm.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by maVster
Cmon Larian, we all love you but.....

getting this:
[Linked Image from pcgamesn.com]
crazy

Sorry a bit off topic but...
Man does the game need better <hard> shadows. Everything feels soft and too bright. Like Larian cranked up the overall brightness and shadow brightness +10. Feels like there is constantly a soft light box everywhere. Looks blurry and bad.

Edited the image to show what I mean. I think it looks 200% more amazing. Sharper and more realistic. But even then the shadows (building, trees on the ground are still too way to light...)
I would hope this is on purpose? Maybe to better see animation flaws/bugs during this EA...
At the very least I hope we will have options to do this ourselves, like in Pathfinder WOTR; options to change Gamma, Contrast, Brightness, Colors...
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Last edited by Count Turnipsome; 10/11/22 07:33 AM.

It just reminded me of the bowl of goat's milk that old Winthrop used to put outside his door every evening for the dust demons. He said the dust demons could never resist goat's milk, and that they would always drink themselves into a stupor and then be too tired to enter his room..
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard