Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
Chromax Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Good afternoon, dear Larian team!
Thank you for the new patch of the game!

My most significant concern so far is new women's underwear made in chaste and abstinent fashion.
I'll be honest with you - I don't like it, 'cause the previous lingerie in mini-bikini style from patch 6 was much better - is was prettier, more sex-appeal and feminine!

I suspect that by discarding bikini-like underwear and introducing nun-like apparel instead you strive to follow ethical purposes of non-objectifying of women.

But I want to urge you, dear developers and designers, to praise the beauty and perfection of women's body! It is the creation of nature at its utmost perfection, incarnated by skillful hands of Larian designers into this game! I don't think that one may objectify women's body by cherishing and admiring its beauty. Beauty is created to be exposed, not concealed.

So, hereby I ask you please to return minimalistic female bikini-style underwear from the previous patch 6 into the final release.
As a compromise I propose to leave present chaste and modest underwear for only, say, human females, but other races like elves, half-elves etc. could flaunt in sexy bikini lingerie.

Thank you for considering my opinion!

Vitaly

veteran
veteran
Old, new both look a bit uncomfortable for hardcore adventuring. How did you notice the change, I have no idea, and don't want to know.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Chromax
As a compromise I propose to leave present chaste and modest underwear for only, say, human females, but other races like elves, half-elves etc. could flaunt in sexy bikini lingerie.

Anyway, +1 to being able to customize outfits. This can include things that are practical for adventurers, or things that aren't practical but look cool. D&D doesn't need to go for perfect realism imo. A big part of D&D is creating and playing as a character; clothing can be an important part of that character. More customization is better.

stranger
stranger
Honestly, it didn't even occur to me to check out their underwear until I read this post. While the current set does indeed harken back to the 1950's poolside loungers, I'm a bit more concerned that people actually care about this

Ragnar Hammerhand
Slayer of Goblins
Lifter of Weights
Eater of Cookies
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by mrfuji3
Anyway, +1 to being able to customize outfits.
That wouldn't be first time Larian allowed to customise underwear. I am pretty sure at least one of D:OSes allowed for that.

veteran
veteran
Well, Just for some information clarity - it seems that for females, Elves (including drow, drow are elves, Larian), Half-elves and humans all got the new pseudo-lingerie underwear update, which is still better than the ridiculous leather bikini concept. Meanwhile, Halflings got a different update, giving them a simple rough fabric affair. Everyone else is unchanged:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Interestingly, Shadowheart did not receive this update and still has the leather bikini.

The males got a similar pass, though it seems that half-elves missed out for some reason:

The exact colour tone of your underwear seems to bee slightly variable based on your character's own skin tone; darker skin tones yield lighter fabrics and vice-versa.
Of course, the drow get a purple variant, naturally. I'm surprised there's not hidden spider designs amongst the floral patterns.

... or are there?

I'd really just like the ability to PICK my undergarments, not have them determined for me by race.

Last edited by Niara; 17/02/22 02:23 AM.
veteran
veteran
Though of course, as any self-respecting drunken berserker will tell you, the option to go running into combat tits out and legless (Literally!!), should also always be an option!

*Several characters preferred not to show their faces for this shot.
*These shots are an illustration of a new bug introduced with Patch 7, that shows up when switching armours; No mods are present.

An inverted bug also exists that flips this around, causing you too look temporarily bare-legged and topless:

Remember to report any new bugs you find, folks ^.^

C
addict
addict
C
The idea that you'd strip armor from someone and leave them in their drawers has always felt super creepy to me. Like, I done looted your corpse and stripped your armor, and here you are in your kinda-hot drawers is weird. Looting a corpse and leaving them au naturale is way, way less creepy than the default state of affairs in most games. If you mean party-wise, the way I think Niara indicates, yeah, that's a different story maybe. It's just weird that I can murder the shit out of someone, then be fussed about how dressed they are when I loot their shit. The murdered shouldn't be sexier dead in their drawers than they would be murdered without drawers.

L
addict
addict
L
Starting underwear should be based on your background, not race. Silk and lace for the nobility, rags for the urchins.

C
Chromax Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Originally Posted by Niara
I'd really just like the ability to PICK my undergarments, not have them determined for me by race.

Thank you for voicing that! Picking the undergarment would be really the best option!

So the gamer could select modest underwear for a cleric girl; and voluptuous drows who are no strangers to earthly pleasures could be clad in playful and seductive laces.

Last edited by Chromax; 17/02/22 07:11 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Chromax
I don't really have anything against "sexy lingerie" per se, but I'm more than a bit puzzled about the logic behind this suggestion...

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by LukasPrism
Starting underwear should be based on your background, not race. Silk and lace for the nobility, rags for the urchins.
Sounds good to me!

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
C
Chromax Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Originally Posted by Tuco
I don't really have anything against "sexy lingerie" per se, but I'm more than a bit puzzled about the logic behind this suggestion...

Yeah, probably my statement needs a proper explanation!

There are some societies in the human world, where exposing female beauty and sexuality may be considered offensive to someone because too much sexuality downgrades women as objects of sensual desire, treats a person primarily in terms of how they look, or how they appear to the senses, without considering their deep inner world.
But it is applicable only to human world! Elves and drows, and other creatures of Forgotten Realms are not human beings! Our human ethics is not applicable to them, they have their own laws, traditions and customs.

So, wearing a sexy lingerie by an elf, or half elf or a tiefling should not offend anyone in our human world, because it is their business, not ours! At the same time wearing a sexy lingerie in a game by a female human being may be considered as unethical by someone, cause humans ethics should be applied to all human beings, even if they live in a fictional world.

That was the logic behind my statement.

But still, as it was cleverly noticed by mrfuji3 and Niara, customization and picking of clothes for your character is better. So, as I already underlined it above - Picking the undergarment would be really the best option!

Last edited by Chromax; 17/02/22 08:48 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Tuco
Elementary, Dear Tuco. OP isn't into humans females.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by LukasPrism
I have to admit, I very much like this idea. Unfortunately, most if not all of backgrounds other than the aforementioned ones will have very little differentiation, and as such would probably be bundled together into the "generic" category.

L
addict
addict
L
It isn't an idea I had considered before, because I didn't think that Larian would be changing underwear around, but if there are going to be different varieties, the ability to pick would be nice. Funny to imagine a barbarian wearing silk undies under their furs.

old hand
old hand
My half-elf barbarian still has a leather bikini. Thought I'm not sure if it's a different leather bikini that it was before, but it's certainly a bikini.

I'd prefer it if both men and women got proper shirts and/or gowns for underwear. It's more atmospheric that way.

Optimistically Apocalyptic
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Dexai
My half-elf barbarian still has a leather bikini. Thought I'm not sure if it's a different leather bikini that it was before, but it's certainly a bikini.

I'd prefer it if both men and women got proper shirts and/or gowns for underwear. It's more atmospheric that way.
I agree. I don't get the obsession with sexy underwear for characters adventuring and living in the wilds mostly.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
S
SereneNight
Unregistered
SereneNight
Unregistered
S
I wish the guys got something other than leather underwear. I just don't see my elf wearing that under his armor all day. That's gross. Leather underwear is nightclub wear, not daily clothing.

apprentice
apprentice
One of my favorite mods in DOS2 allows you to clone the appearance of an item and apply it to your current gear. So my mage runs around in villager clothes, but I still have the bonuses of high level gear.

I absolutely can't have my characters go without conversation boosting equipment (such as +1 persuasion, set charisma to 18, etc, that old D&D games had). Meaning, I never went down to skivvies. Ever. But I support the choice to pick appearance. If my barbarian has "granny panties" to prevent chafing but sleeps in négligé then such should be my choice. Or perhaps my mage is modest because she's devoted her life to studies. Anything goes with a bard. Etc.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard