Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
Has anyone else seen this problem? The past three times I've reloaded, all parts of the map previously revealed through exploration have gone black. Quest markers are still shown.

It's happened both aboveground and in the Underdark. I first noticed it after reloading after dying horribly after attacking the Githyanki patrol, but wouldn't swear it hadn't happened earlier and I just hadn't opened the map.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
H
stranger
stranger
H
Just happened to me too. Happened after fast travelling, all fog of war is back. Reloading and restarting the game doesnt fix anything, in fact, all fog of war will be back when reloading previous saves.

Y
stranger
stranger
Y
I had this problem too. When I started a new game I didn't have that problem anymore though, strangely. think

I
stranger
stranger
I
Game crashed at random times - like during looting, or bartering. Then load last save and map is all black now. Even loading previous saves has the same permanent issue. Removing the entire Larian folder in the AppData folder doesn't fix it either. Map is constantly black as if unexplored. This is difficult - unplayable. Of all the previous patches Patch 7 seems to have the most catastrophic bugs, difficult to fathom how that has happened after 2 years in Early Access. At least protect the Save files from the bugs please.

Last edited by igor@af; 21/02/22 04:36 AM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
Same here, happened when I clicked to enter Shadow-Cursed Lands. Got the message that the area was not available yet, then map went all black except where I stood. Reloading previous save did nothing. This game is a buggy mess.

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Yes me too all the time now after reloading.

I
stranger
stranger
I
Fix #20 hasn't fixed this nor broken save file issues that cause the game to crash when trying to load a file.

stranger
stranger
I have the same issue. Started when i completed the killing of the Goblin leaders and when i fats traveled back to the druid grove my map was blackened out. Now when i load a saved game the areas i have uncovered are again all blacked out.

B
B
Fix #21 is already in the works. Fingers crossed that this will be addressed. Guess it all depends on how widespread this bug is.

Volunteer Moderator
OP Offline
Volunteer Moderator
I heard back from Larian after reporting this bug, and apparently it is a known issue and “should be fixed in a future patch”. So fingers crossed for hotfix 21!

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
S
stranger
stranger
S
I mentioned this in another thread but I had the same problem until I booted the game in DX11 vs Vulkan. I have pretty new hardware and I found that Vulkan has a lot more graphical weirdness / crashes that cropped up but your mileage may vary.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Old thread, but same map issue is happened to me now. I got that somethere in the Grymforge, before the forge battle. After that my map always unexplored after loading game. I have last patch(4.1.1.3686210). This issue appeared to me before patch 1. I was informed about that issue to Larian Support 21.8.23, but no fixed yet. Why?

D
stranger
stranger
D
I too am now having this problem and it's disheartening for sure to see that this issue was reported more than a year ago and still hasn't been fixed. :-(

Link Copied to Clipboard