Print Thread
S
Sigi98 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
S
If I understood it correctly, stealth works like the following at the moment:

If a creature you are hiding from does not have darkvision, it will not see you at all when you are heavily obscured, and you will have to make a stealth check when only lightly obscured.
If a creature you are hiding from has darkvision, it will always see you when you are lightly obscured, and you will have to make a stealth check when you are heavily obscured.

Problem is, unless you want to click on each creature and check if they have darkvision, you won't know if you have a chance at hiding in a lightly obscured area, or if you will be detected immediately. Therefore I propose that creatures with darkvision get vision cones in a different colour, maybe purple or something. This way we can immediately tell if it is possible at all to hide from that creature in a lightly obscured area, or not.

veteran
veteran
+1

veteran
veteran
Question is: Are you suppose to know?
I mean even those cones are quite hated by some people around here ...

I would not be against it honestly, but can imagine there will be lot of critique. :-/

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
S
Sigi98 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
S
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Question is: Are you suppose to know?
I mean even those cones are quite hated by some people around here ...

I would not be against it honestly, but can imagine there will be lot of critique. :-/

Obviously I cannot speak for other people, but for me personally, it would massively reduce frustration. If we were not supposed to know if a creature has darkvision or not, we wouldn't be able to click on them and examine them to find out (correct me if I am wrong, but I think this is possible).

old hand
old hand
this would help for sure

L
addict
addict
L
I like this idea – but would prefer the cone to be the same colour but less opaque (weaker) if the creature is at disadvantage to see you. The reason being, a single cone for a creature with darkvision might extend from dim light into darkness. So in the dim light it would be strong, but in the darkness weaker.

EDIT: Following that logic, a creature with normal vision would have a weak cone in dim light, and no cone in darkness. You could make the weak part of the cone more yellow/orange, and the strong part redder, to show the level of danger.

Last edited by LukasPrism; 21/02/22 05:37 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard