Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
I am really not a fan of Astarion's new bite scene, plus his line "this is a gift you know, I won't forget it" was taken out frown It was an important line. That line showed that Astarion is capable of recognizing when he's been done a favor and he doesn't assume that people owe him everything that he wants.
Larian Please put this line back in up delight
The Patch 5 Bite Scene was So Well done.

Does anyone else have similar feelings about it or think is fine the way it is ? . I 'm just gathering thoughts and opinions on it.(please be respectful up)

Astarion's new bite scene
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 20/02/22 07:28 PM
Last edited by Aranel Lavellan; 20/02/22 08:12 PM.
D
apprentice
apprentice
D
I like it, but I do agree the removal of that line is very sad. I honestly would like a nice combination of both scenes, that would make it perfect.

A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Yes ! excellent suggestion there, the combination of both scenes would be ideal laugh

veteran
veteran
I like it so much... because now I can kill him.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Good for you

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
You could kill him before. When you choose the answer 'Draw your weapon' it's an autokill. The only downside is, that Astarions body will lie there until the end of the game.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
Y
stranger
stranger
Y
The line "This is a gift you know, I won't forget it." is still in the conversation log if you look at it afterwards. I agree it's not right that it's gone. You don't see him "stalk toward the forest" either but since the lines appear in the log I think they were cut out on accident.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
Yup. Being able to stake him there and then is the best story arc for Astarion that I could ask.

Joking aside, from what I have seen it is better (as all revamped cinematics are so far), though I didn't see the other path.

apprentice
apprentice
I haven't seen the new scene but that line is critical, in my eyes, to liking the character. Shows a development that's important for a party member/relationship.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Considering Astarion is honestly the only character I actually enjoy so far (being in that you love him or you hate him spot), I really hope his arc is more than just Sadistic Vampire Spawn wants to kill master and become true Vampire. Am I saying make him good? No. You can be evil and be more than just evil. I honestly fear he, and everyone else, will be completely one note.

A
A
I do not like it for the most part. Don't like the removal of the "gift line", that was a critical part for me. Absolutely do not like how he positioned during the actual bite with his rear end up high, patch 5 position when he was on a bent knee and Tav laying on her side was much more appealing. But then again I think a lot of Astarion's scenes got worse

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by DraigoZarovich
I like it, but I do agree the removal of that line is very sad. I honestly would like a nice combination of both scenes, that would make it perfect.
+1. I tend to like the new cinematics, but that phrase not being spoken changes the perception of the Astarion by a lot.

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
I didn't even realize that line was taken out, because I was too focused on the fact that they force you to pull a weapon and lunge at him. Trying to attack/kill a companion is a very significant choice and you're forced to do it even if you choose the non-violent option beforehand. Maybe they did this because it's funny watching him just slap the stake out of your hand, but even if I liked everything else in the scene being forced to pull a weapon on him would ruin it for me.

You're not forced to draw your weapon when Laezel or (potentially shadowheart, if you don't recruit her and she shows up at your camp) try to kill you. Or even when you meet Astarion and he threatens you with a knife. In all of these scenes you have a choice between responding violently or nonviolently, and the following cinematic reflects that choice.

In the new bite scene you attack him regardless of what dialogue option you picked. It's really odd to me.

But yes, I hope the line being taken out is a glitch.

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
I agree that a combination of both scenes would work best. The new animations/cinematic for the conversation work better for the violent/angry options. They really don't work for a calmer character, imo. There are other scenes that have very different cinematics based on the option you choose, and I think this is one that would benefit from it.

I would also suggest adding a choice for where/how he bites you, because letting him climb on top of you if you're scared and/or angry at him beforehand seems strange to me... but that's probably asking for too much. I'd settle for not being forced to attack/try to kill him.

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
I'm not sure how much of these threads Larian reads, so it could help to add your comments/thoughts on the scene to the official feedback section on their website.

S
SereneNight
Unregistered
SereneNight
Unregistered
S
I am not a fan of the stake scene. My Tav was content to let Astarion have a drink without waking up the whole camp. I dislike that that was added

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
Originally Posted by SereneNight
I am not a fan of the stake scene. My Tav was content to let Astarion have a drink without waking up the whole camp. I dislike that that was added

It is a little funny that you're having this dramatic scene in the middle of camp now and no one wakes up. I think I'd prefer it if your character remained in their bedroll like before, if they don't choose to attack him. But I'd settle for not being forced to be angry or violent.

addict
addict
Liked the scene, disliked the dialogue options.

Last edited by mr_planescapist; 25/02/22 11:54 PM.
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Originally Posted by mr_planescapist
Liked the scene, disliked the dialogue options.
That is pretty much acurate for almost every cutscene with Astarion. laugh

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
stranger
stranger
I personally like it and don't have any real complaints about it.

The only things I would change are the fact that you're forced to attack regardless of the initial reaction and add back in the "This is a gift," line. It doesn't really matter to me if those changes are implemented but I can see why people want them and it makes sense.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard