Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#809163 21/02/22 04:25 PM
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
So I'm trying to sneak past the masks and enter turn based mode... except they are still wandering around with their sneak cones going everywhere.

One character gets spotted and initiative is rolled and while I'm deciding what to do from there another character is constantly rolling stealth checks until they too get discovered.

What is the point in "turn-based mode" when the IMMEDIATE world (not to mention the extended world) keeps right on going?

veteran
veteran
It doesn't sound like you were in turn-based mode.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
I think this is just a major bug with stealth and sight. I have this happen a lot too. Astarion will succeed a save only to be forced to constantly reroll until revealed. I don't know if its a known issue or intentional.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by DraigoZarovich
I think this is just a major bug with stealth and sight. I have this happen a lot too. Astarion will succeed a save only to be forced to constantly reroll until revealed. I don't know if its a known issue or intentional.

That's what happens when you're not in turn-based mode.

Is it possible that some of your characters went in turn based mode, but others didn't because they were outside of the chain and you didn't realize it at the time?

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Originally Posted by JandK
Originally Posted by DraigoZarovich

That's what happens when you're not in turn-based mode.

Is it possible that some of your characters went in turn based mode, but others didn't because they were outside of the chain and you didn't realize it at the time?

It mainly happens in combat, everyone in turn based, except the stealth rolls. Its also happened with him under Blessing of the Trickster. It could be an error in the coding where stealth or Sight hasn't been properly programmed to go along with Turn-based mode, so the game rolls as if its in real time. This could also help explain why the AI seems to forget your last stealth location after a turn or two, which is how I managed to cheese Cambions in the helm.

Last edited by DraigoZarovich; 22/02/22 12:31 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard