Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Joined: Sep 2020
Zellin Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Joined: Sep 2020
Hello, dear Larian.
It just came to my mind that it would be cool if the person in our dreams, also known as Daisy, would get access to class-related appearance features. Sorcerers scales, barbarian piercing, whatever else will come into the game I would love to be able to choose it as a part of Daisy appearance.
And I also really want to be able to choose some different clothes for Daisy. That pink tunic doesn't really impress my barbarian CC in a good way.

Joined: Oct 2021
stranger
Offline
stranger
Joined: Oct 2021
You can change Daisy's clothes by changing Equipment.txt, if you want to mod your game.


Smiley day to you!
Joined: Sep 2020
Zellin Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Joined: Sep 2020
Originally Posted by vesnatallstag
You can change Daisy's clothes by changing Equipment.txt, if you want to mod your game.
Thanks, but I don't want to mode the game in principle.

Joined: Oct 2021
stranger
Offline
stranger
Joined: Oct 2021
Originally Posted by Zellin
Originally Posted by vesnatallstag
You can change Daisy's clothes by changing Equipment.txt, if you want to mod your game.
Thanks, but I don't want to mode the game in principle.

It is not, actually, modding. You just change some files (lines), you won't add anything.

Last edited by vesnatallstag; 23/02/22 02:16 PM.

Smiley day to you!
Joined: Aug 2014
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Aug 2014
It's a good point. Since that character is supposed to be the PC's dream person there needs to be more choice.

The pink dress with exquisite jewelry presumes too much. It can very easily be a turn off on both sexes which undermines the entire narrative. Conan was attracted to warrior women. Someone could be best manipulated by a matriarchal authority figure (like Vlaakith is for Lae'zel) instead of a young lover. Someone might like a farmer and dream of a peaceful life on a farm. Pink dress with golden jewelry doesn't equal universal attraction.

Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Sweden
Dez Offline
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Sweden
Originally Posted by 1varangian
It's a good point. Since that character is supposed to be the PC's dream person there needs to be more choice.

The pink dress with exquisite jewelry presumes too much. It can very easily be a turn off on both sexes which undermines the entire narrative. Conan was attracted to warrior women. Someone could be best manipulated by a matriarchal authority figure (like Vlaakith is for Lae'zel) instead of a young lover. Someone might like a farmer and dream of a peaceful life on a farm. Pink dress with golden jewelry doesn't equal universal attraction.

I constantly pick a female Daisy simply because I cannot stand that outfit on a male character. :']


Hoot hoot, stranger! Fairly new to CRPGs, but I tried my best to provide some feedback regardless! <3 Read it here: My Open Letter to Larian
Joined: Aug 2014
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Aug 2014
As a male, it's not something I would wear either. ;D

Joined: Jan 2022
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: Jan 2022
I would agree that Daisy's current garb is quite harem-esque on both sexes, and that does not necessarily equate to the "ideal love interest" of everyone. If anything, different Daisy outfits could be tied to your background choice, like a god/dess for your acolyte, a crime lord for your criminal, a forest nymph for your outlander, etc.

Joined: Oct 2020
A
member
Offline
member
A
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Eagle Pursuit
I would agree that Daisy's current garb is quite harem-esque on both sexes, and that does not necessarily equate to the "ideal love interest" of everyone. If anything, different Daisy outfits could be tied to your background choice, like a god/dess for your acolyte, a crime lord for your criminal, a forest nymph for your outlander, etc.

Succubus for those of us with a carnal mindset smile

[Linked Image from clipground.com]

“Yes Absolute anything you desire”

Also, for anyone who got this far…. When was the Daisy name given? Is it official or meme ish.

Last edited by avahZ Darkwood; 23/02/22 07:23 PM.
Joined: Sep 2020
Zellin Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Joined: Sep 2020
Originally Posted by avahZ Darkwood
Also, for anyone who got this far…. When was the Daisy name given? Is it official or meme ish.
It's the name from the associated game files.

Joined: Dec 2020
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Dec 2020
Yeah, the pink dress is atrocious - give Daisy something sensible to wear.


"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
Joined: Oct 2020
member
Offline
member
Joined: Oct 2020
The pink outfir is awful, like he/she fell out of the shower and got the curtain wrapped around themselves. Also, tasteless jewellery. No class at all.

Joined: Oct 2020
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Oct 2020
If we can eventually have Daisy be a male dragonborn.... there is just no way I can withstand those scenes. I am way too gay and way too furry, I guess. o_o

Joined: Jun 2020
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Jun 2020
Personally, I skip the daisy build in most of my games these days because, at a basic level, I deeply resent having to give an answer to having the question of what attracts me being boiled down to base physical appearance.

I'm looking forward to the day when our first daisy conversation lets us say something to the tune of "You look like someone I love, and you aren't her, so stop wearing her face, and leave, now."

Or just, you know... indicate in some way that their awkward creepy fumbling is not working in any way and their attempts at rapey seduction are unpleasant and violating.

==

Small aside...

Originally Posted by vesnatallstag
It is not, actually, modding. You just change some files (lines), you won't add anything.

Just to be clear... "Modding" is the current commonplace vernacular for "modifying", sooooo.... saying "it's not modding, you just change some files" makes you look a little silly ^.^ You are modifying files that the game uses; that is modding, by the very core definition.

S
SereneNight
Unregistered
SereneNight
Unregistered
S
I got used to the purple gown on my male daisy, but I would prefer something shorter, and less purple. But I think Daisy should get some agency and be able to choose what they wear. Perhaps that's the thing wherever the nighthag/incubus/succubus or mage Daisy really is, thinks is cool. Got to be a clue in there somewhere.

Joined: Oct 2020
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Niara
Personally, I skip the daisy build in most of my games these days because, at a basic level, I deeply resent having to give an answer to having the question of what attracts me being boiled down to base physical appearance.

I'm looking forward to the day when our first daisy conversation lets us say something to the tune of "You look like someone I love, and you aren't her, so stop wearing her face, and leave, now."

Or just, you know... indicate in some way that their awkward creepy fumbling is not working in any way and their attempts at rapey seduction are unpleasant and violating.

==

Small aside...

Originally Posted by vesnatallstag
It is not, actually, modding. You just change some files (lines), you won't add anything.

Just to be clear... "Modding" is the current commonplace vernacular for "modifying", sooooo.... saying "it's not modding, you just change some files" makes you look a little silly ^.^ You are modifying files that the game uses; that is modding, by the very core definition.

I actually never done the love interest part, is it actually rape? or seduction?

An ya, a mod can modify one line and its still considered a mod.

Joined: Feb 2022
Location: UK
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
Joined: Feb 2022
Location: UK
Yes, neither the outfit nor the voice worked at all for my latest dwarf barbarian playthrough. I do really like the idea of something in your head trying to subvert you through your dreams and hope this is something that gets plenty of development, but though I know it’d be expensive I wish that Daisy would try different tacks if the seduction angle didn’t work, or that you could choose a different kind of relationship (e.g. family member, comrade, mentor) up front.

In the first dream this time I used the option that is something like “Get out, I’ve got too much stuff in my head already” which seemed to cut off the seduction and indeed the whole scene pretty sharpish and I’ve not seen Daisy again this playthrough, though admittedly I’ve not used the tadpole much. But all my companions still talked after the first dream as though Daisy had tried to tempt me. If I’d not played before I’d have had no idea what they were talking about. (Sorry, that’s not exactly on the topic of Daisy appearance!)

Joined: Jun 2020
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Jun 2020
Originally Posted by fallenj
I actually never done the love interest part, is it actually rape? or seduction?

Spoilers, because it's tangential to the discussion:

With the caveat that I've not played the scenes as of the latest patch, and they may be different now or present different options:

As of my last play through of the scenes; it did not matter how much you rejected their advances, the scene still continued as though you were seduced (saving in the last scene where you can physically attack them, I *think* - I could never see what was going on). Afterwards, if you talk to your companions, no matter how much you made it clear you didn't want them doing what they were doing, your companions still chide you for fibbing, and that they know you bedded your dream lover, and they know because they could experience it too/see the memory something to that extent; they know you did it because they saw/felt etc. (they get to know what's in your head all the time forever, but you don't get to know what's in theirs)

So, I didn't want it to happen, make it clear I didn't, it happened anyway -> yeah, that's rape. No amount of "oh but your character wanted it" changes that. No, she didn't; that's my choice to make. If she was controlled to want it and do it in the dream, because she wasn't actually in control of the dream, or if she was magically compelled to want it in the moment, guess what, still rape. If it were 'just' a dream, then that former possibility might not count, but the other entity is clearly a very real, sentient other entity, doing this - not a figment of our own imagination or an unreal dream ephemera - and we experienced the dream directly, as ourselves, so, yes, it's still a violation because of that.

Now, I'm not saying that it has to change - the game opens with a very dramatic body violation already, and it's setting a tone... but if our dream daisy is forcing this matter, no matter whether we actually want it or not, then they cannot pretend that it is anything other than rape... and they cannot legitimately expect our character to 'come around' to them after that.

Joined: Dec 2020
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Dec 2020
I agree, that the whole sequence is rapey und intrusive. That's why I don't use the tadpole anymore, the Dreams sequences make me uneasy.


"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
Joined: Nov 2020
A
addict
Offline
addict
A
Joined: Nov 2020
I don't use the tadpole (I did one run with an evil characte that was just spamming the powers), but I think it's supposed to be creepy, not seductive. I've the impression it is a hint as to what is going to happen if your character keeps using the tadpole too much. You won't be able to resist the absolute anymore at some point, just like Daisy gets more and more power as the dreams progress.

Last edited by ash elemental; 24/02/22 08:13 AM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5