Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Sigi98 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
S
Gale went hostile for no apparent reason when I camped in the Zhentarim hideout today. I got the dialogue line 'look out, an intruder' and then he went hostile and attacked me and my party. It is worth noting that he was not in my party setup at the time, and he also didn't ask me about getting him artifacts to eat yet, so he couldn't have been angry about that. After killing him, his dialogue about reviving him popped up, I revived him, and he immediately went hostile again.

Now I have a necrotic corpse in my camp dealing damage to me every time I go to camp.

Any idea why this happened, or is it just a bug?

stranger
stranger
lol he got angry at me and left the camp and his Quest line read he will never come back. However i did try to pry into his mind several times and that was why he got angry

F
stranger
stranger
F
I also got this bug at the same location. Leaving the area and trying to long rest somewhere else doesn't help either. It's definitely a bug and I haven't found a fix for it. I tried just knocking him out, which then leads to the other inactive party member attacking us as well(unless they got a hit in to Gale - which usually resulted in his death since my other inactive member is Laezel), and knocking out doesn't seem to work as it still just kills them and you can't help them back up since it's considered an enemy. If Scratch is around, he will turn hostile as soon as one of the non-active party members is attacked. It's a very frustrating bug.

I read that this used to be an issue in the Blighted Village, looks like the problem has moved now to the Zhentarim hideout. I've tried all the fixes I saw for this issue and none of them work. Ie: going somewhere else, incapacitating strikes, etc. I'd rather not have to kill everyone but who was in my party at the time lol. I will also mention - Gale loves me in this run-through so I highly doubt this is a feature.

Edit: So, I just tried continuing without taking a long rest just to see what else I could do. Literally every single NPC in the entire world is now hostile towards me and attacks me on sight. Essentially every NPC that isn't in my party turns red when I approach. So, idk what killing the Zhentarum Gang that attacked me first did, but apparently the entire world knows and hates me for it.

Last edited by Forkie; 23/02/22 05:06 AM. Reason: More information
W
journeyman
journeyman
W
We are experiencing the same bug, but it happened to us in the goblin camp. Possibly related to the Zhentarum gang there which we did kill after being attacked by them.

CMK Offline
I experienced a similar bug in the area of the goblin camp that is right after you kill the Ogre (I think its an Ogre), so I went back to my previous save and once in the underdark everything was fine... not sure what causes this either.

Link Copied to Clipboard