Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Melkor dimvir #811575 14/03/22 09:28 AM
L
addict
addict
L
As long as you can add custom portraits… I can’t stand it when the portrait doesn’t match the in-game model, and don’t really want to be building my character off a preset portrait.

LukasPrism #811576 14/03/22 10:20 AM
addict
addict
Originally Posted by LukasPrism
As long as you can add custom portraits… I can’t stand it when the portrait doesn’t match the in-game model, and don’t really want to be building my character off a preset portrait.
Thats something Larian could of innovated upon! 3D models based on kick ass portrait art smile

Dez Offline
addict
addict
Originally Posted by mr_planescapist
Thats something Larian could of innovated upon! 3D models based on kick ass portrait art smile

This was unfortunately a common issue for me in DoS2 as well - the portraits were often straight up terrible, even when the character was at least semi-good looking. I always prefer the traditional fantasy portraits, BUT - I believe that ship might have sailed when it comes to BG3. :[

Yet, I see absolutely no reason why they shouldn't give us a better version of DA:O's portrait style. Alternatively, take a look at the character lobby photo-alternatives in any korean game (Vindictus, BDO, Lost Ark etc). Just using and improving either one of these features, or both, would result in much better portraits than the ones we currently have. I'd love for the portraits to at least have some sort of personality, like the emotion-sliders in DA:O where you could add a slight smile, gritting teeth or just a neutral expression. Being able to change background - or at the very least the color of it - and the angle of the picture (so that we can avoid the awkward straight-forward position) would be really nice as well.

Hoot hoot, stranger! Fairly new to CRPGs, but I tried my best to provide some feedback regardless! <3 Read it here: My Open Letter to Larian
veteran
veteran
Example portraits of Dhampirs. Im using those in Pathfinder: Wotr.
Another reason why I love art portraits in Crpgs...you can really dial in the kind of character you imagined. Instead of bland and boring <everyone looks similar> 3D renderings . Totally different feel.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Wow those are rad portraits, I'd love to use them in my WotR games sometime, could you point me to the full versions? Or even versions already prepped to load into the game?

As for the topic, given how much weaker than a vampire spawn he is, making Astarion a Dhampir actually would make more sense. Obviously they might have plans for his character that require him to be a spawn, but from what we've seen so far, I think having him be a Dhampir that's been emotionally abused by his father, with the tadpole granting him not the capacity for independence, but more power, potentially more power than his father, would be a more interesting route to take him. Sure, Dhampir don't NEED to drink blood, but you could say that his sire raised him to be reliant on blood and now when he can't get it he's weaker. Having him be a dhampir would let the tadpole give him MORE power rather than taking powers he should have had.

Gray Ghost #811721 15/03/22 11:51 PM
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Gray Ghost
Example portraits of Dhampirs. Im using those in Pathfinder: Wotr.
Another reason why I love art portraits in Crpgs...you can really dial in the kind of character you imagined. Instead of bland and boring <everyone looks similar> 3D renderings . Totally different feel.

Wow those are rad portraits, I'd love to use them in my WotR games sometime, could you point me to the full versions? Or even versions already prepped to load into the game?

As for the topic, given how much weaker than a vampire spawn he is, making Astarion a Dhampir actually would make more sense. Obviously they might have plans for his character that require him to be a spawn, but from what we've seen so far, I think having him be a Dhampir that's been emotionally abused by his father, with the tadpole granting him not the capacity for independence, but more power, potentially more power than his father, would be a more interesting route to take him. Sure, Dhampir don't NEED to drink blood, but you could say that his sire raised him to be reliant on blood and now when he can't get it he's weaker. Having him be a dhampir would let the tadpole give him MORE power rather than taking powers he should have had.

Its part of a huge portraits set mod <Heroes of Stolen land> released for the Pathfinder games a couple of years ago (last update in 2021) . There are over 300 portraits for ALL classes many races, including Dhampir, Aasimar, Orc, Goblin, Tiefling, and Kitsune. But it looks like it was removed recently from Nexus due to copyright issues?? Im sure its still out there...though the latest version added Kitsune and Dhampir I think.
95% of the portraits are basically ALL amazing, which is rare for such quantity wink Im even using them for my BG2 play through (needs some editing).

Last edited by mr_planescapist; 16/03/22 12:03 AM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard