Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Hello. I live in Ukraine in a peaceful city in the east of the country where Russians and Ukrainians lived in peace (most Ukrainians in my city speak Russian and this has never been a problem).
Three days ago I woke up from the explosion of rockets. Russia attacked our country at 4 in the morning without declaring war and unleashed a war in Europe - it bombs our cities, destroys infrastructure, kills civilians and their homes, and brings in tanks and soldiers, trying to destroy democracy and create a new one here Transnistria to block the way to the European Union. This united the whole country, people of various views were shocked and could not believe what was happening, because this war had no rational causes and prerequisites. But quickly united to resist the invader.

No one could imagine that this would happen again in Ukraine - the same thing happened here in 1941. If we compare Hitler's speech about Poland and Putin's speech about Ukraine, they are strikingly similar.

Putin wanted to make a blitzkrieg. He wanted to make himself a rating as it was with the annexation of the Crimea, and lost a sense of reality. But something didn't go according to plan. In every city of our Motherland, the occupying troops meet nationwide resistance, thanks to the heroism of our army and our people, more than 3,000 Russian soldiers were killed in the first few days, although Russia claims no military losses, according to the original propaganda plans. Now to continue this war = political suicide for Putin, as well as to admit defeat. It is impossible to defeat an entire Ukraine nation in their native land... No one knows what a crazy old man with a nuclear bomb is capable of next, and this is terrifying.

I have many friends in Russia (like many other Ukrainians), and all reasonable people in Russia do not want this war. But their voice is not heard, since a repressive police state has been built in Russia, opposition leaders have been killed or are in prison, and those who go to anti-war rallies are being repressed. Many good people also simply do not understand what is happening and think that they are fighting "fascists" and doing a good deed, because they receive information only from the propaganda media of the Russian Federation and live in an information vacuum for many years, they have censorship and propaganda in their country . And after they hear the truth and receive confirmation from us, they are in shock, it is very difficult to believe in this. There are also those who are zombified by propaganda and rejoice in the grief of others, but I do not think that such people are in the majority. Many russian people live in comfort, "out of politics" and believe that it does not concern them. It is desirable not only Swift, but also Visa with Mastercard! This is the only way to draw the attention of Russian society to the problem with Putin.

Despite the fact that the people of Ukarine are VERY angry and filled with hatred for the Russian invaders and those who sympathize with them, many people understand that our enemy is the military-political leadership of Russia, led by Putin and his Goebbels-style propagandists, not the entire Russian people. Although, unfortunately, something reaches the people of Russia and they begin to ask questions only when their personal wallet and standard of living suffer, and therefore the maximum possible sanctions are needed.

I have hundreds of videos from here if anyone is interested. I don’t know if censorship will let them through, and where I can upload this. But my world will never be the same

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
veteran
veteran
God bless the brave people of Ukraine. Our governments may not be doing as much as they should be doing to help you, but many of us in the West stand with you.

Over on the Obsidian Entertainment forum there is a very active and vocal thread on the war. Feel free to come over there and join us, gamers from all over the world who post there.

M
stranger
stranger
M
OneManArmy, we are with you and support you as much as we can, you are defending Europe from Putler.

I'm in touch with my friends near Kiev. Can't believe this is happening, at the same time I see your President and your people have bigger balls than the western leaders.

Slava Ukrainie, best vibes from Warsaw, sister city of Kiev. Stay strong and slay the enemy in tens of thousands, hundreds if needed! Make them pay for attacking your home!

Best regards to the St Petersburg team of Larian, too, hope you folks are safe over there. I hope this is the beginning of the end of Putin's reign and world will be a better place in the future.

Last edited by Macca; 28/02/22 09:52 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
This is such a deeply saddening, scary and gut wrenching shit show, really shows you what's important in life and what a luxury it is/was to be able to spend our time playing and debating video-games instead of being forced to acknowledge that our ordinary silly lives depend on the whims of fascistoid totalitarian leaders. Strong feelings of support from my side for anyone involved and made to suffer because of fucking putler's cruelty. Let's hope we see him dance the Mussolini-swing on that sweet Ghadaffi street-beat sooner or later ! Also please Larian, Take care of any staff or relatives thereof you might help with the resources you have. I couldn't give a fuck about BG3 and rather have my EA money donated to taxi's or food for Larian people needing help. Take care and stay courageous, truth is on our side and victory will be too inevitably. Fuck Putin.

A
addict
addict
A
I don't really have the right words to express myself, just wanted to say that here in Poland the majority of people support you and we try what we can to help. I hope we can meet in a better future.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Macca
OneManArmy, we are with you and support you as much as we can, you are defending Europe from Putler.

I'm in touch with my friends near Kiev. Can't believe this is happening, at the same time I see your President and your people have bigger balls than the western leaders.

Slava Ukrainie, best vibes from Warsaw, sister city of Kiev. Stay strong and slay the enemy in tens of thousands, hundreds if needed! Make them pay for attacking your home!

Best regards to the St Petersburg team of Larian, too, hope you folks are safe over there. I hope this is the beginning of the end of Putin's reign and world will be a better place in the future.

Thanks! We are fighting not only for our independence and European future, but also for the freedom of Europe and Russia itself. If we do not stop Putin here, then Moldova, Georgia, Estonia, Latvia will be next, China will get a bad example and will look at Taiwan, and so on.

Ukrainians and Russians will now be enemies for a generation, the horror of the war and the crimes of Russian soldiers and the tacit approval of the Putler-supporting electorate that led to genocide will never be forgotten.

Fortunately, there are adequate people there, in Europe there will be many political refugees from Russia, too, not only Ukrainians. Because of some crazy old dictator from the secret services both our peoples are suffering. Although I would say that the Russians deservedly suffer, the only way to reach the brain through propaganda is through the stomach. Im very sorry for those Russians who initially did not support this and went out to protest despite the enormous danger, but I think they also understand the need for sanctions

We will defend our home, defeat Putler and destroy the empire. I think that after this, NATO may have to ask Ukraine for cooperation, and not vice versa

[Linked Image from static.inshorts.com]

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
T
Banned
Banned
T
God Bless the brave people of Ukraine! I am born in Finland Europe. The only reason I have done military service is due to our neighbour Russia in the East. It is mandatory (must do) for men in Finland (voluntary for women) to either do military service or civil service (civil service means work for free full time work over a year).

Ukraine Kiev specially does not feel so distant I was there last time year 2012 (not due to football though I watch football) as a tourist. Kiev trip was good, but if I would tell all things that happened on my trip I feel that I would hijack your thread.

This is Ukraine music released 2011 near the time I was visiting Kiev Ukraine during year 2012.

Well and Ukraine people many are handsome or beautiful more or less. Of course being HERO does not require to have good looks and it is the deeds that counts.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 30/03/22 03:12 PM.
T
Banned
Banned
T
Ukraine people are HERO the women and men..
Russian warship: Moskva sinks in Black Sea
Well done Ukraine!
"A Russian warship that was damaged by an explosion on Wednesday has sunk, Russia's defence ministry has said.

Moskva, the flagship of Russia's Black Sea Fleet, was being towed to port when "stormy seas" caused it to sink, according to a ministry message.

The 510-crew missile cruiser was a symbol of Russia's military power, leading its naval assault on Ukraine.

Kyiv says its missiles hit the warship. The United States says it also believes it was hit by Ukrainian missiles.

Moscow has not reported any attack - it says the vessel sank after a fire.

The blaze caused the explosion of the warship's ammunition, Russia says, adding that the entire crew were later evacuated to nearby Russian vessels in the Black Sea.
"
etc. Well done!

Last edited by Terminator2020; 15/04/22 08:35 PM.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard