Print Thread
K
Kivan Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Hellos guys,

I've been wondering about the pair of skeletons under the damaged bridge on the Risen Road. The character mentions that they are a curious pair as they have Haper and Druid simbols. The known pair (to me) that come's to my mind are Jaheira and Khalid as they both appeared on the previous Baldur's Gate games and they where married. Jaheira was a druid and Khalid a fighter but both of them where Harpers. Also from one of the corpses you can loot the initial weapon and armor with which you start as a fighter indicating that at least one of them looked like it was this class.

I've searched on the internet but found nothing.

Any thoughs? Could it be possible or am I just imagining things and those corpses are just a pair of nameless skeletons?

Salutations!

E
addict
addict
E
Interesting theory and it would have been a nice touch but I do believe that
Khalid was killed by Irenicus in the dungeon of BG2?
My info is purely based from BG2 so I have no idea if that remained the case in D&D lore.

veteran
veteran
Druid subplot will likely tie to Jaheira, and I believe some assets and references to her have been datamined. As mentioned by Etruscan Khalid presence is unlikely.

As to skeletons identity at the moment I don't think there is much more to them then expired Harper agents.

veteran
veteran
Will be interesting to see what they do with Jaheria. In the books Jaheria dies and cannot be resurrected, not even by the (potential) new god of murder. If she's in the game it will mean that the video games are cannon and not the novels.

veteran
veteran
I think the fact that Jaheira is in the sourcebook as a leader of the Harpers indicates that she'll be in the game and not dead. I also think that Jaheira is the person who sent the drow Jhaam and her crew to Grymforge to investigate.

Notice the note that you find on the dead drow at Grymforge, and notice what Murmath, the duergar spider master says. "Had the smell of the surface on them." They weren't Underdark Lolth Drow. They were surface drow.

And the note says that the writer is anxious/concerned about the cult's activities at Grymforge. Jhaam was being sent by the writer to infiltrate and check it out because Jhaam never failed the writer previously. None of that sounds like Underdark Drow to me.

Finally, the note is signed just "J". Who are we constantly running into in the game who are investigating Grymforge and such? Harpers. They were there back in 1372 investigating it, and I'll wager that Jhaam and her crew were Seldarine Drow Harpers also investigating it.

Just a theory, of course, but seems probable to me. If according to the sourcebook Jaheira is a Harper leader, it would certainly fit that she's in Baldur's Gate and she sent drow Harpers to learn more about the cult and the forge.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
Will be interesting to see what they do with Jaheria. In the books Jaheria dies and cannot be resurrected, not even by the (potential) new god of murder. If she's in the game it will mean that the video games are cannon and not the novels.
Just from what I've learned here and in Bladedancer's mega thread, those novelizations sounded pretty incongruous to the games, I think even the first book doesn't even jibe with the beginning of Baldur's Gate II. It's the "Murder in Baldur's Gate" adventure that I think they'll be pulling from the most, and the comics. I don't really know much about either though.

Originally Posted by GM4Him
I think the fact that Jaheira is in the sourcebook as a leader of the Harpers indicates that she'll be in the game and not dead. I also think that Jaheira is the person who sent the drow Jhaam and her crew to Grymforge to investigate.

Notice the note that you find on the dead drow at Grymforge, and notice what Murmath, the duergar spider master says. "Had the smell of the surface on them." They weren't Underdark Lolth Drow. They were surface drow.

And the note says that the writer is anxious/concerned about the cult's activities at Grymforge. Jhaam was being sent by the writer to infiltrate and check it out because Jhaam never failed the writer previously. None of that sounds like Underdark Drow to me.

Finally, the note is signed just "J". Who are we constantly running into in the game who are investigating Grymforge and such? Harpers. They were there back in 1372 investigating it, and I'll wager that Jhaam and her crew were Seldarine Drow Harpers also investigating it.

Just a theory, of course, but seems probable to me. If according to the sourcebook Jaheira is a Harper leader, it would certainly fit that she's in Baldur's Gate and she sent drow Harpers to learn more about the cult and the forge.
They also mentions how their eyes weren't red, which is apparently a trait of Lolthsworn (retconned). It's a good way of roping in Jaheria, but also be aware that most of the Harper stuff we find is from when they were investigating Thorm.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit

datamined content suggested that she will be. There is even an armor named after her.

old hand
old hand
I shudder to think how Larian is going to cock up Jaheira.

E
addict
addict
E
Maybe she’ll be resurrected a deep gnome? You know, just for the lolz.

addict
addict
Druidic reincarnation can do that to you! lol

Originally Posted by Etruscan
Maybe she’ll be resurrected a deep gnome? You know, just for the lolz.

V
Van'tal
Unregistered
Van'tal
Unregistered
V
Bah!

She left me after I baited Drizzt into attacking me for a second time, while Keldorn flat out joined him :O. Best moment of the series to pull off a win with no reload (very satisfying).

Mazzy, Jan, and Viconia stood by me. Jan the kiter for the win (Drizzt in full pursuit, as Jan going on about potatoes).

Anyway, as fun as old characters were, they would do better to have appearances of characters like Elminster (and perhaps a higher power or two) to add a sense of importance (and nostalgia).

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Van'tal
Anyway, as fun as old characters were, they would do better to have appearances of characters like Elminster (and perhaps a higher power or two) to add a sense of importance (and nostalgia).
Jaheira has more importance and nostaligia for me, as I know who she is. All I remember of Elminster is awkard Gandalf knock-off appearing throughout BG1.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard