Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#810798 04/03/22 07:23 AM
RutgerF Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Combat log is a vital part of the game. It provides an expanded explanation, along with the numbers involved, when a particular outcome is not clear. Additionally, it's a crucial tool for providing feedback, what Early Access is mostly about.

Unfortunately, the way it's implemented now, the log actively resists our attempts to use it in both scenarios. Here are the main issues:

• 1. It now includes both combat log data and speech. Ideally, these two should be separated into different logs. There are plenty of examples in other CRPGs how it can be done.
  • 2. The log is being forcefully autoscrolled. Even if I'm trying to hold the log's scrollbar with the mouse in a particular position, it still jumps to the end every time an entry is added to it. Combined with #1, it becomes very difficult to take a meaningful screenshot to report an issue - especially when I need to hover the mouse over a particular part of an entry, to display a tooltip with detailed data.
  • 3. It's closed by default whenever a new game is started, or a save is loaded. Sometimes, when I try to quickly take a screenshot, I realise that the log isn't visible only after it's taken.

I'm pretty sure others can add their own thoughts about the subject. Would be really helpful if at least some of these issues will be addressed. Thanks in advance.

RutgerF #810822 04/03/22 11:28 AM
old hand
old hand
Ya said this last week, chat & combat needs seperated for sure. Voice lines are getting spammed in chat and makes it really hard to see combat info.

fallenj #810828 04/03/22 12:22 PM
RutgerF Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
fallenj,

Yeah, people were voicing that in different threads. I just decided to bring it all together in one topic.

Last edited by RutgerF; 04/03/22 12:22 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard