Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
BG3 is a delightful game, even in early access. I rarely pay 60 dollars for a game, let alone one in early access, but Baldur's Gate really blew me away. My friend and i love the chaos of playing in a party together, but there is an issue I would like to see acknowledged or addressed eventually. Like many fantasy games, BG3 features giant spiders. As a result, friends who would otherwise be interested in purchasing and playing the game together have decided to avoid it.

I am unsure how easy it would be to implement some toggle or slider that could change the model used (such as in Grounded(2020) ) that reduces the spiders into more arachnophobia-friendly appearances, but I doubt I am the only person who would like to see the possibility of this accessibility feature.

I haven't had any trigger issues with the BG3 spiders, they're to cute and don't move the right way to be real ones.

(It's pretty bad, I'm looking round for spiders and getting that nasty feeling now that I'm thinking about them!)

old hand
old hand
There is a no spider mod somewhere on Nexus and I'm sure, more will follow, since you get them for most games, that feature spiders. And yeah, I wish, they would be used less in games.
However as an arachnophobe I, too, am ok with the spiders in the game so far. I use no spider mods in some other games - Skyrim for example, after I encountered my first frostbite spider, I noped out and installed a mod, that changed them to bears.
I'm not sure, If a toggle would be possible though.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
C
CMK Offline
C
Awwww, but they are nice spiders... I even used speak with animals to talk to them and they are quite congenial...

Last edited by CMK; 08/03/22 02:13 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard