Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#811050 06/03/22 04:52 PM
GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Here's an idea I had to really help with Item Management.

Backpacks can be marked as Auto-Assign. In other words, I find a backpack on the beach. I can mark it as None, Camping Supplies, Misc., Weapons, Armor, Potions, Books and Keys, etc.

Any time I pick up a corresponding item, it is automatically put in the pack. Each character can only have one pack per item type. Once you have one per, all additional would only be marked as None, meaning you have to put stuff in manually.

Then, at merchants, you can Sell All within each pack individually. So, want to sell all spoons and knives in Misc., Just select that pack and Sell All. Could also be used to Send All To Camp or to just drop one back at camp and designate a new bag for the same type.

Last edited by GM4Him; 06/03/22 04:55 PM.
veteran
veteran
I like that ...

Some time ago i suggested the same, but not with bags ... but with our companions, wich i would still preffer. But if this would be doable easily for Larian, why not.

+1

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
S
addict
addict
S
+1

old hand
old hand
Yeah sounds good!

GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
This way, even if we pick up tons of junk, it can be immediately put into the junk pack. Then I can easily sell it all at merchant with very little effort and time.

Likewise, if they keep the Camping Supplies system, I can easily create my own Camping Supplies Packs by Auto-Dropping Food, etc. into a single pack. When it gets too heavy, I can send the whole pack to camp as if my characters returned to camp and dropped off the pack. No hassle. No constantly moving items from one place to another one item at a time.

L
addict
addict
L
Yes please. They got halfway there with one of the gift bags in DOS2. It added a bunch of packs to your inventory for categorising things. Problem was it was still a lot of busywork and tough to remember what packs had what in them. Your version sounds better, and the search function would help immensely if it went into packs too.

GM4Him Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by LukasPrism
Yes please. They got halfway there with one of the gift bags in DOS2. It added a bunch of packs to your inventory for categorising things. Problem was it was still a lot of busywork and tough to remember what packs had what in them. Your version sounds better, and the search function would help immensely if it went into packs too.

Yes. Exactly.

Link Copied to Clipboard