Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#811104 07/03/22 09:19 AM
E
OP Offline
E
I'm not really a fan of him. Does Wyll or Laezal have any skill Astarion has?

CMK Offline
No, but at level 4 Astarion's main usefulness is to pick locks and disarm traps... which Shadowheart is pretty good at when you add guidance (if you can start YOUR character with a decent Dex you can also fill that role). What Astarion WILL be good for will be sneak attack... but sneak attack doesn't start getting really useful till level 5 (getting progressively more useful each odd level), but personality wise if you are gonna pick one I'd go with Wyll as he is more of the classic hero archatype (if not a tad full of himself at times) where as Lae'zel is kind of "High and Mighty" bitch that starts alot of infighting amongst the group as she thinks her way is the only way.

That is the best way I can describe it with out giving spoilers. Hope it helps

V
Van'tal
Unregistered
Van'tal
Unregistered
V
Wyll and Lae'zel are both great characters.

Wyll is pretty amazing with pact of the chain. Imp is the best scout in the game and quazit can jump scare enemies.
He also has the Darkness / Devils sight combo to deal melee damage, and shelter your party from certain death.

Lae'zel can be a battlemaster, which helps with battlefield control. She also can heal herself (second wind) and deal burst damage with action surge.

journeyman
journeyman
I often play a Wood Elf high dexterity Bounty Hunter Urban Tracker Ranger. This gives free stealth and thieves tools skills and can make use of all of the dexterity weapons. No need to take Astarion.

I play a Rogue most playthrough's so I don't really need Astarian. And even when I played Drow Warlock, I went with Urchin starting history and got stealth/slight of hand bonuses with 16 dex and did fine for lock-picking/traps. I will probably try a similar route when Monk goes live for testing.

apprentice
apprentice
Not me romancing Astarion lol but honestly there needs to be more rogue options for Astarion. Also I find not using the base feats makes for a more useful Astarion too

Now where's my pet Goblin?

Link Copied to Clipboard