Print Thread
#811213 08/03/22 01:03 PM
V
Van'tal
Unregistered
Van'tal
Unregistered
V
So I just had the cinematic where the Mysterious Villon revels her chosen three (Kinda they are shadowy figures). Shadowheart uses the artifact to ward her off.

So at this point my character is thinking enough is enough, I can't just let that artifact fall into the hands of Shar...You know, the powerful evil being bent on maleficent designs.

Now I realize that Shadowheart may be redeemable...perhaps she is a secret agent of Selune herself and she just can't remember (plausible deniability); my character does not know this.

So I am suggesting the option to fight her and take the artifact.

I realize that my character could have done this at the begining, however that is called murder. My character does not have all the facts yet.

BTW in table top, Metagaming is considered taboo and immersion breaking.

Metagaming: making decisions that are based on knowledge your character could not possibly possess, breaking the fourth wall and ruining the RPG elements of the game.

#811231 08/03/22 09:12 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
well, if you wanna make the artifact attached to you, don't take SH in your team when you trigger the artifact scene.
Originally Posted by Van'tal
Now I realize that Shadowheart may be redeemable...perhaps she is a secret agent of Selune herself and she just can't remember (plausible deniability); my character does not know this.
more like she's a Selunite who's been defeated by Sharrans and got brainwashed by them.Which is a very favourable tactic that Sharrans like to use.

V
Van'tal
Unregistered
Van'tal
Unregistered
V
[quote more like she's a Selunite who's been defeated by Sharrans and got brainwashed by them.Which is a very favourable tactic that Sharrans like to use.[/quote]

Would make sense with the whole amnesia thing she has going on.

I have had her in my party this play-through to try and appreciate the work that has been put into her, and on that note she is well acted.
When she starts gushing about Shar or speaks of looking forward to meeting the Shar worshipers at our destination I cringe.

Anyway, I know I can just not take her, which I probably will not, it still would be nice to have the option to part ways with any companion; and in this specific case I would say "Goodbye, and your not leaving here with that artifact".

Up until the point she used the artifact, I chose the "mind my own business" don't ask approach, so I didn't pay it any mind.

On my first play-through I parted company with her when she revealed she was a Priestess of Shar. I don't remember the artifact at all so it is probably new. I bet that was my chance to get the artifact on this run.

Now I am curious. I will reload this run and see what happens at the wind mill if I ask her to leave.

Last edited by Van'tal; 09/03/22 08:55 PM.
#811272 09/03/22 09:12 PM
V
Van'tal
Unregistered
Van'tal
Unregistered
V
Ok, so she leaves with the artifact...that I don't know about.

I will probably do as I did on the first play-through, which is be nice to her until she gives me cause to part company.

If the artifact comes back to bite me later I will have to deal with that then.

#811286 10/03/22 12:29 AM
veteran
veteran
Basically, there's no way you're getting rid of Shadowheart short of killing her; they hard roadblock you from progressing into the goblin camp without the artefact, no matter what you do before, and they desu-ex-machina an answer to it when you get there.

If shadow heart is in your party, and you've recruited her already, but deliberately left her behind in camp, then the artefact magically teleports to you to do its thing - because apparently you're so special that it will bend the laws of time and space to warp over and protect you from the absolute exerting her will on you (but doesn't do this for all the many other people that have been similarly dominated by her).

If Shadowheart is NOT recruited, and you've carefully avoided every flag where she tries to forcibly add herself to your party - she shows up out of nowhere here, 'catching up to you' in a similar deus-ex-machina way, to protect you with the artefact by extreme convenient coincidence.

If Shadowheart is recruited and also dead, the artefact teleports to you, as in the first case.

If Shadowheart is not recruited and dead, and you looted her, then the artefact already bound itself to you.

If Shadowheart is not recruited, dead, and you deliberately did not interact with her body, the the artefact teleports to you, as in the first case.

In either situation, the artefact either binds itself to you permanently, or, is Shadowheart is present, she joins your party, and you cannot send her away or deny her joining you short of killing her.

V
Van'tal
Unregistered
Van'tal
Unregistered
V
Originally Posted by Niara
Basically, there's no way you're getting rid of Shadowheart short of killing her; they hard roadblock you from progressing into the goblin camp without the artefact, no matter what you do before, and they desu-ex-machina an answer to it when you get there.

If shadow heart is in your party, and you've recruited her already, but deliberately left her behind in camp, then the artefact magically teleports to you to do its thing - because apparently you're so special that it will bend the laws of time and space to warp over and protect you from the absolute exerting her will on you (but doesn't do this for all the many other people that have been similarly dominated by her).

If Shadowheart is NOT recruited, and you've carefully avoided every flag where she tries to forcibly add herself to your party - she shows up out of nowhere here, 'catching up to you' in a similar deus-ex-machina way, to protect you with the artefact by extreme convenient coincidence.

If Shadowheart is recruited and also dead, the artefact teleports to you, as in the first case.

If Shadowheart is not recruited and dead, and you looted her, then the artefact already bound itself to you.

If Shadowheart is not recruited, dead, and you deliberately did not interact with her body, the the artefact teleports to you, as in the first case.

In either situation, the artefact either binds itself to you permanently, or, is Shadowheart is present, she joins your party, and you cannot send her away or deny her joining you short of killing her.

Thanks for the in depth summary.

I have no reason to turn her away or kill her at the beginning.

When she reveals that she is a cleric of Shar I can shoo her away.

If she inserts herself after that, then I am not sure I can kill her (she doesn't fight back), so that leaves me with "recruit her and deliberately leave her behind in camp".

Thanks smile

P.S. She is along for the ride ATM, as I suss things out.

Last edited by Van'tal; 10/03/22 05:07 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard