Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#811226 08/03/22 07:52 PM
Padzi Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a very peculiar bug that was present in both patch 6 and patch 7. Or, at least, I THINK they might be related.
I think that killing auntie Ethel in her teahouse somehow destroys Gale's need for more magical items.

This is what happened:

In Patch 6 and in Patch 7 I was giving Gale magical artifacts (different ones) and everything worked fine until I killed Ethel in the teahouse.
Gale doesn't react at any of them. I don't even receive comments from my companions that Gale might be interested (for example - staff of crones and everything I find after teahouse).

And on top of that auntie Ethel has a visual bug:

[Linked Image from 64.media.tumblr.com]

--------

Furthermore, we have a bug that happened before the aforementioned tea house problem:

Gale assimilated Necromancy of Thay two times. At camp, I gave him the book, and he said he will read it and then consumed it. But after I took a long rest, he thanked for the book and consumed it again. This happened before my encounter with auntie Ethel.

---------

Besides, can I report that I'm again attempting to romance Gale and again unlocking his romance scenes is an impossible mission? No? Ok, fine.

Padzi #811249 09/03/22 11:27 AM
V
Van'tal
Unregistered
Van'tal
Unregistered
V
My Bugs patch 7:

Stuck on Gaith ship...got to close to window on top deck and it showed me the fight inside and then acted like I was inside (when I wasn't)...forced reload.

Bardic air guitar: Bard and Volo (in camp scene) don't actually have sound...female bard sings half the song then mouths it...Volo sings none.

Volo repeates all of his lines twice in cave.

Druid plan to go through Underdark cinimatic...party merges in same space...druid stops having sound.

Last edited by Van'tal; 09/03/22 11:38 AM.
Padzi #811328 10/03/22 10:31 AM
apprentice
apprentice
I keep getting the screen turning black but the gameplay keeps continuing/ I tab in and out and SOMETIMES it fixes it, other times it's stuck black, can't see the menu, can click and hear the game audio. Pretty damn annoying sometimes

Now where's my pet Goblin?
Padzi #811454 12/03/22 02:36 PM
V
Van'tal
Unregistered
Van'tal
Unregistered
V
After crossing the lake, there is a small boat,

When I click on it, the screen goes black.

I have to use task manager to shut down the program.

Padzi #811684 15/03/22 06:26 PM
Padzi Offline OP
OP Offline
Current bugs in the goblin fortress:

1) This wall became indestructible after the newest patch. Magic, bows, swords, nothing works.

2) Spider bug. I killed the goblins that were guarding the spiders, and I was able to persuade the spiders to join my side. Everyone liked that, the spider left their cage. I didn't do anything to make them angry, but somehow they became hostile when I met them, and I was forced to kill them* (in the previous patches spiders did not attack me after leaving their cell).

Padzi #811686 15/03/22 06:32 PM
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Padzi
Current bugs in the goblin fortress:

1) This wall became indestructible after the newest patch. Magic, bows, swords, nothing works.

2) Spider bug. I killed the goblins that were guarding the spiders, and I was able to persuade the spiders to join my side. Everyone liked that, the spider left their cage. I didn't do anything to make them angry, but somehow they became hostile when I met them, and I was forced to kill them* (in the previous patches spiders did not attack me after leaving their cell).
I have never seen that wall and now I must know what is behind it!

Padzi #811688 15/03/22 06:34 PM
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Force or Bludgeoning damage should do the trick. wink

If i remember corectly, you need to do at least 10damage, otherwise your damage will be negated ...
So: Bomb is safe bet ... Eldrich Blast have roughly 50% sucesfullness chance ... Magic Missile is wasted spellslot. smile

Feel free to support our effort to make things right with this wall for Warlocks here:
https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=810707#Post810707 wink

//Edit:
Originally Posted by SammieGraceTV
former Selune temple and rest of the Goblins Camp laugh

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 15/03/22 06:35 PM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Force or Bludgeoning damage should do the trick. wink

If i remember corectly, you need to do at least 10damage, otherwise your damage will be negated ...
So: Bomb is safe bet ... Eldrich Blast have roughly 50% sucesfullness chance ... Magic Missile is wasted spellslot. smile

Feel free to support our effort to make things right with this wall for Warlocks here:
https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=810707#Post810707 wink

//Edit:
Originally Posted by SammieGraceTV
former Selune temple and rest of the Goblins Camp laugh
I'm now going back to the goblin camp to investigate! laugh

Padzi #811691 15/03/22 06:42 PM
Padzi Offline OP
OP Offline

Don't forget, you need to pass a perception check on at least one character to notice the wall.

I'm 99% sure I had over 10 damage, BUT I'm going to check again. Thanks.

Last edited by Padzi; 15/03/22 06:43 PM.
Padzi #811702 15/03/22 08:30 PM
Padzi Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok, I checked the wall. The report windows states I need to do 10 damage but doesn't show how many damage I'm doing. (I think that boosted barbarian is able to do more than 10 damage but let's assume it is not a bug). I cracked the wall with a bomb – 36 damage and went in.

The problem is – now I can't leave the same way I just went in. So… yeah. An interesting turn of events. ;p

Padzi #811706 15/03/22 08:48 PM
veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
I need to do 10 damage but doesn't show how many damage I'm doing.
Yup ... if your damage is "not enough" it dont show you what damage you did, bcs it was "absorbed" and therefore you effectively did none. :-/

(I think that boosted barbarian is able to do more than 10 damage but let's assume it is not a bug)
Depends ...
The wall is also resistant to many types of damage (you can find yout if you examine it) ...

If you are using Greatsword, wich is Slashing damage ... on iwich i believe its almost certainly resistant. smile
You do 2d6 + Str ... so even if your Barbarian have 18 Str (since Ethel Hair is not working right now, so im affraid 20 is impossible) ...
That means you can give 12+4 = 16 damage at best ... but since the wall is resistant, your damage is then divided by 2 ... meaning 8 ... wich is not enough. wink

But if you only switch your weapon to Torch (yeah a bit silly, but it works)
Your damage will be 1d4+Str ... (not sure if it is resistant to Fire, so i ignore that part ... lets say your torch isnt lighted laugh )
Meaning 4+4=8 at best ... but since the wall is vulneable, your damage is then multiplied with 2 ... meaning 16 ... wich is more than enough. smile

So yeah, silly as it seems, torch is twice as effective in tearing wall down than greatsword. laugh
(Even more actualy ... since Greatsword will never do any damage to that wall ... but im too lazy to count chances so late. :-/ )

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 15/03/22 08:50 PM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
Padzi #811708 15/03/22 09:07 PM
Padzi Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok, thank you for explaining this to me.
To be honest, I never thought about it because in the previous patches I was able to destroy the wall and go in. But now I know.

Padzi #811743 16/03/22 04:41 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
You can right-click, examine the wall and it actually tells you its resistances, immunities and (if I'm not mistaken) vulnerability to bludgeoning.

Padzi #812384 27/03/22 03:58 PM
Padzi Offline OP
OP Offline
Grymforge bug:

I defeated the Duergar before freeing Nere, and I was able to convince him to let the Gnomes go free. Thereafter, I went for a long rest and when I returned all the bodies from Grymforge were gone. Nere and Gnomes were also missing.
Moreover, even though Nere survived, the journal has a note saying that he died. My companions are also saying we should slice his head off.

Oh yeah, ALL NPCS HAVE VANISHED FROM GRYMFORGE. Not a single one is left, including Philomeen, that I was going to meet next.

Link Copied to Clipboard