Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Good afternoon! I'm from Ukraine.

I would really like to see the full version of Baldur's Gate 3 come out before the moment when the Putin throw a nuclear bomb at us.

Is it possible to make it so that if the Russians nuke us and the third world war will begin, the current version of the game appears in the Steam, and not the release date is postponed for decades? I want to at least find out what's in the Moonrise Towers.

UPD https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=811257#Post811257

Last edited by OneManArmy; 09/03/22 02:33 PM.

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
old hand
old hand
No, rather see them take there time and do what they need to do to finish the game. If the world blows up and the game doesn't finish, it'll be alright man.

old hand
old hand
Is political talk allowed here?

veteran
veteran
Even if it is this seems a little too dark to my taste. :-/
War is not something people should joke about.

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 09/03/22 08:52 AM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
P
stranger
stranger
P
And here you've got me angered...

First of all: There's no third world war at the moment.
Second: The chances, that the Russians will throw a nuke at the Ukraine are pretty small. It would bring no benefit. Noone would like to have controll over nuklear wasteland...
Third: I highly doubt that you are really from the Ukraine if THAT is your only problem at the moment. Instead - and if you're really Ukrainian - of demanding release you should get your A** up, and either helping your people or if you're unable to do that getting yourself into safe regions...

Please Larian, close and delete this thread...

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by PaSchTM
The chances, that the Russians will throw a nuke at the Ukraine are pretty small. It would bring no benefit.
You are making the same mistake as all Western politicians. You are trying to think rationally. It's not applicable here.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Originally Posted by RutgerF
The chances, that the Russians will throw a nuke at the Ukraine are pretty small. It would bring no benefit.
You are making the same mistake as all Western politicians. You are trying to think rationally. It's not applicable here.

Yes. I think rationally. Because I've read a lot about nuclear warfare. There are people in Japan even nowadays suffering from sicknesses after those two nukes thrown at hiroshima and nagasaki. I doubt that anyone, how stupid they may be, would launch a nuke near their own borders.

Thinking back of Tschernobyl: That radiation even reached western europe. Bavaria for example..

Launching a nuke would not only contaminate the Ukraine but also large parts of russia and europe. That would probably kick of a third world war. And if that's happening, well then we're all f***'ed..

I really try to keep calm on that subject. But... *sigh* It's hard to do that. Keeping my rationallity is probably my last resort not running around in panic...

veteran
veteran
Let's pause for a moment and take a step back. I initially responded as well and deleted after I reconsidered. I also thought: Poor taste. People are dying. Not cool.

Why would he/she write something like this?

They must be either:

1. A total jerk making jokes when people are dying. So yes. Not fun or funny.
2. Scared and trying in some way to cope - using some form of humor to deal with their circumstances.
3. Hurting and desperate, trying to seek some sort of help, even if it's from a video game forum.
4. Both 2 and 3.

Either that or they could be a kid who just doesn't know any better.

So, multiple scenarios where they aren't trying to be a jerk.

That said. Not a good thread regardless. It probably should be removed. I just think we should probably avoid lashing out. Even if he's just trolling, that's just feeding the troll.

Note: this is not OneManArmy's first post. So it isn't likely he/she is a troll. There must be something more going on.

Last edited by GM4Him; 09/03/22 11:38 AM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by GM4Him
Note: this is not OneManArmy's first post. So it isn't likely he/she is a troll. There must be something more going on.

Most of their topics/topic-titles give off a vaguely right-wing troll vibe.

As an example...what the hell is this?

veteran
veteran
Well, either way, highly inappropriate thread.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Originally Posted by Ragitsu

Thanks for pointing that out, Ragitsu.

Well, either way, highly inappropriate thread.

I agree on that, GM4Him. And I'm out here now.

Have a good one.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Let's pause for a moment and take a step back. I initially responded as well and deleted after I reconsidered. I also thought: Poor taste. People are dying. Not cool.

Why would he/she write something like this?

They must be either:

1. A total jerk making jokes when people are dying. So yes. Not fun or funny.
2. Scared and trying in some way to cope - using some form of humor to deal with their circumstances.
3. Hurting and desperate, trying to seek some sort of help, even if it's from a video game forum.
4. Both 2 and 3.

Either that or they could be a kid who just doesn't know any better.

So, multiple scenarios where they aren't trying to be a jerk.

That said. Not a good thread regardless. It probably should be removed. I just think we should probably avoid lashing out. Even if he's just trolling, that's just feeding the troll.

Second point. We don't have fun here. But i'm trying to stay optimistic, we have a huge amount of negativity every day, and while our military is solving the problem, we need to somehow distract ourselves
And perhaps once again draw people's attention to the disaster in my country, which could lead to a third world war if we do not hold out. But I won't mind if moderators close or delete this thread.

What Russian are doing defies logic, except that this war had no meaning and rational reason, they fire at nuclear reactors. Putin may have decided to commit suicide, taking with him a huge number of innocent people in Ukraine and Russia

The topic about diseases in the game and much more was really trolling, as well as veganism, cannabis is in the game, but please note that this trolling has never been aggressive

nstead - and if you're really Ukrainian - of demanding release you should get your A** up, and either helping your people or if you're unable to do that getting yourself into safe regions...

We do! And we are winning the war! But this is already the 14th day of the war, and I had time to visit this forum in an attempt to make a not-funny joke and distract myself. Although if someone else (not Ukrainian) created this topic, I would be as angry as you. We've lost thousands of people and I don't believe that this is happening in real life

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
P
stranger
stranger
P
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Second point. We don't have fun here. But i'm trying to stay optimistic, we have a huge amount of negativity every day, and while our military is solving the problem, we need to somehow distract ourselves
And perhaps once again draw people's attention to the disaster in my country, which could lead to a third world war if we do not hold out. But I won't mind if moderators close or delete this thread.

In that case: I apologize for my harsh post.

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
We've lost thousands of people and I don't believe that this is happening in real life

I can defenetly relate to that. It all seems kinda surreal..

I just hope it all ends soon. For you, all the other Ukrainians and the other innoccent people that got dragged into this.

apprentice
apprentice
We'll win yet, brother, stay strong. Gotta protect yourself and your loved ones to see that sweet full release.

T
Banned
Banned
T
Spoken like a leftist. You attack them for maybe being right wing? I am right wing to the very core so how about that?

My symphaty goes really to Ukraine people and I hope they survive and negotiate sooner or later ok peace terms. Ukraine can win yes and do not get occupied fully.
Ukraine people I really hope the best for them!

Anyway on to topic of BG 3 release. I believe most likely if you are looking to push for earlier release date that will not happen. They will release BG3 when done example my guess would be during 2023, but I would assume not late 2023. Tiny bit of chance of release during very end of 2022, but I do not believe that will happen. My best guess BG 3 release between January-June 2023.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 09/03/22 09:55 PM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Terminator2020
Spoken like a leftist. You attack them for maybe being right wing? I am right wing to the very core so how about that?

Most of the people that bring up contentious discussions and/or memes about COVID-19 (including vaccinations and quarantining) tend to - at the very least - lean right-wing; I'll gladly stand by that assertion after roughly two years of observation both in person and online. By the way, since when has the mere mention of a political orientation constituted an "attack"?

journeyman
journeyman
Another proof that Larian do not read they own forum, the political topic reported, exist and nobody cares.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by arion
Another proof that Larian do not read they own forum, the political topic reported, exist and nobody cares.
Indeed moderator activity get a little cold lately. :-/

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
This whole forum is pointless anyways who cares

enthusiast
enthusiast
I'm a leftist, i have very strong feelings of solidarity with the people of Ukraine who are suffering an unprovoked, illegitimate, criminal, violent war at the hands of a totalitarian dictator and his corrupt state apparatus. Not sure how being left- or rightwing would influence your views on civilians being murdered and a totalitarian autocrat invading a neighboring country to deny its very right of existence (on absurd, false, and fabricated grounds).

I don't think this thread should be removed, but I would be in favor of the mods changing it's title into something more general and fitting for a 'war containment thread'.

I am also convinced that this forum is in one sense or another a 'community' - even if based only of our mutual desire to bitch and nag about a videogame - and that this means we should take care of each other, especially if some of us here are or have people close to them who suddenly found themselves in a war situation.

And to end with perhaps the most cynical observation: the war is relevant IMO for both Larian and the BG3 game as Larian has a St. Petersburg based studio, on twitter it seemed that the partner of Larian's head writer was trapped in a shelled area in Ukraine. So this stuff - besides affecting all of us in Europe - is also affecting Larian employees (and thus development) directly. Or do you think it is a nice time to be a highly skilled Russian dev working for a EU game studio now in Russia ? For what it's worth I sincerely hope Larian manages to evacuate anyone who can/wants from their Russian studio to somewhere else where they are not forced to live under authoritarian censorship laws, a repressive secret service and military dominated society and under the continuing risk of further escalation of either the war or the situation for civilians at the Russian side.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard