Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
enthusiast
enthusiast
I actually liked what Solasta did with the war domain cleric, giving them a strait up extra attack at level 8.

Switching them over to Paladin after level 8 made them the single strongest class in the game.

Nothing like having spells to smite with.

...of course Spirit Guardians, daylight (in a game with Epic Vampires that cranked out legendary attacks), and Great Swords that did radiant damage certainly helped.

Last edited by Van'tal; 06/04/22 03:11 AM.
G
enthusiast
enthusiast
G
Clerics are underpowered in BG3? Is that so? I'm no DnD/ BG1,2 player and have no experience, but I'm quite satisfied with what I get. Clerics could need a better cantrip perhaps, but the need to use a weapon often instead also gives a nice special touch, so I don't see much urge for changes. Later levels of course I cannot speak of.

I think when Larian unlocks more Cleric domains, integrates the better cleric spells (ex: Spiritual Weapon) and the cleric has access to 3rd-up level spells, they will really shine, as will any caster that will have access to 3rd-up level spells.

D
addict
addict
D
Originally Posted by geala
Clerics are underpowered in BG3? Is that so? I'm no DnD/ BG1,2 player and have no experience, but I'm quite satisfied with what I get. Clerics could need a better cantrip perhaps, but the need to use a weapon often instead also gives a nice special touch, so I don't see much urge for changes. Later levels of course I cannot speak of.
Compared to what they should be the vast majority of spells and features are in the game. But alot of the subclasses are missing. The phB alone already has 8 if memory serves. Some, like the war domain cleric turn the cleric into something closer to a fighter then the current domains that we have in the game.

Honestly though, cleric is 1 of the few classes that you could fill an entire party with (provided the run different domains) and that party would work just fine for like 99% of the game. Its a very versatile class. This whole 'cleric is underpowered' sentiment is abit of an overreaction I feel...

enthusiast
enthusiast
I want to see how well they do with Spirit Guardians.

A Nature Cleric would be awesome with Shillelagh and that 2d12 greatclub that can be obtained from the Minetaur.

HULK SMASH!

They get Element damage at level 8 too and / or dip into Barbarian for the Reckless Attack and pick up Great Weapon Fighter. Just dump int and talk like Minsk.

G
enthusiast
enthusiast
G
Originally Posted by Demoulius
Originally Posted by geala
Compared to what they should be the vast majority of spells and features are in the game. But alot of the subclasses are missing. The phB alone already has 8 if memory serves. Some, like the war domain cleric turn the cleric into something closer to a fighter then the current domains that we have in the game.

Honestly though, cleric is 1 of the few classes that you could fill an entire party with (provided the run different domains) and that party would work just fine for like 99% of the game. Its a very versatile class. This whole 'cleric is underpowered' sentiment is abit of an overreaction I feel...

I concur. I played Ranger, Sorcerer, Barbarian and Cleric up to now and Cleric feels the most powerful, with Barbarian the close second, also compared to Wizard and Fighter (Gale and Lae'zel). Maybe it's because I play with Light Domain which I find much better than poor Shadowheart's Trickery. I hope, if Shadowheart is a brainwashed priestess of Selune, that we could change her domain later to Life, or so. badsmile

I would really like more Cleric domains to see and also some more "grey" gods, I for my part could not find the perfect one yet.

journeyman
journeyman
I have faith this spell will be added if not its a massive oversight on there side. Just as monk and paladin are not in I think we will see more later this year. Its still roughly a year away from release

addict
addict
If they implement some of the more powerful spells, clerics should be insanely strong. In DnD 5th, they are easily one of the most powerful classes, hands down.

journeyman
journeyman
also ifn you look at the mods that unlock spells a lot are already in there

stranger
stranger
Spellcasters do not shine in lower levels. Though admitted the cleric is the weakest so far - annoying if you want to play as a cleric and only have lvl 4 available.

Rest assured - clerics will shine bright later on. I have no doubt.

Last edited by Volo Junior; 07/04/22 10:01 AM.
old hand
old hand
Clerics are not Underpowered.

In fact the Light subclass is a more than a little OP, and if we ever get Level 5 they will become majorly OP because at that point they not ONLY become the hardest to hit Tank in the game due to Warding Flare (once per round gives disadvantage to the attacker, unlimited charges) and having the best AOE in the game (Radiance of the Dawn 2d10 + wis mod /half on failed save to ONLY enemy targets in 30 feet from caster) but they will also get to cast Fireball as many times as a Wizard or Sorcerer at 5th level while being almost impossible to hit and being able to cast Radiance twice just with the extra divine channel at level 5 - wrecking anyone in melee range!

OMG, Light Clerics just dominate.

Even regular Clerics have an amazing array of Force Multiplier type spells. Love Clerics in this game.

Ok Back to Playing Elden Ring.

Blackheifer
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard