Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
For example, when you take some decisions that say, Laezel approves or disapproves of, is the actual amount of approval and disapproval gained weighted by how much the decision mattered? as in gaining 10% approval/disapproval vs. 30% or something like that?

enthusiast
enthusiast
I'm sure some actions are greatly approved but some only grant slight approval. but the game doesn't tell you though.

Dez Offline
addict
addict
Originally Posted by ALexws
I'm sure some actions are greatly approved but some only grant slight approval. but the game doesn't tell you though.

I think this too would be the only thing that makes sense.

I can't possibly imagine that all "disapproves" or "approves" would have the exactly same "weight."

Hoot hoot, stranger! Fairly new to CRPGs, but I tried my best to provide some feedback regardless! <3 Read it here: My Open Letter to Larian
veteran
veteran
If I had to guess, I'd suggest it may be like many other games that have used an under-the-hood approval mechanic, in that each individual approval and disapproval are flagged as one of a few categories (such as minor/moderate/major, for example). This game won't tell you directly how much it's giving though; some do, like NWN2, but BG3 does not, so we'll mostly be left trying to work out where the biggest swings are until someone does some actual code digging and maps it all out.

veteran
veteran
I'd prefer if they didn't give you even that much. I'd rather not be able to min/max this.

If they'd at least give you a toggle for the feedback. Or maybe make it a New Game+ feature.

veteran
veteran
It would be weird if they weren't.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
apprentice
apprentice
Id like to know how someone at camp can hear me when Im at the Goblin Camp or where ever that they "Approve or Disapprove" my actions/comments
Magic hearing aids maybe?

veteran
veteran
One-way tadpole faouritism for origin characters, actually - they get to know what we're thinking, feeling and doing 100% of the time at all times (and judge us on it), 'because tadpole', but we don't get to know what they're thinking, feeling or doing practically ever, except in very few select circumstances. They get to lie to us as much as they like without any checks or rolls, and we can't read their minds to know otherwise... but we can't lie to any of them without immediately being called out on it 'because tadpole'. It's weak writing.

old hand
old hand
It's tadpoles all the way down.

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Originally Posted by PlugUglies
Id like to know how someone at camp can hear me when Im at the Goblin Camp or where ever that they "Approve or Disapprove" my actions/comments
Magic hearing aids maybe?

Do they though? I haven't noticed companions at camp react to your actions in this way. But if they do, it's plausible to think that they will hear about it from your other companions and they're back at the camp, and this it is reflected in their change of attitude.

Companions no longer seem to approve/disapprove if they are at camp or even if they are far away from the scene occurring. This seems to have been a change made in patch 6 as far as I can tell.

Additionally, I did a test in patch 6 where I wanted to see how long it would take me to get to Medium Approval with Lae'zel WITHOUT doing the Zorru scenes. What I discovered was that the Zorru scene was worth a large amount of approval. I don't remember what the exact number was, but it was something like - it took close to 15ish moments of approval to get to Medium without the Zorru scenes. WITH the Zorru scene it took something like 9 moments of approval.

I believe a dataminer found in the code that there might be a calculation for approval based on context, but I haven't been able to confirm this myself.

veteran
veteran
They also added a approval bar in the character sheet that might help gauge approval gains.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard