Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Teshkal Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
hey, i can create new chracters fine but every time i close the game and then try to load any save file the game looks like this:

[img]https://imgur.com/a/HIpb9it[/img]

i can click to make my characters move but no other functionality or hotkey works.

this happenes with and without mods installed.

i verified the game files and my drivers are up to date.

this issue makes it impossible to play the game this patch so i could use some assistance here please.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Yep I have the exact same issue - the only difference is that mine didn't work correctly in the previous patch - loading saved games just produced a black screen, followed by the game crashing.

We could really use some assistance with this please guys.

T
Teshkal Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
experimented a bit further and found that i can load saves during the tutorial. as soon as i leave the ship i can't load any saves without the issue mentioned above.

A
stranger
stranger
A
I'm having same issue and identical symptoms.

journeyman
journeyman
Same issues! I also have had steam validate the files and it did not find any issue

I drank what.. Socrates
M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Same Problem , still not fixed ????

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
What I do I open the BG3 Folder and start from there the game. The graphics is limited but at least I can play. Please fix this Problem. What I also figured out. In the Task Manager I see BG3 two times then the game looks funny and does not work. Larian please fix this.

C
stranger
stranger
C
any of you find a fix? same issue here...tried running as administrator, tried reinstalling, i agree it has to do with after tutorial maybe.

K
stranger
stranger
K
I ran into the issue of not being able to load savegames. Twenty hours in (for the second time - the first time I lost it because I was playing on Stadia but they shut the service down!)

Here is how I fixed it:

Launch Steam
Right click BG3, choose Properties
Click on Betas
Click the dropdown and choose the latest beta option (mine was 8 at the time)
exit out, wait for the game to update (42GB download for me)
Once I launched the game again, I was good to go - all my savegames were available

Link Copied to Clipboard