Next Thread
Print Thread
#812077 21/03/22 01:39 PM
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Hey there! After seeing that you guys added a bunch of stuff since I last touched it 1.5 years ago, figured I'd play for a bit, and damn, is it worth it.

However, I noticed a few glitches on Stadia I figured I should mention. Please note that these glitches occurred when I used the controller. I did not encounter these issues using my mouse/keyboard.

1. There are a few glitches when you battle in or near the druid grove, particularly the beach area, the hillside where the Tiefling with the lookout glass is, and tne cavern with the booby traps. In those areas when I'd try to hit an enemy or move in certain spots the cursor will go through the ground and get all wonky. I'd have to angle the camera a weird way to kind of get it to halfway work.

2. When trading, I have to buy a whole stack of items instead of just getting the amount I want, which is super inconvenient. I haven't tried shopping with keyboard and mouse, but on controller I cannot change the quantity of items I'd like to purchase, and its weird.

3. I cannot toggle the visibility of helms. When using keyboard and mouse I can change the visibility of helms, but on controller I dont have that option. The choices I make using the mouse does autosave tho, so I just preset my preferred visibility using mouse, save, then restart the game and switch to controller.

4. On both keyboard and controller I've encountered moments where instead of moving my character, the camera starts going crazy, and I have to reset it either by switching to another person and switching back, or (more often than not) by activating, then deactivating turn based mode.

If I encounter anymore I'll be sure to let you know. Quick question though, will we be able to cook in the final product? I surely hope so, considering we can find lots of raw food items and veggies and such, but we cant consume them.

addict
addict
Isn't Stadia dead in the water and closing shop? Why is Larian still supporting that piece of turd.

Thanks mr_planescapist for your productive and helpful comment for those of us who do use Stadia and bought the game for the same price as you did. You're awesome.

AnnaKin89,

We've experienced all of the same issues. It helps with the camera falling through the ground and when the camera starts going crazy, at least in combat, to use L1 or R1 and it will pop your view back to something more stable.

We're also experiencing weird issues with controller via Chromecast losing hotbar control, but it's not happened with controller via USB to computer.

It seems they did fix the "waiting on other characters" leaving camp problem we were having previously.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by mr_planescapist
Isn't Stadia dead in the water and closing shop? Why is Larian still supporting that piece of turd.
Let's say it doesn't seem to have a bright future in general, but Larian has a pretty compelling reason to support it: Google paid a fuckton of money for the privilege.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Oh! Thanks for the insight, I might have to try the L1 R1 trick. I'm using a tablet, so I dont have USB ports for my controller, but thats definitely something to look into.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by mr_planescapist

Dude, please.... Head to steam forums next time you feel that attitude coming up, or go outside and have a cookie, be nice.

A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
The Stadia version of this game has more issues now than it did 2 years ago. I'm hoping these things get fixed before its actual release.

broken cutscenes, repetitive dialogue from Volo in the Goblin Camp, spells that won't work when they should (using speak with Dead on Spike) or during fights when you have to do some finagling to get a spell that you're trying to cast to trigger the casting effect so you dont hit them with a quarterstaff instead.
There's sooooo much wrong with this that if I didnt have prior knowledge of events I'd be pretty upset that I missed out, even if its still in Early access.

It's really unbearable and unenjoyable going through the Goblin Camp in particular where most of these issues occur, especially since its such a pivotal part of the story.

Other major issues include missing cutscenes in the camp, broken dialogue in tne camp with ppl that have exclamation points on their head. When you have the opportunity to romance characters and make your choice nothing happens when you go to long rest, you literally just rest a d tne prompt doesn't come up like it used to.

Astarian's dialogue changed a lot and not for the better. His character went from useful, but narcissistic sarcastic asshole to Disrespectful, spiteful, narcissistic dick bag, piece of shit #1 on my hitlist fuckface. Its truly unfortunate because he used to be one of my faves, now he should just come with a trigger warning. Thats not so much a glitch but just a sad waste of a character.

Like I said before, if I find more Glitches and such I'll add them to the pile :p

Link Copied to Clipboard