Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#812263 25/03/22 11:16 PM
OP Offline
Let me start out by saying that I do like the "fog of war" for rooms that you can't see, however, there are a few instances where this may not be appropriate, such as Waukeen's Rest and burning in. I can understand, if there's a door closed and you can't see into the other room, however, once you open the door, you should be able to see in partially, especially if there's a blazing inferno going on, on the other side. When I broke through the door to the second side, you can't see that the blaze is erupting in the other room, and realistically, you should see that the fire is blazing in there. Maybe not see much, but enough so you don't get your buns toasted just by taking a step in to see what's going on. Other areas would be similar. If a door is closed, sure, you can't see in, if it's opened, you should be able to see in a little bit, just in case there is danger directly on the other side. Great mechanic, just needs some tweaking.

The second thing is more of am "I have no idea what's going on. The bard's song at the druid circle. I have my sounds customized (music fairly low, voices up almost all the way, etc) but her song is muted so that I can't hear it at all. It's a pretty song and would like to listen, but it's like my characters are deaf. :P If anyone has any idea what what might be happening, I'd appreciate it.

Vortex138 #812269 26/03/22 12:20 AM
veteran
veteran
+1 all fog of war should dissipate when you open the door, not when you step in the room.

A complex solution is to implement party lines of sight and only reveal the areas of the room characters can see into through the door, and then reveal the room fully when characters enter, but that's not necessary.

Vortex138 #812329 27/03/22 01:12 AM
A
stranger
stranger
A
Yeah I noticed both of those things recently and all I can say is, I hope they fix it.

Vortex138 #812376 27/03/22 02:35 PM
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Vortex138
The second thing is more of am "I have no idea what's going on. The bard's song at the druid circle. I have my sounds customized (music fairly low, voices up almost all the way, etc) but her song is muted so that I can't hear it at all. It's a pretty song and would like to listen, but it's like my characters are deaf. :P If anyone has any idea what what might be happening, I'd appreciate it.
I found going into window sound settings and turning on spatial sounds has helped with this

Now where's my pet Goblin?
Vortex138 #812387 27/03/22 05:06 PM
veteran
veteran
I am sure they just don't have yet system for "peaking" into the rooms. It is an issue ATM, but assume it will be addressed in the future.

Link Copied to Clipboard