Next Thread
Print Thread
U
UV01 Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
U
I am not a fan of the UI rearrangements. I believe the "End Turn/Enter Turn Based" button should be front and center as it previously was. My biggest complaint is the fact that if I am to end my turn in multiplayer while sharing a turn with someone still acting, the "remaining resource" pop-up covers the action log on the bottom right side of the screen as a standard setup. I am one of those players that has it open showing multiple entries at all times during my gameplay as the action log is a valuable tool.

I also do not appreciate the current standard number keybinds on the actionbar, odd numbers on top, even numbers on the bottom. Maybe this has more to do with how I arrange my spells visually on the actionbar paired with my desire to have my spells ordered by usage frequency/spell type.

Lastly, this is more of an established habit, but I see no reason to swap the "long rest" and "waypoint/map" buttons on the minimap - I find myself constantly misclicking out of habit. Previously on the square minimap, the "waypoint/map" button was below "long rest", while on the circle (current) minimap, the "waypoint/map" button is stacked on top of the "long rest" button. The square minimap had the buttons ordered [(Long rest on top, short rest underneath), then (waypoint)]. I see ending the day as a far-reaching mechanism, ending and beginning a new day, while the "waypoint/map" button is practical only in the "here-and-now". Following the [(classification/frequency)] order, it would make more sense for the functional buttons on the new minimap to be ordered Counter-clockwise as Long rest, Short rest, Waypoint/Map. "Journal" button is in the ideal position, as it is the foundation of context in a game designed around context.

ABOVE ALL, NOTHING SHOULD OVERLAP THE ACTION LOG AS A STANDARD FUNCTION!

On a positive note, the sliders are growing on me, the buttons for spell categories are pretty cool (though rarely used by me).
I'd appreciate at least 4 more squares (2x2) added onto the overall actionbar length.

L
addict
addict
L
Making the main hotbar longer and having the resource bar resize so it’s not taking up unnecessary space would be my main hopes. I also never use the flee button so that doesn’t really need so much emphasis. Could happily lose the round buttons on the far left and right.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by LukasPrism
Making the main hotbar longer and having the resource bar resize so it’s not taking up unnecessary space would be my main hopes.
+ bzillion! <3

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
The current system gives the feeling that DnD is a big incomprehensible mess.
Solasta, which does not have a perfect interface (especially visual appeal), makes things very clear, simple and easy to understand.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 01/04/22 07:09 AM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
The current system gives the feeling that DnD is a big incomprehensible mess.
I wonder how much of it is intentional - I am sure BG3 will be praised as a super deep, mindboggingly complex game, while it’s mostly just poorly presented to the player.

U
UV01 Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
U
I'm definitely a fan of the "inspect" element. Everything is comprehensible if you want to learn, and there is DEFINITELY a learning curve for D&D. Inspect tool allows the player to look at/up pretty much anything relevant to what's being inspected, not to mention the multi-level inspection option. What exactly do y'all find to be incomprehensible/obscure that cannot be discovered using the Inspect tool?

veteran
veteran
Everything is mixed together. So (if you understand that you can) you have to switch through multiple hotbar for things to be a bit more understandable... but the same icons appear in more than one but in another positions ofc...
Bugs aside, if you want something really clear you have to manage multiple hotbars. My Gayle at level 4 has 11 different hotbars LOL, which does not make things understandable at all. Your reactions are hard to find. Your items (to throw, to use) are sorted randomly.

The tooltips are mostly good now, but hotbars makes everything more complicated than it should be.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 01/04/22 07:26 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
old hand
old hand
New actionbar gives from what I remember 6 additional slots per bar. Haven't put the time in for testing yet. But customization seems more available.

Link Copied to Clipboard